Breaking Bad finale Discussion: Heisenberg's last stand/Felina

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only nitpicking I'm gonna do is the Nazis should have suspected a bomb or something in the trunk

It can be forgiven though

Anyone know where I can find the soundtrack for the finale, or the season for that matter.

To me, the series finale was two weeks ago, these two last eps were the epilogue.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even Gilligan said the last two episodes were not gonna be as exciting as "Ozymandias" right?

That box was all the potential Jesse had, it showed he cared about what he did, whether it be meth, loved ones or, that box, he gave his heart and soul in to it.

Partially agree but I dont know if I would go that far. I think it showed his potential when he cared about what he did, which he didnt always do. He initially built a crappy box as quickly as he could so he could be done with it. His teacher asked him if that was the best he could do, which got him to keep re doing it until he got it right.

Quick question for everyone.... Was anyone else getting pissed off how they were wasting precious minutes at the beginning of the episode on bullshit?

Walt getting into the snow covered car, the telephone conversation, Jessie's box fantasy.... I bet that all was a total of 8 minutes of a 52 minute finale wasted.

I agree on the car scene, but the box scene was great.

I don't think that Jesse's future will/would be very bright. Just my take, though. He was showing signs of being permanently fucked before being tortured and seeing Andrea get killed (and I'm sure he'd interpret Andrea's death as at least partially his fault).
Maybe. We can't know for sure. He definitely appreciates his life still, he was beyond happy to escape. If he didn't care, he could have killed himself after the shootout. He wants to live.
I don't quite agree with that. He didn't take much of an interest in his loved ones- they were always secondary to his criminal life, and he never tried to leave with Andrea and Brock, he just tossed them some money and ignored them. And the meth, at times he put himself into it but he mostly coasted and didn't care.

Those he did love, he was extremely loyal to and cared deeply for. Leaving Andrea and Brock was not a choice he wanted to make, it was for their protection. We know he continued to check in on them as well. He definitely didn't ignore them and we didn't see everything he did. When he cared, he did everything to the maximum, breaking through those gates was more than just being free of the events and the drug game.

It's too bad this show wasn't on HBO because it would be taken onto a whole different level of greatness with the more brutal mature themes, languange, nudity, violence, etc. The commercials are buzzkills.

I don't think that Jesse's future will/would be very bright. Just my take, though. He was showing signs of being permanently fucked before being tortured and seeing Andrea get killed (and I'm sure he'd interpret Andrea's death as at least partially his fault).

The cops will find Jesse's prints all over the lab along with the handcuffs used to kill that SOB Todd. Prints everywhere. No normal life for Jesse with all the shit he went through probably messing up his mind in the process and being a wanted man after the cops find his prints. He's screwed.

Partially agree but I dont know if I would go that far. I think it showed his potential when he cared about what he did, which he didnt always do. He initially built a crappy box as quickly as he could so he could be done with it. His teacher asked him if that was the best he could do, which got him to keep re doing it until he got it right.

He's not perfect. When he focuses and cares about something, it's great. When we saw him at the beginning, did any of us ever truly feel he was capable of greatness? Did his family ever show that they thought we was capable of it? Walt pushed him to become better, and it really climaxed with his freedom.

I agree on the car scene, but the box scene was great.

+ finding the keys...how convenient. + Out of all the Nazis the two dopes who needed to live so they could be killed extra cool lived, how convenient. + magician Walt.

Gretchen + Elliot with Skinny P and Badger was good. Rest, meh.

Maybe. We can't know for sure. He definitely appreciates his life still, he was beyond happy to escape. If he didn't care, he could have killed himself after the shootout. He wants to live.

From what I recall, he was laughing rather maniacally. I'll have to rewatch the scene, but near the end of it, it really seemed as if he wasn't all there. It was left ambiguous, though. I didn't mind that choice (especially given the fact that Jesse's character was so divisive).

The cops will find Jesse's prints all over the lab along with the handcuffs used to kill that SOB Todd. Prints everywhere. No normal life for Jesse with all the shit he went through probably messing up his mind in the process and being a wanted man after the cops find his prints. He's screwed.

He's stronger than you think

He could have just offed himself after witnessing andrea die however he wants to live that much is evident

Has anyone touched on how bad the Need for Speed trailer was? LOL I know it's way off topic but not so much when you think of it as what it really is and that is as the Jesse Pinkman spinoff movie:)

Yea it looks really really shitty

It's too bad this show wasn't on HBO because it would be taken onto a whole different level of greatness with the more brutal mature themes, languange, nudity, violence, etc. The commercials are buzzkills.

That ight be part of the reason I liked season 5 the least. Only one I watched with commercials. Think even without them it would be my least favorite though.

From what I recall, he was laughing rather maniacally. I'll have to rewatch the scene, but near the end of it, it really seemed as if he wasn't all there. It was left ambiguous, though. I didn't mind that choice (especially given the fact that Jesse's character was so divisive).

I think the director/creator of the show want us to know that Jesse wants to live

I remember someone in this thread predicting (a joke prediction as I recall) that Badger's involvement in Walt's so called revenge was foreshadowed by the Wisconsin Badgers being on TV before the channel got changed to Charlie Rose interviewing Elliott and Gretchen.

+ finding the keys...how convenient. + Out of all the Nazis the two dopes who needed to live so they could be killed extra cool lived, how convenient. + magician Walt.

Gretchen + Elliot with Skinny P and Badger was good. Rest, meh.

It's theater, not real. What is with this garbage artless aesthetic I've been seeing the last few years?

He was used as a slave with his life and the life of loved ones on the line with the scars to prove it, Marie can confirm he was working with Hank and Gomez to take Walt down, and there's no hard evidence to link him to any of the previous crimes. With Walt out of the picture, they don't have a reason to go after Jesse.

I highly doub they were saying he was crazy. He probably would have killed Walt if that were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back