Breaking Bad finale Discussion: Heisenberg's last stand/Felina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably that you need everything to be spoon fed

Nope, I like the scenes of the finales of my favorite shows to actually have purposes. Not to watch them and think... 'the fuck was the point of that? I could have been watching the Atlanta game than Walt in a snow covered car.'

Atleast creepy Todd was killed while Jesse has his freedom. Walt went out like a boss using his smarts again and he did leave money to his family. Great show. Three way tie for my favorites with Breaking Bad, Spartacus and Rome HBO.

It's good that Marie gets closure when they find hank's body

Just a couple short months ago we were all wondering what will happen when Hank gets off the toilet.

That was the only thing I second guess and Todd was always a bit slow and naive. He probably was looking for a shooter or something. He was stupid and payed for it.

I liked that, actually. It stayed true to Todd's enigma of a personality. All his friends and family are lying dead in pools of blood all around him, but he's more fascinated with Walt's handywork.

So Todd.

This actually makes sense now that I think about it. Todd would do something dopey and inappropriate like that. He doesn't even cook the meth anymore, and it wasn't confirmed that he wound up with Lydia. That useless psycho's death was beyond satisfying.

Nope, I like the scenes of the finales of my favorite shows to actually have purposes. Not to watch them and think... 'the fuck was the point of that? I could have been watching the Atlanta game than Walt in a snow covered car.'

It's called setting and depth

Also I loved how Walt finally told Skylar the truth, that everything he did he did for HIMSELF. For once, he wasn't lying and his horrible truth ironically satisfied her.

And LOL at Walt going through Elliot and Gretchen's stuff. He was probably thinking "This was the life that I could have had. FML!"

That scene was very short. Going back to the characters you mentioned would not have done any of them justice and would have broken the pacing on top of being out of place.

It was the opening of the final episode, it was around 2-3 minutes long. Marie's phone conversation with Skylar was a quick and proper send off for her character, could have had one of those for a character that didn't appear.

And LOL at Walt going through Elliot and Gretchen's stuff. He was probably thinking "This was the life that I could have had. FML!"

Maybe more like "If I ended up as dull and materialistic as these two, I'd deserve cancer".

Laughing at todd dressed in his Sunday best

And Lydia laying the smack down in todd

I have a feeling the writers didn't think of it.

I think the writer (Vince Gilligan) has a history of not having to spell everything out to the viewer. He credits us enough intelligence to figure things out.

Lydia's good as dead.

Even if Lydia can be cured, I'm sure Walt took it to mind. He probably enjoyed the thought of watching her squirm, regardless of her fate.

Skyler shouldn't smoke in the house with a baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back