Brandon Moreno's Entrance was one of the most legit badass, over 9000 entrances of all time!!!!!!!!!

Moreno has been a badass since his return. He's undefeated against Askar Askarov (a draw, but he won that), Kai Kara France, Formiga, Royval and now Figgy twice.

Brilliant run.

I'd like to see him prove he can beat Pantoja though, the dude has two wins over him.

He came to tear shyt up, and he did. Figgy was not ready for how prepared Moreno was. Mentally and physically, he was overwhelmed.

This. The crowd was lame last night and there is no way Mexican music can be perceived as "badass" unless one speaks spanish and the lyrics make it so. The music itself is weak. Rap or hard rock, in any language, is more badass.

Hell, with the right "Ice Cold" persona (like Fedor/Vovchanchyn), even classical or something ridiculously peaceful is more badass than Mexican music. It has that killer "Im at peace while I bash your skull in" kind of vibe.

What you mean to say is that the crowd was lame because they weren't rooting for your favorite fighter...

Modern day rap music is made to appeal to young white girls, and NOBODY is intimidated by rock, lol gtfo of here.

All your examples are frankly ridiculous. You're comparing many styles and genres to a specific regional music. Sounds more like you have personal issues with Mexicans than anything. Get help, bro.

Modern day rap music is made to appeal to young white girls

Yeah, you're right, black people don't listen to rap anymore. They stopped doing it in Spanish too, since it's so unpopular among Latinos.

What you mean to say is that the crowd was lame because they weren't rooting for your favorite fighter...

Modern day rap music is made to appeal to young white girls, and NOBODY is intimidated by rock, lol gtfo of here.

All your examples are frankly ridiculous. You're comparing many styles and genres to a specific regional music. Sounds more like you have personal issues with Mexicans than anything. Get help, bro.

Nobody fighting Saturday was even remotely close to my favorite fighter. This has to do with them booing everything, which the commentators noted many times.

Whose intimidated by Mexican music more than rock music? I'll wait.

This has nothing to do with Mexicans, it has to do with music, but it appears I hurt someone's fragile ego. Then again since 1/4 of your posts are anti- white, I guess I see your motivation here.
4th grade level reading comprehension to go along with being a straight white man. Your life must suck, dood.

White women are the true evil of society. They get all the benefits of the so-called "straight white male privilege", yet somehow are basically considered an oppressed minority.

Last edited:
Do you guys think that Figgy was affected by the crowd absolutely hating him?

I don’t know, but it did pop in my mind when I heard the super loud boos and thinking of Weili Zhang’s comments on boos throwing her mentality off.

It is indeed TS.
About the song and some negative comments, it isn't about how badass it is, it's about the story it tells and the emotion it generates in the people watching it.
All in this walkout was perfect, the song, the timing of the camera cuts, the crowd reaction and the walk of Brandon, hyping himself up, being really emotional but at the same time focused, in control of the situation and in the moment, showing that his words "Estoy listo, estoy listo, soy el mejor" ("I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm the best" ) were true when he won. It was beautiful to watch, and I'm not even a Moreno fan or a mexican, although I will follow his carreer with great interest from now on.

I also loved the decision of Vettori to put "The ectasy of the gold" By Ennio Morricone, a great piece of italian cinema history, really dramatic and appropiate, but it was the only thing that stood out in that walkout, that is a perfect example of a good placed walkout song wasted, because the other elements of the Story were off: The crowd booed, facial expression of vettori was edgy and he was anxious in a bad way, he even tried to hug awkwardly the man who puts the vaseline ending in a headbut before entering the cage, which made me cringe hard.

This is my opinion anyway, for me is refreshing when somebody doesn't walkout with rap. I appreciate originality and a dramatic sense before "badassery"

It is indeed TS.
About the song and some negative comments, it isn't about how badass it is, it's about the story it tells and the emotion it generates in the people watching it.
All in this walkout was perfect, the song, the timing of the camera cuts, the crowd reaction and the walk of Brandon, hyping himself up, being really emotional but at the same time focused, in control of the situation and in the moment, showing that his words "Estoy listo, estoy listo, soy el mejor" ("I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm the best" ) were true when he won. It was beautiful to watch, and I'm not even a Moreno fan or a mexican, although I will follow his carreer with great interest from now on.

I also loved the decision of Vettori to put "The ectasy of the gold" By Ennio Morricone, a great piece of italian cinema history, really dramatic and appropiate, but it was the only thing that stood out in that walkout, that is a perfect example of a good placed walkout song wasted, because the other elements of the Story were off: The crowd booed, facial expression of vettori was edgy and he was anxious in a bad way, he even tried to hug awkwardly the man who puts the vaseline ending in a headbut before entering the cage, which made me cringe hard.

This is my opinion anyway, for me is refreshing when somebody doesn't walkout with rap. I appreciate originality and a dramatic sense before "badassery"

Good explanation. I think some of us got hung up on the suggestion that the music itself was badass. For those who don't speak Spanish, it's hard to feel that not knowing the lyrics.

Last edited:
It was good, and I love a cheering crowd, but my word did that crowd generally suck. Did not miss crowds in attendance at all.

Yeah, you're right, black people don't listen to rap anymore. They stopped doing it in Spanish too, since it's so unpopular among Latinos.

Nobody fighting Saturday was even remotely close to my favorite fighter. This has to do with them booing everything, which the commentators noted many times.

Whose intimidated by Mexican music more than rock music? I'll wait.

This has nothing to do with Mexicans, it has to do with music, but it appears I hurt someone's fragile ego. Then again since 1/4 of your posts are anti- white, I guess I see your motivation here.

This topic is specifically about Moreno's entrance, which the crowd was really into. No idea how anyone could even hate on it unless they just don't like the man himself.

You keep saying "Mexican music". You do know Mexico is an enormous country with many different cultural and musical influences? Just as country music is HUGELY popular in parts of the USA. Doesn't mean it's the only kind of music there is.

This topic is specifically about Moreno's entrance, which the crowd was really into. No idea how anyone could even hate on it unless they just don't like the man himself.

You keep saying "Mexican music". You do know Mexico is an enormous country with many different cultural and musical influences? Just as country music is HUGELY popular in parts of the USA. Doesn't mean it's the only kind of music there is.

Ive been to mexico a few times and I live in Vegas for 30 years, yes Ive heard a lot of different styles of Mexican music. To the trained ear I'm sure there are huge differences, but to most non- Spanish speakers, none of the music exudes "badass" without knowing lyrics. (Excluding of course Spanish rap and rock). Also, while excluding rap and rock, let's not compare the musical variance of Mexico with the USA (which has far more cultural/ racial influences). The USA is perhaps the most culturally (and likely musically) diverse country on the planet.

Nobody here hated on the entrance that I know of... or even on the music. Saying something is not badass is not necessarily hating on it.

Last edited:
I live in Vegas for 30 years, yes Ive heard a lot of different styles of Mexican music. To the trained ear I'm sure there are huge differences, but to most non- Spanish speakers, none of the music exudes "badass" without knowing lyrics.

Nobody here hated on the entrance that I know of... or even on the music. Saying something is not badass is not necessarily hating on it. That's just you being overly sensitive because you obviously hate white people as evidenced by your post history.

You live in the US, not Mexico. Just because you heard random Spanish music at your favorite Mexican restaurant doesn't make you an expert.

See now you're just changing your tone. You clearly came in here to shit on Moreno's parade, but now you're suddenly the nice guy? Lame.

You live in the US, not Mexico. Just because you heard random Spanish music at your favorite Mexican restaurant doesn't make you an expert.

See now you're just changing your tone. You clearly came in here to shit on Moreno's parade, but now you're suddenly the nice guy? Lame.

Experienced at making strawman arguments I see. Every single argument I made was about traditional Mexican music not sounding badass. Ive never said a bad word about Moreno.

I never claimed to be an expert on the music... how can I be while not speaking Spanish? but if you think working in construction for 20 years in Las Vegas (Been in for 30) which has a huge Mexican population, and half of my friends having been Latino, means my exposure is limited to restaurants, you are entirely mistaken. Admit it, this was always part of your hate whitey crusade you've taken in several of your last 10 posts. You've been debating with feelings instead of truths

Last edited:
Fuly expected a vid of him coming out to the DBZ theme song

It is hilarious when tiny people try to look tough. No offense, but no 125 pounder is badass. Almost nobody takes them seriously because they are the size of 12 year olds. That is why flyweights and bantamweights struggle to even reach 200K buys when they main event a PPV.
:rolleyes:

I knew he was gunna win 2 mins into the fight..

Figgy was watching too much..

Great win...this guy will be a hero in mexico forever now

It is hilarious when tiny people try to look tough. No offense, but no 125 pounder is badass. Almost nobody takes them seriously because they are the size of 12 year olds. That is why flyweights and bantamweights struggle to even reach 200K buys when they main event a PPV.

That 125lbs man...would beat the shit out of u and fuck you till your name went from.Johnny to joann ...and you couldnt do a thing about ...

Show some hespect for the new champ ....ya goof

Banda isn't baddass, lol at all people getting butthurt over Americans telling it like it is.

In order for Banda to be baddass you need the context 100% otherwise its something like some 40s Disney movie soundtrack.

Its like this song

Its a nationalist song being performed by war criminals? sure, but if you don't know the context or understand the lyrics could totally be the song that Snow White's dwarves are dancing to.

Which isn't surprising since Mexican Banda origins is German folk music and polka..

Banda isn't baddass, lol at all people getting butthurt over Americans telling it like it is.

In order for Banda to be baddass you need the context 100% otherwise its something like some 40s Disney movie soundtrack.

Its like this song

Its a nationalist song being performed by war criminals? sure, but if you don't know the context or understand the lyrics could totally be the song that Snow White's dwarves are dancing to.

Which isn't surprising since Mexican Banda origins is German folk music and polka..

Thank you. Some people are taking this as a personal or cultural attack.

Back