*BREAKING* Chael to fight Vitor in a MW #1 contenders match @ 205 [CONFIRMED]

Chael just confirmed on UFC Tonight

Fight will be @ 205, winner of Vitor/Chael gets the winner of Weidman/Machida

Machida is far too much for Sonnen & Stylistically Weidman even more so. Sonnen does have a decent shot at beating Vitor though which kind of sucks. He offers no excitement to a title fight when he has such a small shot at winning.

Fuck it... yeah Chael doesn't deserve it but if he somehow does get past Vitor then Machida/Weidman both beat him...

so another beating

Its just a fight to keep Belfort active until he gets his title shot. Everyone knows how this goes down.

I guess. I mean Vitor is still the number 1 contender imo. I think this is more for Vitor. If Sonnen wins, I have to believe that someone like Jacare would be next in line.

Vitor is the number one contender, his last fight was at 205 as well if you recall.

So what's the issue? Chael lost to Rashad and Jones who he had no business in the cage with size wise.

Jones, yes. Rashad? No excuses.

it actually makes kinda sense. bc vitor deserves a MW title shot and if chael beats him he steals it. fight has to be at 205 since chael pre agreed to 205 and the fights a month out

theres no one else in the division that deserves it right now either. jacare isnt marketable right now but hell likely get a shot at some point anyway.

Everything depends on Sonnen's ability to take him down within the first minute.

Jacare? Kennedy?

But then again, it is the fucking UFC.

Also, it will be a weird TRT-less fight for both.

Who cares about the 205 thing? It's two middleweights agreeing to fight at LHW. I am fine with it.

The fight should be at 185. This makes the UFC look pretty dumb.

That said, looking forward to this. I want Chael to win just on the strength of being annoyed with Vitor's Christian nonsense.

This seems like a bad matchup for chael but I will be pulling hard for the bad guy! WAR SONNEN! By the way how bad does this make Wandy look for basically fulfilling Chaels promise. I do think it would make a lot more sense for this fight to be at 185

Seriously though....
CornetteFace_4208.jpg

Chael went from getting murdered to getting decapitated in his next fight. A fight @ 205 for MW contention? Wtf? Could the MW-LHW relationship get any stranger?

She
Nan
I
Gans

Awesome Chael is getting one last run at the title but c'mon Dana, stop dicking around Vitor.

Back