Breaking Bad finale Discussion: Heisenberg's last stand/Felina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the finale; it wasn't perfect but it it got the job done. For the most part, it answered all the questions and tied all the loose ends.

One major complaint that I will make though is the final shootout scene. As bloody badass as it was, it still begs a few questions. Why the hell didn't those nazis check the trunk? Yes Walt was in a rather shitty state and was seemingly harmless at that point but it never crossed their minds to check the obvious place for security reasons? And how coincidental was it that the Nazi thug guarding the outside conveniently stood right in front of the trunk where the gun would be fired?

Okay rant over, the finale was good!

Convenience is just laziness on part of the writers. Like the bad guy slowing raising his ax as his would be victim points the gun at his face. GTFO. But for every incident you could find of that in the first 4 seasons it seemed like season 5 had triple.

If there's anything to nitpick, it's Todd strolling up to the window after the shooting stopped and just basically going, "Oh wow would you look at that." They should've just had Jesse pounce on him right away, but it's a minor nitpick.

Good ending. And sets up Jessie's role in the Need for Speed film.

I agree with the "too many pieces falling conveniently into place" thing, but... it's still better than what they did to Dexter.

Is there a cure for ricin? After he told her wouldn't she run right to a hospital?
No there isn't. She was as good as dead and going to the hospital telling them that Walt poisoned her would end in an investigation that showed her for what she was. There was no way out for her.

http://www.medicinenet.com/ricin/article.htm
Jack wanted to kill Jesse for a long time. He was going to kill him to honor their contract, and he was going to kill him for the confession tape. Walt was not perceived as a threat so it wasn't as if Jack made a consciously stupid decision.

Agreed. Anyone complaining about how things went down are nitpicking and making mountains out of molehills. No show is immune to these types of moments.

If there's anything to nitpick, it's Todd strolling up to the window after the shooting stopped and just basically going, "Oh wow would you look at that." They should've just had Jesse pounce on him right away, but it's a minor nitpick.

That was the only thing I second guess and Todd was always a bit slow and naive. He probably was looking for a shooter or something. He was stupid and payed for it.

Great ending, wrapped everything up nice and good, Walt went out and accomplished what he needed, made amends with what he needed to and then died with what he loved, the meth lab.

Huel's outcome had no place in the finale, Brock's had 3 minutes of screentime the entire show and a detailed ending wasn't important, Saul could have been interesting but investing any time in the comedic relief to show how he's doing would be a pace killer, and Walt Jr. doesn't need a whole epilogue to show how it worked out.

In other words, the writers are better at this than you are, they did better than you could.

Yes, watching Walt sit in a snow covered car was much better than any of those ideas... what was I thinking?

No.

First, TV series are far more low budget than Hollywood movies, they shoot only what's nessessary.

Second, Hollywood only films multiple endings so they can screentest people's reactions to determine which one is best, and they release the rest on the DVD.

Vince Gilligan wrote and directed the ending he wanted.

You sure about that? The mom from malcom in the middle was on set for the last episodes. They could have filmed a joke ending for the dvds.

I liked that, actually. It stayed true to Todd's enigma of a personality. All his friends and family are lying dead in pools of blood all around him, but he's more fascinated with Walt's handywork.

So Todd.

That was the only thing I second guess and Todd was always a bit slow and naive. He probably was looking for a shooter or something. He was stupid and payed for it.

This is what I figured about Todd looking out the window, I think he was looking for who shot everyone, then got fucked up by Jesse.

I thought he was going to have one final cook and break the 99.9% purity or whatever. Ending was meh. 2/10 would not bang

You sure about that? The mom from malcom in the middle was on set for the last episodes. They could have filmed a joke ending for the dvds.

Not 100% sure, but I have a feeling with all the marketing for the series release on BluRay, the biggest seller would be the addition of multiple alternate endings.

So, I'm 99% sure.

Yes, watching Walt sit in a snow covered car was much better than any of those ideas... what was I thinking?

That scene was very short. Going back to the characters you mentioned would not have done any of them justice and would have broken the pacing on top of being out of place.

They should film an alternate ending where Walt stays in New Hampshire and becomes a lumberjack. Just for the lulz.

I liked that, actually. It stayed true to Todd's enigma of a personality. All his friends and family are lying dead in pools of blood all around him, but he's more fascinated with Walt's handywork.

So Todd.

That's exactly what I got out of Todd's reaction, glad to see someone else saw the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back