Breaking Bad finale Discussion: Heisenberg's last stand/Felina

Status
Not open for further replies.
He took Jesse because he was supposed to kill him. He lied. Getting in an argument over the technicalities of whether or not Jesse was a partner in light of that was silly. He never followed through with his end of the deal anyway. Every character knows that. Not to mention he had him come there under false pretenses and was going to kill him. Not exactly time for a "nananan I'm right you're wrong!" kinda moment. But it was convenient for Walt to go all John McClain.

He wanted to kill Jesse many times. Having his integrity questioned in front of his men like that was a play on his pride, something Walt knew well at this point. It wasn't a stretch by any means. It was a coin flip that he would buy it maybe, but he did and it's not out of character.

Damn, I wanted to see Lydia lapse into a seizure and choke on her own vomit more than anything. Great episode though.

The DVD doesn't exist anymore. All they have is Marie's word and she's not going to rat on Jesse for everything he said. Walt took all the blame, they knew it was him and he died in the lab. They don't have to put anyone in prison at this point. They wanted White, there was no manhunt for Jesse.

When did they say it was destroyed?

They were about to prosecute Skylar, if they could have since they couldn't find Walt. You bet your ass they would prosecute his meth cooking sidekick.

Giving us updates on what's happened to Huel, Brock, Saul... how Flynn's life changed since everyone knows about his dad. Explaining how Walt is sneaking around so stealthily like the shadow of death.

Many more useful ways to make those minutes more interesting.

Huel's outcome had no place in the finale, Brock's had 3 minutes of screentime the entire show and a detailed ending wasn't important, Saul could have been interesting but investing any time in the comedic relief to show how he's doing would be a pace killer, and Walt Jr. doesn't need a whole epilogue to show how it worked out.

In other words, the writers are better at this than you are, they did better than you could.

One if my favorite shows of all time and glad it ended the way it did. When he saw his kids for the last time and he knew it was the last time, that was such an emotional punch in the gut to the dad in me. Walt made things right after all the wrong.

I liked the finale; it wasn't perfect but it it got the job done. For the most part, it answered all the questions and tied all the loose ends.

One major complaint that I will make though is the final shootout scene. As bloody badass as it was, it still begs a few questions. Why the hell didn't those nazis check the trunk? Yes Walt was in a rather shitty state and was seemingly harmless at that point but it never crossed their minds to check the obvious place for security reasons? And how coincidental was it that the Nazi thug guarding the outside conveniently stood right in front of the trunk where the gun would be fired?

Okay rant over, the finale was good!

Gretchen and Elliott look more like brother and sister than husband and wife

They were about to prosecute Skylar, if they could have since they couldn't find Walt. You bet your ass they would prosecute his meth cooking sidekick.

They don't have proof he's the sidekick, only that he was helping Hank and Gomez with taking Walt down when he was kidnapped by their murderers and kept as a prisoner.

And they wouldn't have kept incriminating evidence just laying around the house. That's fucking stupid.

Walt should have had a taste of the blue...

The dvd the aryans had? They probably destroyed it since Jesse told about Todd shooting Drew Sharp.

Good episode for a great show. Overall it was a good finale imo, especially considering shows often drop the ball on that end. Wrapped most everything up except Jessie is just kind of in the wind atm. I thought he was gonna know where the money was and take care of Brock or something.

All in all, a phenomenal show and an ending that may have been more predictable than most of the other storylines but still didn't disappoint me.

He wanted to kill Jesse many times. Having his integrity questioned in front of his men like that was a play on his pride, something Walt knew well at this point. It wasn't a stretch by any means. It was a coin flip that he would buy it maybe, but he did and it's not out of character.

It's cliche. The whole "Villain has Hero dead to rights, but because *insert reason here* the bad guy foolishly gives the hero more time". It's even more cliche that the reason Jack stalled, was because his scumbag pride was being questioned.

Oh and Jesse killing Todd was definitely eye-candy for the fans. It was Vince Gilligan's treat to all the fans that made the show such a hit for the past few years. It was his personal thank you and reward for the audience.

Jack wanted to kill Jesse for a long time. He was going to kill him to honor their contract, and he was going to kill him for the confession tape. Walt was not perceived as a threat so it wasn't as if Jack made a consciously stupid decision.

I felt like a part of floated away when i saw the credits and heard that song one final time

Is there a cure for ricin? After he told her wouldn't she run right to a hospital?

Anybody know if the last dvd will have alternate endings?

No.

First, TV series are far more low budget than Hollywood movies, they shoot only what's nessessary.

Second, Hollywood only films multiple endings so they can screentest people's reactions to determine which one is best, and they release the rest on the DVD.

Vince Gilligan wrote and directed the ending he wanted.

Meh. Either way still a sad ending for Jesse and Walt. Jesse lost everything dear to him. Jesse lost two girlfriends while Brock doesn't doesn't have a mother or a father figure in Jesse. Little Brock gonna live with old grandma. On top of all the shit he has to live with that I dont feel like writing. Too lazy. heh. The most dangerous assassins skiny Pete and Badger have more money than Jesse. The guy is flat out broke.

Walt's family, especially his son hates his guts etc. Breaking sad. AKA crime never pays. Sick of TV shows always going through with that message. Still really enjoyed season 1-4 of Breaking Bad while season 5 is Breaking Sad crime never pays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back