**Brazillian Commision to Review Rousimar Palhares Stoppage**

He should have 100% of his purse fined because what he did is complete bullshit.

I thought he held a bit too long but that doesn't warrant a rematch. This isn't Palhares' first time pulling this shit either, though, so hopefully the review results in something productive. It's funny to watch a fighter like Palhares hold a submission too long, potentially hurting his opponent needlessly and then act humble and pious.

Am I the only one that sees ref at fault? He jumps on the guy getting leg locked and 'touched him' what the hell?

Then he shifts to leg lock and puts MORE pressure on it and gently reaches over to Palhares... ??

Definitely requires supplementary discipline. Holds it at least 3 seconds after the referee has intervened and stopped the fight, and even worse, begins cranking more after the ref intervenes.

Mir wasn't punished for snapping Sylvia's elbow or shattering Nogueira's arm

If any of you know anything about being caught in a hold, you'd know its normal to tap and scream like a frantic.

Usually this should be no problem. However, I think Palhares history of pulling this kind of thing repeatedly in the past warrants some kind of warning.

it's not even close to as bad as people are making it out to be

I can't believe this is still an issue. When Pierce was yelling, "Tap!" I was losing my shit.

Definitely requires supplementary discipline. Holds it at least 3 seconds after the referee has intervened and stopped the fight, and even worse, begins cranking more after the ref intervenes.

3 seconds? More like 1.5

2.gif

If any of you know anything about being caught in a hold, you'd know its normal to tap and scream like a frantic.

Are you fucking retarded?

Because neither Sylvia nor Nog tapped. Pierce did.

....Huh?

Sylvia didn't tap or scream. Nog didn't tap until his arm was clearly broken and Mir let go immediately when the ref jumped in.

Pierce was clearly tapping, the ref jumped in and Paul Harris still kept cranking it.

What exactly was the point of your post? To try and sound like a mat badass?

Palhares is notorious for cranking heel hooks. He practically ripped david Avellan's leg off in Abu Dhabi. The guy needs to be disciplined. A heel hook is not like other submissions. if you crank an armbar, a person may break their arm. They'll be out for a short time, but will eventually heal. An over exerted heel hook is almost guaranteed surgery and threatens to end the career of the recipient. It's not cool at all what Palhares does it intentionally.

Why would they make a rematch? There's no dispute at all about the winner, it's the fighters integrity & professionalism that's in question, not who the winner is.

Sorry, I forgot the /s in the end...

I was just being silly about that sillier demand from Pierce's team.

Are you fucking retarded?

Are you inept?

Because neither Sylvia nor Nog tapped. Pierce did.

Word, but there was more damage done that Palhares's doing tonight. My point.

....Huh?

Sylvia didn't tap or scream. Nog didn't tap until his arm was clearly broken and Mir let go immediately when the ref jumped in.

Pierce was clearly tapping, the ref jumped in and Paul Harris still kept cranking it.

What exactly was the point of your post? To try and sound like a mat badass?

For crying out loud Barry Allen, not everyone is lightning fast as you. Do you know how long ~1.5-1.9 second lasts in reality?

Hell, if holding on to a sub for even one second was criminal, then Palhares is not alone.

Iron tusk what's he meant to do let go of the limb because Sylvia and nog have big egos? If they tapped and he snapped after yes......

Wow seriously lmao

So you're going to cry for a second's length versus actual injuries? Hell, its a bad comparison but do you see the logic of bitching for a 1.3 second's length?

Back