Brandon Moreno's Entrance was one of the most legit badass, over 9000 entrances of all time!!!!!!!!!

<Lmaoo>

Come on dawg don't be this guy, wildly narrow minded opinion..
HQAm.gif

Wildly narrow minded? Bet nearly everyone would agree with me. Show me some "badass" traditional Mexican music. Not rock, not rap or hip hop... just Mexican.

He knew he could beat fig after the fisrt fight, just needed more time and it showed.

I thought it was weird he had a 16oz bottle of water he struggled to open and hand to double grip it to take a drink which was the size of a 1/4 of his body

it was really trippy.

He knew he could beat fig after the fisrt fight, just needed more time and it showed.

it’s hard as hell for a guy that size to make 125 as a 33 year old.

In pee wee football there are little and big man squads. That Figueroa would play with the 3rd and 4th graders.

My 9 year old son is over 100 lbs. and just completed grade 3.

Wildly narrow minded? Bet nearly everyone would agree with me. Show me some "badass" traditional Mexican music. Not rock, not rap or hip hop... just Mexican.

You would be right that most people would probably agree, but most people are idiots, it's a cliche that lots of Rock and Rap have "badass" connotations, there's absolutely shit loads of Rock and Rap that many wouldn't say is "badass" too.

lol a fucking single Harmonica alone can be badass see ....

Limp Biscuit - Rolling was badass to kids who liked the Undertaker in the early 2000's, and yet embarrassing and cringe for many adults, s'all subject and far more nuanced than grouping an entire countries musical history and comparing it to 2 VERY broad genres.

I thought Moreno's walkout was badass and the music impacted that, I also thought Darren Till's walkout to silence was badass.

A bit like suggesting this T-shirt is more badass ..
tapout-casings-shirt.jpg

Than this Poncho
pgUnupWTCJn9rOec5mulnevzgkMHDJvb9IazNp7q22k.jpg

Last edited:

It is hilarious when tiny people try to look tough. No offense, but no 125 pounder is badass. Almost nobody takes them seriously because they are the size of 12 year olds. That is why flyweights and bantamweights struggle to even reach 200K buys when they main event a PPV.

You would be right that most people would probably agree, but most people are idiots, it's a cliche that lots of Rock and Rap have "badass" connotations, there's absolutely shit loads of Rock and Rap that many wouldn't say is "badass" too.

Limp Biscuit - Rolling was badass to kids who liked the Undertaker in the early 2000's, and yet embarrassing and cringe for many adults, s'all subject and far more nuanced than grouping an entire countries musical history and comparing it to 2 VERY broad genres.

I thought Moreno's walkout was badass and the music impacted that, I also thought Darren Till's walkout to silence was badass.

tapout-casings-shirt.jpg

Than this Poncho

Oh I wasn't suggesting that all rock and rap are badass, rather that no traditional Mexican music is. Its hard to make maracas, trombones, trumpets and accordians badass. The high pitched joyful yelling doesn't help. You haven't shown me otherwise. As for tapout vs poncho, I can see the comparison but do not agree with it. One is typically worn by a tough country boy, one by a city wannabe.

Rap, rock and Mexican music all transcend those borders. Rock and rap are listened to in practically every city and small town across the world and the majority of people listening to traditional Mexican music live in cities nowadays.

That said, to each their own, but if we are quantifying what is "badass", on something so subjective the majority opinion is usually deferred to, and you know where like 90% of people will side on this one.

tapout-casings-shirt.jpg

Than this Poncho

Also don't take it as a slight on Mexicans, just a comment on the nature of the music. Irish people don't exactly have the most badass traditional music either but they sure are a live bunch.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that all rock and rap are badass, rather that no traditional Mexican music is. You haven't shown me otherwise. As for tapout vs poncho, I can see the comparison but do not agree with it. One is typically worn by a tough country boy, one by a city wannabe.

Rap, rock and Mexican music all transcend those borders. Rock and rap are listened to in practically every city and small town across the world and the majority of people listening to traditional Mexican music live in cities nowadays.

That said, to each their own, but if we are quantifying what is "badass", on something so subjective the majority opinion is usually deferred to, and you know where life 90%of people will side on this one.

I mean in this context i'm set up to fail with an example because it's hard to have an organic emotional response whilst also trying to debate it or prove something.. I don't think I could be told to listen to any music in a forum discussion setting and initially find it badass myself, i'd be too stubbornly distracted by the nature of 'you should listen to this and feel this' to give a fair response, so for that reason I won't offer you a Mexican musical example I think is badass right now..

isn't Justifying the "badassery" strictly based on the audience who listen to it in this moment in time, rather than actual broader idea of cultural and historical influence on the intimidation and toughness of said music a little bit fallacious though..
I don't see how said genre's being more popular across more area correlates with badassery, couldn't one argue that some niche African tribal drumming or some Inuit throat singing is more badass than the often far more produced and commercial Hard Rock genre? I would have thought the unfamiliarity of sounds would cause more intimidation(heavily associated word with badass) through the means of not understanding or knowing it, as we are so often afraid of the unknown.

I feel like this is also commonly a very Western perspective on music, I'm not an expert on this stuff by any means, but i'm pretty sure there is something to the idea that something like Asian note progressions or Latin etc have completely different responses in some places to others through centuries of ancestors ears being trained to respond a certain way to a certain progression of chords/notes.. It's how we can sometimes identify the nationality of said music alone just from hearing say 2 chords, or why many pop songs follow a very similar linear pattern of the same 3 chords.. Classical music influenced our(Western) emotional response to certain vibrations so much that everything we create still follow the emotional ups and downs to create drama, suspense and relief, foundations set by people like Mozart, yet those progressions that indicate those visceral responses in built in us don't necessarily transcend universally to every culture the same way.

My post is waffly and quite poorly structured, apologies if it's a shit read or a TLDR situation lol..

Also don't take it as a slight on Mexicans, just a comment on the nature of the music. Irish people don't exactly have the most badass traditional music either but they sure are a live bunch.
Didn't take it that way at all my dude, likewise just my response to that comment on the music, maybe i'm full of shit lol.. I have no qualms with you at all :)

I mean in this context i'm set up to fail with an example because it's hard to have an organic emotional response whilst also trying to debate it or prove something.. I don't think I could be told to listen to any music in a forum discussion setting and initially find it badass myself, i'd be too stubbornly distracted by the nature of 'you should listen to this and feel this' to give a fair response, so for that reason I won't offer you a Mexican musical example I think is badass right now..

isn't Justifying the "badassery" strictly based on the audience who listen to it in this moment in time, rather than actual broader idea of cultural and historical influence on the intimidation and toughness of said music a little bit fallacious though..
I don't see how said genre's being more popular across more area correlates with badassery, couldn't one argue that some niche African tribal drumming or some Inuit throat singing is more badass than the often far more produced and commercial Hard Rock genre? I would have thought the unfamiliarity of sounds would cause more intimidation(heavily associated word with badass) through the means of not understanding or knowing it, as we are so often afraid of the unknown.

I feel like this is also commonly a very Western perspective on music, I'm not an expert on this stuff by any means, but i'm pretty sure there is something to the idea that something like Asian note progressions or Latin etc have completely different responses in some places to others through centuries of ancestors ears being trained to respond a certain way to a certain progression of chords/notes.. It's how we can sometimes identify the nationality of said music alone just from hearing say 2 chords, or why many pop songs follow a very similar linear pattern of the same 3 chords.. Classical music influenced our(Western) emotional response to certain vibrations so much that everything we create still follow the emotional ups and downs to create drama, suspense and relief, foundations set by people like Mozart, yet those progressions that indicate those visceral responses in built in us don't necessarily transcend universally to every culture the same way.

My post is waffly and quite poorly structured, apologies if it's a shit read or a TLDR situation lol..

Trying to get to sleep and that is indeed a long read, but I will say that many cultural forms of music are badass. Inuit throat singing, Mongolian, and a lot of tribal type music is definitely badass/ intimidating. No argument there.

I hear some shit like that at the local Mexican restaurant all the time, and never once have I thought it sounded like a badass entrance anthem.

Honestly that was wonderful to see, even though he beat Figgy it was still a good fight.
One to remember.
I really hope he has a long title reign.

This is what the kind of feeling I imagine when I think about my imaginary entrance in the UFC.....Complete badass energy, not too much, not cocky, not cringy....just a "Im ready for war" kind of feeling....Rarely do we get such badass entrances with that feel.

When Brandon moreno walked out with that song, I knew he was gonna win....he was in legit over 9000 mode, and it showed, he completely dominated!

I wish the whole broadcast entrance was on youtube.

Credit to the UFC/Moreno for the camara cutting to him when the beat drops/gets badass.

BTW thats his theme...song is about his life, its pretty badass.

Thanks for sharing. I'd love to read a translation to the lyrics of the song.

I knew when Fig pushed him at the weigh in, he was in Figs head and could see him pulling it off.

Bunch of UFC casuals in here

This is the best walkout ever and no UFC one will ever beat it

Back