**Brazillian Commision to Review Rousimar Palhares Stoppage**

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
The submission from Rousimar Palhares that brought a series of hard taps and a scream from UFC welterweight Mike Pierce is under review.

Pierce's trainer, Phil Claud, who is in Brazil with the fighter for tonight's UFC Fight Night 29 event, told MMAjunkie.com via text that the Brazilian MMA commission, Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA), is going to look at whether Palhares held on to the submission hold too long. (Watch the Palhares vs. Pierce finish.)

"It's 100 percent lack of professionalism on [Palhares'] part," Claud wrote.

Referee Keith Peterson moved to separate Palhares (15-5 MMA, 8-4 UFC) after Pierce (17-6 MMA, 9-4 UFC) began tapping to an inverted heel-hook, which Palhares had cinched even before the two hit the mat. Palhares, however, held on to the hold for several seconds after Pierce's tap in the FOX Sports 1-televised bout.

The official time of the stoppage came at the 31-second mark of the first round.

Three years ago, the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board suspended Palhares for 90 days when it was determined he held a heel hook too long against Tomasz Drwal.

Although heel hooks can cause severe damage to the knee, Claud said Pierce's ankle is the joint that was primarily affected by the hold.

"I think he's OK, but we're going to get an MRI," Claud wrote.

And as for a potential rematch?

"We want to fight that motherf---er again!!" he wrote.p

Source: http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...mmission-to-review-rousimar-palhares-stoppage

Palhares should get some punishment, but Pierce wanting a rematch is really dumb...
Don't complain about the career ending injury afterwards.

Palhares should get some punishment, but Pierce wanting a rematch is really dumb...

I agree Palhares should be fined, but a rematch is definitely not necessary.

Prepare to get your thread moved. Mods already moved mine for no reason

Brazil commission punish a brazilian?

Fat chance.

Puzzies. Its MMA FFS.

lol Pierce GTFO with that rematch bs.

Pretty much what you guys said. Review is good, rematch is no good. Palhares WON the fight fair and square, it was just his actions while winning the fight which is the problem.

He let go after the ref got on him... certainly no rematch warranted in such a decisive win

He hold it too long but why are they even talking about a rematch? Pierce knew what Palhares was going to do but there wasnt shit he could do to stop it. Total domination and sub in 30 secs.

hopefully he gets fined and suspended.

I don't agree with a suspension. Fine, yes. That should get the point across, and he'd likely not do it again. If he does, sure. Then slap 9 months on him.

If Pierce's ankle is fucked up I say ban Palhares from competition.

Guy is a danger to others.

As long as it comes before the ref tells him to get the fuck off his leg, it's fair game.

I don't agree with a suspension. Fine, yes. That should get the point across, and he'd likely not do it again. If he does, sure. Then slap 9 months on him.

Get the point across? The guy's been suspended before and he still does it. Fining him will not get anything across to this guy. Just release him.

Back