*BREAKING* Chael to fight Vitor in a MW #1 contenders match @ 205 [CONFIRMED]

this is great bc i have always wanted to see machida or weidman vs vitor or chael, all good matches

Thank you ufc!! Chael making one last run at the title! And who cares if it's at lhw they are 2 middleweights agreeing to fight at lhw. They probably don't have enough time for both to make weight

Number one contender match up for the middleweight championship but the bout will happen at LHW.

Funny how that works. Its not like theyre fighting next week... two months isnt enough time? Lol. Wtf.

they made it a #1 contenders match to garner interest cos Vitor will most likely win and most people think that way so they gotta do something to get interest.... also if Cheal somehow wins it makes a pretty good story about him moving back to where he belongs at MW

Bizarre that they're fighting at 205 with a middleweight title shot on the line. Still, this definitely ups the stakes to something more important than a simple grudge match. I'm on board.

Two LHW's fighting for a chance at the MW strap.

And Dana calls this a sport.

Not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Vitor was already number one contender at MW and Chael has been a legitimate MW contender.

Champion : Chris Weidman
1 Anderson Silva - still out with leg injury
2 Vitor Belfort - number one contender
3 Lyoto Machida - title challenger
4 Jacare Souza - elbow surgery
5 Luke Rockhold - lost to number one contender (but the case can really be made that if Chael didn't already have a fight promoted that the title shot could be decided with Vitor / Rockhold 2)
6 Tim Kennedy - Has lost to both Rockhold and Jacare, so he needs one more big win to elevate himself ahead of them, or several continuous middle of the pack wins as they work through contenders
7 Mark Munoz - Fighting Moose
8 Michael Bisping - Fight Cung Le
9 Francis Carmont - fighting Dolloway
10 Costas Philippou - Recently lost to Carmont and Rockhold

Anyone think it's pretty strange that this is Vitor's 3rd shot at a MW title, and he has yet to beat anyone at 185 for it?

this is bullshit why does vitor have to win a shot at the belt again?

Anyone think it's pretty strange that this is Vitor's 3rd shot at a MW title, and he has yet to beat anyone at 185 for it?

Vitor-Belfort-3.gif

file.gif

:icon_twis

The silver lining in this,is TRT-less Vitor gets to test himself against game fighter before fighting the champion.

fight at 205 for a shot at 185? lol

Anyone know the odds on this fight yet? I'm hoping Vegas severely underestimates Sonnen

WTF?! fight is at 205 for a MW title shot? Vitor winning is the only way this title shot makes sense

I'm ok with this.

I'll be rooting for Chael.

But Vitor is a killer.

Who cares about the 205 thing? It's two middleweights agreeing to fight at LHW. I am fine with it.

For a short notice fight with no title implication, sure. This is two guys who just came off of TRT, and now get to fight for a title shot. Cutting down to 185 and maintaining muscle mass may be a problem for both of them at this point, assuming they're clean and not just hoping to avoid random tests.

I have no problem with it being at 205 if it weren't a #1 contender match. Stann/Wand was fine at 205.

Back