Breaking Bad finale Discussion: Heisenberg's last stand/Felina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling the writers didn't think of it.

Well you can find right on Wikipedia that there is not a cure. If you want to get picky, do four seconds of reading instead of blustering and attack it from the ingestion angle, which in reality the amount of ricin she drank may not be enough to kill her. But like the meth, liberties were taken. It was introduced as a highly lethal poison for ingestion. And the Breaking Bad ricin kills without a cure.

More confusing realism with art. You guys are bummers.

LOL at people thinking Lydia will survive. First of all, her fate was biochemically irreversible and sealed at that point. Secondly, what's she going to do? Tell the cops that Heisenberg personally poisoned her which would indicate a connection between those two?

I foresee 5 more fast paced threads post finale.

Ok, not many people will have noticed this because y'all don't know.. but the keys had symbolic significance. They had a white key-tag, which is what you pick up on your first day clean in NA. Symbolizes a renewal, a rebirth, a change. The end of your addiction and the beginning of the rest of your life. That was one of the best scenes in the whole series, so quit bitching just because you didn't understand it. More of Vince Gilligan's brilliant writing. That scene followed by the close up on the license plate 'Live Free or Die' really sent the point home.

Easter eggs are not brilliant writing, they have six writers planting this stuff. It isn't rocket science and it isn't all that creative. I know people love the parallels between characters and the color schemes, but I always felt those things were an annoying distraction from what I considered important (realistic character motivations, for example).

This show was incredibly entertaining and had moments of brilliance, to be sure, but it also had more than it's share of face palm moments. The series finale was filled with them.

I liked the finale and I'm not going to nit-pick it, the parts that were not great are pretty obvious. The parts that were great were really great.

My personal favorite moment in the finale was Walter entering Elliot and Gretchen's home. I'm not sure I can explain why, it just felt awesome, everything about the way it was filmed.

Even if Lydia can be cured, I'm sure Walt took it to mind. He probably enjoyed the thought of watching her squirm, regardless of her fate.

If Walt didn't want her dead, he wouldn't have poisoned her in the first place.

As for why he answered the phone and said he poisoned her with ricin, it reminds me of The Watchmen.

"Im not a comic book villain, if there was the slightest possibility of your interference, do you think I would have explained my plan to you? I did it eight minutes ago."

Blew through another Volume of 1000 posts about BB within 7 hours... impressive.

That ending scene with Walt laying there and baby blue playing in the back will be in my head for quite a while...

Was sad seeing the character I've been following since the beginning of the series laying there dead.

Maybe this is one thread that won't be locked

Wishful thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back