Media Bouncer who choked Danis "he was a little agitated".

Who doesn't bring an ID to a bar? And who goes to a wack ass bar that plays Brown Eyed Girl super loud? What a dork.

MMA is real fighting and unbeatable in the streets though…

<CerseiPlotting>

For anyone who didn't read the article

Danis goes to club
Denied entry for no ID
Shows them who he is online
Bouncers say they dgaf
He gets in an argument and a punch gets thrown
This guy comes up behind him and jumps on his neck.
Security guard is 6' 275

Wow, you are just spitting unbiased straight facts here. It's very rare that for someone to sum it up with an objective point of view. Bravo to you.

All the training in the world doesn't mean anything when you're surprised from behind and someone else grabs your legs. Too much confidence with not enough awareness.
thats fair. id say the same for toughness. but thats why we dont try to force our way into bars with a google search.

Pretty sure no one ever said mma fighters can’t be subdued by multiple people.

Actually, it’s the argument I have here time and time again. Even the prospect of multiple opponents changes everything, and renders much of the grappling aspect far less useful than it is in a 1vs1 sanctioned contest.

Dannis’ skill set simply does not lend itself to ‘real world’ situations.

Actually, it’s the argument I have here time and time again. Even the prospect of multiple opponents changes everything, and renders much of the grappling aspect far less useful than it is in a 1vs1 sanctioned contest.
The guy subdued danis with grappling, no?

MMA is real fighting and unbeatable in the streets though…

<CerseiPlotting>
joe schilling, mike perry, matt serra, ryan hall, roger huerta...

its actually an unfair fight to have an mma fighter againt normal people. its not safe. theyd have to be completely black out hammered and/or let you hit them like BJ did, or let you surround them like dillon did.

Chance laughed when he mentioned the punch thrown by Danis.

“It wasn’t a great punch,” Chance said. “He tried throwing a punch, missed it, and that’s when I grabbed him by his neck, pulled him down."

<45>

In fairness to Dillon he was outweighed by a lot. But you would kind of expect someone with his credentials to out grapple a bouncer

Well, if you watch is video here, the guy in the Pelicans #1 Williamson jersey is the guy that allegedly got punched in the eye. He is still holding his eye and it looks like it'll be a nice shiner for a few days, for what that is worth.

A-level bouncer. Could be a champion in his division with 3 months of training.

Google Proved his age tho.............

Unless we wanna pretend that somehow dillion danis, hacked google to convince this dumbass bouncer of his age....which is what the dumbass bouncer is implying here, by denying the Google proof.

I know you need an "ID".....but it's obvious as fuck that Dillion Danis is above 21 and google also agrees with this.

The bouncers sound like a bunch of cunts, who are in bot mode where they must see an ID for proof.....even though google/eyes prove that Danis is above 21.

The guy subdued danis with grappling, no?

Your point being?

A poor grappler who happens to be stronger out grappling a good grappler is hardly demonstrative of the effectiveness or indeed ineffectiveness of grappling.

It’s not rocket science here dude. Grappling is the most effective combat form for 1vs1 combat. That effectiveness decreases rapidly when you’re facing the prospect of multiple opponents.

I mean - just look at the position these guys and in and tell me that both of them aren’t massively vulnerable…

A lot of dudes in here making fun of Danis now, getting there kicks in while he's down. But, what does that say about the guys he's beat? Are all of them now not legit Black Belts because they lost him?

Google Proved his age tho.............

Unless we wanna pretend that somehow dillion danis, hacked google to convince this dumbass bouncer of his age....which is what the dumbass bouncer is implying here, by denying the Google proof.

I know you need an "ID".....but it's obvious as fuck that Dillion Danis is above 21 and google also agrees with this.

The bouncers sound like a bunch of cunts, who are in bot mode where they must see an ID for proof.....even though google/eyes prove that Danis is above 21.

And you know what? If you don't have an ID to get on a plane, the TSA even use search engines and ask you questions to verify you are who you say you are. So, there's that.

joe schilling, mike perry, matt serra, ryan hall, roger huerta...

its actually an unfair fight to have an mma fighter againt normal people. its not safe. theyd have to be completely black out hammered and/or let you hit them like BJ did, or let you surround them like dillon did.

Im not aware of all of these situations, so would be genuinely interested to hear?

I would also site the cases of Don Frye, BJ Penn, and now Dillon Danis.

BJ let that fat dude punch him and paid for it.. But he ended up beating the fat dude to Bolivian.. No one likes that video!

Dylon is a pure grappler with his back taken by a bouncer! Much worse. Plus, He’s a fucking loser! Hah

WAR BJ!!!!

Your point being?

A poor grappler who happens to be stronger out grappling a good grappler is hardly demonstrative of the effectiveness or indeed ineffectiveness of grappling.

It’s not rocket science here dude. Grappling is the most effective combat form for 1vs1 combat. That effectiveness decreases rapidly when you’re facing the prospect of multiple opponents.

I mean - just look at the position these guys and in and tell me that both of them aren’t massively vulnerable…

He didn’t outgrapple anyone. He subdued him and he didn’t fight back.

And yes, you can be vulnerable positions with multiple potential opponents. But again, not every fight is just a free for all battle to the death. We’ve seen many times where grappling does end the fight / confrontation.

This doesn’t mean mma isn’t the most effective training you can have. Not sure what point you’re trying to make. Sometimes going to the ground is smart, sometimes it’s not. Having knowledge to apply it is better than not and makes you more capable in more situations.

Who cares

Casuals dont care about his age. He is a former UFC champion being KO

Maybe you dont get that

The fact is he was KO by an obese man and smacked his head against pavement. That fat man can forever say hr KTFO of BJ Penn a world famous 2 division UFC champion

Dillon Dannis is a nobody and not a champ and not even in the UFC

A "nobody" that you know the name of, have an opinion of, is a world champion, and fights in a world class professional organizational and that "nobody" doesn't even know you exist.

Don't let your hate of the guy cloud your judgement of what he's accomplished at a relatively young age.

Care you post your accomplishments that I can Google to verify?

Last edited:
Im not aware of all of these situations, so would be genuinely interested to hear?

I would also site the cases of Don Frye, BJ Penn, and now Dillon Danis.
joe schilling violent KO in a bar, mike perry violent KO outside a bar, roger huerta violently KO'd a D1 offensive lineman in a street fight, ryan hall and matt serra took down, mounted and easily detained two guys until the cops came. all of those on video. there are more on video and infinite stories.

also there are a million videos of amateur and no name MMA fighters destroying regular dudes with a size advantage in the street.

recently, an oklahoma sooners wide receiver almost lost his eye in a fight with a guy in a bar bathoom who he was way bigger than. the much smaller guy also went to OU but was a regular student and had no fights whatsoever, only trained MMA.

He didn’t outgrapple anyone. He subdued him and he didn’t fight back.

And yes, you can be vulnerable positions with multiple potential opponents. But again, not every fight is just a free for all battle to the death. We’ve seen many times where grappling does end the fight / confrontation.

This doesn’t mean mma isn’t the most effective training you can have. Not sure what point you’re trying to make. Sometimes going to the ground is smart, sometimes it’s not. Having knowledge to apply it is better than not and makes you more capable in more situations.

He lost a fight in a grappling manner - to me that’s being ‘outgrappled’. Every bit as much as some of the examples do grapplers winning fights sighted in this very thread at least (see Matt Serra and Mike Perry street fights).

Grappling can end a confrontation - I haven’t suggested otherwise. What it often does though, even while ending a confrontation, is leave the practitioner is a vulnerable position. Hell, even the bouncer in the video posted was in a massively vulnerable position, despite being dominant.

Having the knowledge to apply it better than not having it, I agree despite the fact it’s often a suboptimal course of action.

Back