Books you're reading now

finished reading 7 or 8 Expanse books. really good.
casually reading The Crusades
51c32NYZEbL._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

fascinating analysis with some cheek as well

50 first dates

How to win a guy in 5 dates

To all the boys I’ve loved before

A Smart girls guide to meeting boys

Girl Code

How to spot a dangerous man

<[analyzed}>
What were your search terms to get that list?

The last 3 books I've read, I've ultimately stopped / lost interest with 1 or 2 chapters to go. I don't know why it is? I kinda get the bigger picture of the story and the motivation just disappear. Even if I've not uncovered the entire story but just have a hunch.

Something wrong with me.

Last edited:
Currently rereading Sword of Truth. On Pillars of the wind.

It's an awesome series. But holy god. Sometimes the dialogue goes on for TOO long. Khalan repeats herself like 50 million times when talking to Shota

The last 3 books I've read, I've ultimately stopped / lost interest with 1 or 2 chapters to go. I don't know why it is? I kinda get the whole bigger picture of the story and the motivation just disappear. Even if I've not uncovered the entire story.

Something wrong with me.

How long has it been going on?
I mean, were those three books spaced out over a few month's time or were they all it quick succession?
Could it be that those three books just weren't particularly engrossing? Or perhaps it's just a phase where reading doesn't interest you.
Normally, I'm a voracious reader but I go through occasional periods of time when I just don't feel like reading no matter how good the book is that I'm attempting to read. In those cases, I just set the book aside until the desire to read returns.
Keep us posted on how it goes, bro.

Currently rereading Sword of Truth. On Pillars of the wind.

It's an awesome series. But holy god. Sometimes the dialogue goes on for TOO long. Khalan repeats herself like 50 million times when talking to Shota

Goodkind could spend 4 pages describing a chair. Every book is 800ish pages. Great series though. Took me years to make it to Temple of the Winds then forgot about it. Might have to pick it back up.

I've just read the blade itself, now I'm reading Before they are hanged by Joe Abercrombie, read by Steven Pacey. He does a good job of a couple of main chrs that I like, but are awful people. He's making them more relatable over time, hero's journey and all that but still, Gloctor and Luthar are thoroughly unpleasant and all the better for it. Pacey's narration is on point.

Goodkind could spend 4 pages describing a chair. Every book is 800ish pages. Great series though. Took me years to make it to Temple of the Winds then forgot about it. Might have to pick it back up.
I would. It's right up there with the best of all book series if you can get past the 3 pages of descriptions. I just kind of skip lines to get back on track with the plot if i have to.

He really needs to condense that shit a bit

I would. It's right up there with the best of all book series if you can get past the 3 pages of descriptions. I just kind of skip lines to get back on track with the plot if i have to.

He really needs to condense that shit a bit

I would complain, but at least he releases a book about once a year. We could be GRR Martin fans and hoping our favorite writer doesn't keel over on the toilet.

I would complain, but at least he releases a book about once a year. We could be GRR Martin fans and hoping our favorite writer doesn't keel over on the toilet.
Which is a very. Very real godamn possibility.

I would suggest reading Malazan Book of the Fallen starting with Night of Knives.

Blows those shitty A song of ice and fire books out of the water.

Which is a very. Very real godamn possibility.

I would suggest reading Malazan Book of the Fallen starting with Night of Knives.

Blows those shitty A song of ice and fire books out of the water.

Just looked it up. Do I need to start with Gardens of the Moon?

I've been bingeing with audiobooks recently. Helps with the commute. Crime and Punishment, Animal Farm, 1984, and just started Road to Wigan Pier.

Just looked it up. Do I need to start with Gardens of the Moon?
This is a pretty rough series to just dive into. The absolute proper order looks like this:
https://www.tor.com/2017/11/21/malazan-suggested-reading-order-ian-cameron-esslemont-steven-erikson/

You can start with Gardens but you will be very, very confused at first until the picture becomes clearer. The true order up top now that all 21 books are released will make you see the plot clearer and meet some of The characters first.

There really is no wrong way to do it. It depends on how much time and money you want to invest in it.

At the very least, my personal suggestion is Night of Knives before Gardens of the moon, to understand the Malazan Empire itself a little bit better and to understand a touch of the lore before diving in.

Back