**Brazillian Commision to Review Rousimar Palhares Stoppage**

Palhares is just stupid. You can't cut guys for being stupid.

Watch the reverse-angle gif. He is not paying attention and is focused in on the hold. The second he sees the ref he immediately releases.

I think they could manage up a rematch.

The good side: You can place the fight quickly between any two other fights... Fight ended one the middle of third round, and we have to make time until next one? Just place Palhares/Pierce there!

But seriously, Palhares should get fined for that.

I don't see a need for a rematch , but he should be fined IMO

Can someone post a gif?

I don't recall him holding the leg after the ref stopped it.

I was thinking the ref took forever to stop the damn match after the tap. Had to be at least 2 seconds.

I think they could manage up a rematch.

Why would they make a rematch? There's no dispute at all about the winner, it's the fighters integrity & professionalism that's in question, not who the winner is.

814119262.gif

So a guy who holds onto submissions after the fight is over is not remotely dangerous in your opinion??.....

I hope your post was sarcasm

Guys who fight for money are dangerous.

it was fine imo. Just yell at him and move on. I know Pierce is upset but it's not over when he taps.

pretty much, was rooting for pierce but nice to see palhares get his trademark sub

Good. That was bullshit. He clearly held on too long, and the guy has a history of it.

Can someone post a gif?

I don't recall him holding the leg after the ref stopped it.

I was thinking the ref took forever to stop the damn match after the tap. Had to be at least 2 seconds.

Yeah he let go as soon as the ref touched him.

Goddamn, i missed this fight. What happened guys? Did palhares hold onto his heel hook too long?

Guys who fight for money are dangerous.

Yes, under regulated sanctioned fights.

Now when the referee stops the fight, that means you stop.... when you don't stop you are now holding onto a submission that's not even an MMA fight anymore. It's now just a guy breaking another dudes limb because he doesnt know when to stop.

Get me?

I think it's just IQ. He was in the mode and it appears he let's go the very second he notices the ref. He's a savage no doubt, but I don't see the intent at all to hold it longer intentionally.

Yes, under regulated sanctioned fights.

Now when the referee stops the fight, that means you stop.... when you don't stop you are now holding onto a submission that's not even an MMA fight anymore. It's now just a guy breaking another dudes limb because he doesnt know when to stop.

Get me?

I do get you. I just find it ironic people worry about safety in a sport where the main goal is to hurt your opponent as much as possible within 15 minutes.

Back