Books you're reading now

Rock, paper, scissors by Maxim Osipov.
Savage Gods by Paul Kingsnorth.

I would. It's right up there with the best of all book series if you can get past the 3 pages of descriptions. I just kind of skip lines to get back on track with the plot if i have to.

He really needs to condense that shit a bit

It's only my opinion but you shouldn't have to skip lines in a well written and edited book or series. I tried to read Wheel of time and found myself skipping chapters. It was definitely time to quit it. Life is too short to spend reading waffling bullshit.

It's only my opinion but you shouldn't have to skip lines in a well written and edited book or series. I tried to read Wheel of time and found myself skipping chapters. It was definitely time to quit it. Life is too short to spend reading waffling bullshit.
I definately skipped entire pages on wheel of time too. Sometimes the author is so focused on writing that he forgets to condense the superfluous shit that looks good to him but drags for readers. I mean doesn't the publishing company write them notes for this shit?

TBF George does it too

I definately skipped entire pages on wheel of time too. Sometimes the author is so focused on writing that he forgets to condense the superfluous shit that looks good to him but drags for readers. I mean doesn't the publishing company write them notes for this shit?

TBF George does it too

Loved Wheel of Time, Sword of Truth series, and A Song of Ice and Fire. But yes, there are legitimate criticisms for all three (WOT I feel could have been much shorter, especially).

I may have to try that other series you commented about, but it sounds pretty ambitious/intimidating. Same with Sanderson's Stormlight Archives (think that's what one of his series is called).

I just finished reading The Secret Commonwealth (Book 2 of a sequel trilogy to His Dark Materials). Honestly, the new trilogy is fairly meh compared to the original, and just super pseudo-philisophical.

I just picked up Watchmen (the graphic novel). I've never really explored this medium, but I'm enjoying it. But I loved the movie (and can't decide whether I loved or hated the show).

I'm going to have to read it again when I'm done.

americabefore-us.jpg

Loved Wheel of Time, Sword of Truth series, and A Song of Ice and Fire. But yes, there are legitimate criticisms for all three (WOT I feel could have been much shorter, especially).

I may have to try that other series you commented about, but it sounds pretty ambitious/intimidating. Same with Sanderson's Stormlight Archives (think that's what one of his series is called).

I just finished reading The Secret Commonwealth (Book 2 of a sequel trilogy to His Dark Materials). Honestly, the new trilogy is fairly meh compared to the original, and just super pseudo-philisophical.

I just picked up Watchmen (the graphic novel). I've never really explored this medium, but I'm enjoying it. But I loved the movie (and can't decide whether I loved or hated the show).
It is ambitious. Each and every book is a Doorstopper. But these guys actually finished the series and are writing more in the series. It's absolutely badass once you get into the flow and know of the mytharc. Trust me if you read the other 3. You,won't be dissapointed with Malazan.

All of the characters are fucking badass.

And the main characters can actually use their magic unlike Richard and Rand

I often enjoy a good horror novel but there are so few being published these days. But one of my favorite authors just published his new novel THE REDDENING & I'm just getting into it.
41bbVW0hjTL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I believe it was you who recommended me this one in the other book thread:

32920015.jpg

Got it for Christmas, and it's really good so far, thanks for the recommendation

1001004000968926.jpg

I'm rereading this currently. Some of the short stories in this novel are just down right bizarre.

51RsGrV1WqL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

this is actually pretty good, showing how masochism and sadism are not opposites
PS I also remembered I read all of Marquis De Sade books back in high school.

9780375703768_p0_v2_s1200x630.jpg

3rd attempt. I made it halfway through twice. I start reading it and I am like this is the best book ever....then I get about halfway and it just sucks ass and I am like "oh, that is why I stopped reading it" then I think about throwing it in the trash but going to suck it up this time.
Lot's of people say this is the scariest book ever....it isn't....not scary at all.

Robert E. Howard’s collected short stories.

I believe it was you who recommended me this one in the other book thread:

32920015.jpg

Got it for Christmas, and it's really good so far, thanks for the recommendation
Yeah, bro, that was me. :D
I'm happy you got it & that you're enjoying it thus far. IMO it's the perfect novel to read on a cold winter's night.
If you like it as much as I think you will you can't go wrong with Malfi's other work as well.
And, an interesting tidbit about BONE WHITE is that Amazon Studios is developing a series based on the novel.
Happy holidays!

I have been meaning to read Lord of the rings for a long time. I am now halfway through.

The extended editions of the movies being played in theaters have helped motivate me to revisit the books. I'm glad I did.

Back