Breaking Bad finale Discussion: Heisenberg's last stand/Felina

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cops will find Jesse's prints all over the lab along with the handcuffs used to kill that SOB Todd. Prints everywhere. No normal life for Jesse with all the shit he went through probably messing up his mind in the process and being a wanted man after the cops find his prints. He's screwed.

This is essentially how I see it. However, one might expect that the Nazis had some type of surveillance equipment. It could be figured out that he was forced to cook against his will. Still, I wouldn't expect any happy endings for Jesse.

It's theater, not real. What is with this garbage artless aesthetic I've been seeing the last few years?

Lmao seriously. If he had that much of a problem with this stuff, how the hell did he take Gus' death?

Badger + Skinny Pete= best hitmen west of the Mississippi= Win

Seriously. Who the fuck does that nowadays?

It's like people who keep a spare house key under their doormat.

The worst of all was how he got the evil head Nazi to avoid killing him because he called him *ooohhhh* a liar! The guy stole 70 million dollars of his but gets butthurt from that, has to defend his integrity.

He would have just plugged him.

This is essentially how I see it. However, one might expect that the Nazis had some type of surveillance equipment. It could be figured out that he was forced to cook against his will. Still, I wouldn't expect any happy endings for Jesse.

That definitely had surveillance equipment. We saw it. Not to mention the hole they kept Jesse in has to have some evidence that he was there against his will. The meth lab would still have Jesse's leash. He's emaciated and scarred. There's no way he would be put in prison for that. Marie would have his back too.

Quick question for everyone.... Was anyone else getting pissed off how they were wasting precious minutes at the beginning of the episode on bullshit?

Walt getting into the snow covered car, the telephone conversation, Jessie's box fantasy.... I bet that all was a total of 8 minutes of a 52 minute finale wasted.

I agree with you when it comes to the opening. The pay phone conversation and Jesse's box were fine with me, though.

The worst of all was how he got the evil head Nazi to avoid killing him because he called him *ooohhhh* a liar! The guy stole 70 million dollars of his but gets butthurt from that, has to defend his integrity.

He would have just plugged him.

He capitalized on Jack's pride and the whole sense of honor among thieves kind of thing. He knew what he was doing.

Not to mention the DVD of Jessie 'confessing' everything he and Walt ever did. He never had immunity, so he could still be prosecuted for everything. And since Walt's dead, they would need want someone to put in prison.

Not to mention the DVD of Jessie 'confessing' everything he and Walt ever did. He never had immunity, so he could still be prosecuted for everything. And since Walt's dead, they would need want someone to put in prison.

The DVD doesn't exist anymore. All they have is Marie's word and she's not going to rat on Jesse for everything he said. Walt took all the blame, they knew it was him and he died in the lab. They don't have to put anyone in prison at this point. They wanted White, there was no manhunt for Jesse.

I highly doub they were saying he was crazy. He probably would have killed Walt if that were the case.

"Crazy" is a rather open ended term. Jesse is a former addict who has never shown a great deal of emotional stability and he has just undergone an extended captivity where it is suggested that he was tortured. Then he saw a woman that he loved get killed (and he'd likely see that as being his fault). Jesse could very easily be considered to be "crazy" at this point.

Ok, not many people will have noticed this because y'all don't know.. but the keys had symbolic significance. They had a white key-tag, which is what you pick up on your first day clean in NA. Symbolizes a renewal, a rebirth, a change. The end of your addiction and the beginning of the rest of your life. That was one of the best scenes in the whole series, so quit bitching just because you didn't understand it. More of Vince Gilligan's brilliant writing. That scene followed by the close up on the license plate 'Live Free or Die' really sent the point home.

That definitely had surveillance equipment. We saw it. Not to mention the hole they kept Jesse in has to have some evidence that he was there against his will. The meth lab would still have Jesse's leash. He's emaciated and scarred. There's no way he would be put in prison for that. Marie would have his back too.

Plus the aryan's have the video tape of Jesse's confession to Hank that pretty much verifies everything.... and Marie would confirm that her house was broken into and ransacked just so the aryan's could obtain that confession tape.

He capitalized on Jack's pride and the whole sense of honor among thieves kind of thing. He knew what he was doing.

He took Jesse because he was supposed to kill him. He lied. Getting in an argument over the technicalities of whether or not Jesse was a partner in light of that was silly. He never followed through with his end of the deal anyway. Every character knows that. Not to mention he had him come there under false pretenses and was going to kill him. Not exactly time for a "nananan I'm right you're wrong!" kinda moment. But it was convenient for Walt to go all John McClain.

"Crazy" is a rather open ended term. Jesse is a former addict who has never shown a great deal of emotional stability and he has just undergone an extended captivity where it is suggested that he was tortured. Then he saw a woman that he loved get killed (and he'd likely see that as being his fault). Jesse could very easily be considered to be "crazy" at this point.
I guess. You can interpret it that way. I think there's enough evidence to give hope to him but that's just my opinion. There's no answer to it.
Ok, not many people will have noticed this because y'all don't know.. but the keys had symbolic significance. They had a white key-tag, which is what you pick up on your first day clean in NA. Symbolizes a renewal, a rebirth, a change. The end of your addiction and the beginning of the rest of your life. That was one of the most brilliant scenes in the whole series, so quit bitching just because you didn't understand it. More of Vince Gilligan's brilliant writing. That scene followed by the close up on the license plate 'Live Free or Die' really sent the point home.
Genius. Thanks for bringing this up. Like I said, everything in the episode was extremely thought out and symbolic.
Plus the aryan's have the video tape of Jesse's confession to Hank that pretty much verifies everything.... and Marie would confirm that her house was broken into and ransacked just so the aryan's could obtain that confession tape.

They had to have destroyed the tape. It's been awhile and there's no reason to keep it around.

Ok, not many people will have noticed this because y'all don't know.. but the keys had symbolic significance. They had a white key-tag, which is what you pick up on your first day clean in NA. Symbolizes a renewal, a rebirth, a change. The end of your addiction and the beginning of the rest of your life. That was one of the best scenes in the whole series, so quit bitching just because you didn't understand it. More of Vince Gilligan's brilliant writing. That scene followed by the close up on the license plate 'Live Free or Die' really sent the point home.

Good insight thanks for sharing

I totally disagree. They weren't wasted shots. This episode had more thought put in to it than some shows have in the entirety of many seasons. What else could they have put in there that would have been any better?

Giving us updates on what's happened to Huel, Brock, Saul... how Flynn's life changed since everyone knows about his dad. Explaining how Walt is sneaking around so stealthily like the shadow of death.

Many more useful ways to make those minutes more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back