**Brazillian Commision to Review Rousimar Palhares Stoppage**

So.are fighters supposed to let go when their opponent taps or when the ref jumps in?

when the tap is as obvious as this one most fighters let go immediately when they see the ref move in.

At any rate, when the ref is lying on top of you it's safe to say you shouldn't keep cranking.

I don't really care what his real punishment will look like. I am rather hoping for karmic justice inside the cage

He let go after the ref got on him...
mii1hs.gif

He should be fired and prosecuted.

when the tap is as obvious as this one most fighters let go immediately when they see the ref move in.

At any rate, when the ref is lying on top of you it's safe to say you shouldn't keep cranking.

I don't really care what his real punishment will look like. I am rather hoping for karmic justice inside the cage

I don't know if we know that he kept cranking. They were pretty wrapped up so even when you let off the pressure it might take a second to actually release and seperate.

Remember this is the same guy who stopped pounding out Dan Miller, ran, and jumped on the cage celebrating before the ref even stopped it. He might just lack awareness.

I don't know if we know that he kept cranking. They were pretty wrapped up so even when you let off the pressure it might take a second to actually release and seperate.

Remember this is the same guy who stopped pounding out Dan Miller, ran, and jumped on the cage celebrating before the ref even stopped it. He might just lack awareness.

This may actually be the closest thing to the truth. Yeah, he may have held onto it for way too long, but it may not have been on purpose.

It wasn't that bad, but it's still not acceptable, and he has a history of doing this. Fine him lightly, have a stern talk to him, and most importantly, have a stern talk with his managers and coach.

I'm willing to bet he lets go of his next sub too early. He seems to be bad at not overdoing stuff.
If Pierce's ankle is fucked up I say ban Palhares from competition.

Guy is a danger to others.
Why would his ankle be hurt? It was a heel hook.

Cut him, he's done it before and clearly has no self restraint.

Its dangerous to let a guy like that think what he is doing isn't wrong, I know he's a little slow mentally so maybe a picture book with some pop ups or a puppet show would get the point across.

It wasn't that bad, but it's still not acceptable, and he has a history of doing this. Fine him lightly, have a stern talk to him, and most importantly, have a stern talk with his managers and coach.

I'm willing to bet he lets go of his next sub too early. He seems to be bad at not overdoing stuff.

Why would his ankle be hurt? It was a heel hook.

Yeah I was expecting his knee to be the problem but Pierce's coach (or just one of the trainers, I dont recall) said that Pierce's ankle was going to get an MRI to see if it was damaged from the hold. Maybe he meant the knee but said ankle but I'm just saying what Pierce's coach (or trainer) said.

Several seconds? Isn't several generally more than 3? Palhares barely held it for 1 second after the referee came in.

The rematch would be pretty cool, but only if Pierce can earn it again. For now, I'd like to see Paul Harris move on to bigger and better things. If somehow Pierce can put together a few wins, then maybe.

It's within the rules to disobey the referee?

If the ref dives on you and you release a second later from a complicated hold how is that disobeying?

Like I said, weve seen much worse. MMA judging/reffing is the most inconsistent BS Ive ever seen.

it's not even close to as bad as people are making it out to be

This. The Drwal heel hook was horrible for sure. This wasn't close to as bad as that one. I think he should've gotten one final warning

Yes... for like 1 full second. Not a big deal IMO, there was definitely no risk of permanent damage, and we see people releasing subs late all the time... I don't doubt Palhares wanted to "teach Pierce a lesson" after what he said pre-fight, but I do think people are overracting.

intent is the biggest deal, cranking after the ref separates is a huge no no. Palhares is a talent, however, he needs to know when the fight is over, and yes an extra crank with a heel hook can rip a knee to shreds. there was definitely danger for serious injury there. Why don't you read up on heel hooks if you don't think it's no big deal.

intent is the biggest deal, cranking after the ref separates is a huge no no. Palhares is a talent, however, he needs to know when the fight is over, and yes an extra crank with a heel hook can rip a knee to shreds. there was definitely danger for serious injury there. Why don't you read up on heel hooks if you don't think it's no big deal.

There's no way in heaven or hell you could know his intent, stop pretending you do.

Not sure why some people are saying there should be a rematch. The winner wasn't really in dispute. Pierce was destroyed.

Back