Media Bouncer who choked Danis "he was a little agitated".

joe schilling violent KO in a bar, mike perry violent KO outside a bar, roger huerta violently KO'd a D1 offensive lineman in a street fight, ryan hall and matt serra took down, mounted and easily detained two guys until the cops came. all of those on video. there are more on video and infinite stories.

also there are a million videos of amateur and no name MMA fighters destroying regular dudes with a size advantage in the street.

recently, an oklahoma sooners wide receiver almost lost his eye in a fight with a guy in a bar bathoom who he was way bigger than. the much smaller guy also went to OU but was a regular student and had no fights whatsoever, only trained MMA.

I managed to find the videos. Thanks for the background though, I had only ever seen Huerta.

To be clear, my point wasn’t about an MMA fighter beating an average Joe. My point is about the absolute conviction a lot of people here have about an MMA fighter beating an elite striker in a ‘street fight’ context simply because of their understanding of grappling - quite often however basic that may be.

The reality of grappling is that it’s the single best asset of someone in a sanctioned 1vs1 bout, but falls well short (to the extent it should be actively avoided) in street situations where multiple opponents may be involved. Noticeably, 3 of the 5 examples you provided ended the fight with strikes. They’re also the ones who put themselves in the least amount of danger.

A "nobody" that you know the name of, have an opinion of, is a world champion, and fights in a world class professional organizational and that "nobody" doesn't even know you exist.

Don't let your hate of the guy cloud your judgement of what he's accomplished at a relatively young age.

Care you post your accomplishments that I can Google to verify?

What? I am saying BJ penn is a famous somebody

Dillion dannis to most of earth is not famous and is not a champion he also isnt in the UFC

joe schilling violent KO in a bar, mike perry violent KO outside a bar, roger huerta violently KO'd a D1 offensive lineman in a street fight, ryan hall and matt serra took down, mounted and easily detained two guys until the cops came. all of those on video. there are more on video and infinite stories.

also there are a million videos of amateur and no name MMA fighters destroying regular dudes with a size advantage in the street.

recently, an oklahoma sooners wide receiver almost lost his eye in a fight with a guy in a bar bathoom who he was way bigger than. the much smaller guy also went to OU but was a regular student and had no fights whatsoever, only trained MMA.

Am I bad for wishing he did lose the eye?

He is a scumbag I know that type. So glad to see that whooping

Well, if you watch is video here, the guy in the Pelicans #1 Williamson jersey is the guy that allegedly got punched in the eye. He is still holding his eye and it looks like it'll be a nice shiner for a few days, for what that is worth.

Surprised guy who got punched didnt go back to kick him in the face while down. I feel I would of done that

Schilling, Huerta, and Perry all sucker punched people. They could be KOed by average Joe's in the same fashion.

Serra and Hall are better examples.

Sorry, but violent aggressive people win real fights... being a better fighter under a controlled setting is usually out the window in real confrontations.

This is more embarrassing for Khabib since he lost to Danis in a street fight.

Schilling, Huerta, and Perry all sucker punched people. They could be KOed by average Joe's in the same fashion.

Sorry, but violent aggressive people win real fights... being a better fighter under a controlled setting is usually out the window in real confrontations.

Prime Roy Nelson with Lee Murray's temperament would be GOAT street fighter.

He lost a fight in a grappling manner - to me that’s being ‘outgrappled’. Every bit as much as some of the examples do grapplers winning fights sighted in this very thread at least (see Matt Serra and Mike Perry street fights).

Grappling can end a confrontation - I haven’t suggested otherwise. What it often does though, even while ending a confrontation, is leave the practitioner is a vulnerable position. Hell, even the bouncer in the video posted was in a massively vulnerable position, despite being dominant.

Having the knowledge to apply it better than not having it, I agree despite the fact it’s often a suboptimal course of action.
He didn’t lose a fight….he got grabbed from behind and didn’t appear to resist.

What was the optimal course of action for the bouncer there even if he was in a “vulnerable position”? What about Serra or perry or hall?

You’re not all wrong but knowing how to fight is certainly a better asset than being aggressive.

He didn’t lose a fight….he got grabbed from behind and didn’t appear to resist.

What was the optimal course of action for the bouncer there even if he was in a “vulnerable position”? What about Serra or perry or hall?

He lost a fight every bit as much as Serra or Hall won a fight. Moreso given he got choked out, in fact.

Perry didn’t use any grappling as far as I’m aware.

The optimal course of action for the bouncer in this situation depends on what he wants to achieve. Regardless, his choice undoubtedly put him in a very vulnerable position.

That’s the trade off I guess - striking and wreck someone, minimising the risk to you but possibly having grave consequences, or grapple to restrain them, and accept you’re increasing the risk to yourself.

“I’m 6-foot, 275 pounds.."
Basically it could be anyone of us

Sherdog is so butthurt by anything to do with conor and his camp that they'd sincerely believe that this is worse than a multi time world champion getting ko'd by some nobody at a bar.

He lost a fight every bit as much as Serra or Hall won a fight. Moreso given he got choked out, in fact.

Perry didn’t use any grappling as far as I’m aware.

The optimal course of action for the bouncer in this situation depends on what he wants to achieve. Regardless, his choice undoubtedly put him in a very vulnerable position.

That’s the trade off I guess - striking and wreck someone, minimising the risk to you but possibly having grave consequences, or grapple to restrain them, and accept you’re increasing the risk to yourself.
This wasn’t 1 on 1 and danis didn’t appear to be trying to “win” on the ground. He didn’t get “choked out”.

Striking isn’t always the best option. Many times it’s not.

Dana needs good HWs. This bouncer is at least the c-level talent that HW MMA attracts these days.

Danis has only 2 fights....

Was never a champ

This is not as bad. Imagine being a champion and claiming to be the best p4p fighter ever or one of them and holding the WW and LW belts and then being KO by a fat untrained man in a street fight...
BJ stuffed a takedown and then had his hands down at his side and told the guy to hit him. That’s much different than the visual of a guy on the back controlling a nogi pans champion and brown belt world champion. He’s an accomplished grappler. Now, if there’s a video of this dude coming up from behind and just snatching his neck then it’s about the same. And I already said that’s what most likely happened. But we are discussing what was released at the time.

Little men need to be reminded sometimes that no matter how hard they train a big man will always be able to overpower them. Keep that little man syndrome in check.

Odd thing to say. Take the two with a 1 on 1 situation and i'm betting on the opposite way 100% of the time. Size matters... but not when untrained.

BJ stuffed a takedown and then had his hands down at his side and told the guy to hit him. That’s much different than the visual of a guy on the back controlling a nogi pans champion and brown belt world champion. He’s an accomplished grappler. Now, if there’s a video of this dude coming up from behind and just snatching his neck then it’s about the same. And I already said that’s what most likely happened. But we are discussing what was released at the time.

Dude

BJ was a 2 division multiple defending champ in the Highest MMA organization ever

I dont care that he let the guy hit him optically he is a joke. An obese untrained man KO him and it is forvever sealed on the internet, he can tell his kids and anyone at a bar "look I KTFO of a 3x, 2 division champ UFC Hall of Famer"

That obese man can brag and show on Youtube him KO BJ Penn

Dannis is not famous like BJ Penn and not a champion

Little men need to be reminded sometimes that no matter how hard they train a big man will always be able to overpower them. Keep that little man syndrome in check.

Dillon isnt even small though

185lbs right? And 6 foot?

You need to be LHW size or HW to truly be a big and bad mofo!

The BJ fight showed though

That only MW, LHW and HW are scary men

WW are usually never more than 190lbs and sub 6 foot

MW are 5"11 ,,, 190lbs to 210lbs

LHW 6 foot to 6"4
210lbs to 235lbs

HW 6 foot 1 to 6"7 range
240lbs to 290lbs

This wasn’t 1 on 1 and danis didn’t appear to be trying to “win” on the ground. He didn’t get “choked out”.

Striking isn’t always the best option. Many times it’s not.

Sorry, but lack of ‘appearance’ of trying to
‘win’ is no excuse. Danis lost every bit as much as some of the examples you’ve used ‘won’.

Striking is typically the best option in a ‘real’ situation because of the inherit risk grappling exposes you to.

Back