Books you're reading now

I like weird shit too, man. I’ve been reading “Haunted” by Palahniuk and I’m “enjoying” it.

I don’t have much of a pattern to my reading, just sort of skim wherever I like these days. Do you ever read comics? I’ve been consuming a lot of Grant Morrison along with the great Chinese sci fi writer Liu Cixin. Somehow “three body problem” was complemented by “New X-Men” in a way I can’t quite put together yet, except to say, it fit really well for me.

History was my passion for a decade but I don’t want to soliloquize Arnold Toynbee in a Sherdog chat.

I haven’t read Harry Potter, but after you mentioned that bit about chatting to girls about it, I will. I’d never considered that, dork that I am. Bloom is famous for hating fun; but I love his critiques and selections. When he tells you a piece of work has power - it does. But not everyone can spend their lives in a corner reading, like he did. He’s sometimes off the mark because of the life he lived imo.

I have read Thus Spoke Zarathustra and enjoyed it for the most part. It was creepy. The part with the tightrope walker who falls and dies still spins in my head. (I hope that’s the right book.)

Although he doesn’t resonate with me the way, say, Robspierres speeches do. Nietzsche may have been gods eulogist, but it was Robespierre who guillotined him.

Haunted was meh. Diary was the last Chuck book I read. Chuck's best were fight club, survivor, and choke. The first board I ever joined with The Cult.

If you are into 20 something girls then Harry Potter is really good and so is Edgar Allen Poe for whatever reason.

Deleuze has a supposedly good book on reading Nietzsche which I am going to read after finishing his book on Masochism. With Post Modern stuff it is like half of it is pretty good and half of it is non sense. Deleuze is one of the better ones though.

I've read some Camilla Paglia too, she has some interesting stuff.

Oh, I read almost all of Michio Kaku's books...pretty good. I liked him better than Stephen Hawking or Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Of course the classics are great like 1984 and Brave New World.

I recently read the handmaid's tale by Margaret Atwood. It was surprisingly good. Probably the best book I've read by a Canadian author. I also liked the lecture at the end where they objectively discuss the events of the book as actually having happened. It was really eerie. As far as dystopias are concerned it is certainly up there with Brave New World and 1984.

Haunted was meh. Diary was the last Chuck book I read. Chuck's best were fight club, survivor, and choke. The first board I ever joined with The Cult.

If you are into 20 something girls then Harry Potter is really good and so is Edgar Allen Poe for whatever reason.

Deleuze has a supposedly good book on reading Nietzsche which I am going to read after finishing his book on Masochism. With Post Modern stuff it is like half of it is pretty good and half of it is non sense. Deleuze is one of the better ones though.

I've read some Camilla Paglia too, she has some interesting stuff.

Oh, I read almost all of Michio Kaku's books...pretty good. I liked him better than Stephen Hawking or Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Of course the classics are great like 1984 and Brave New World.

You gotta be kidding me. Edgar Allen Poe? I have one of his books of poetry somewhere around my apartment. I’m sure I read it but I don’t remember loving it.

Are you British? Canadian? How does Poe come up? Do you hit on girls at libraries?

1984 hurt my feelings

Had to give up reading Novels when I started smoking weed. I'd get to the bottom of the page and realize I hadn't been paying attention... :p

You gotta be kidding me. Edgar Allen Poe? I have one of his books of poetry somewhere around my apartment. I’m sure I read it but I don’t remember loving it.

Are you British? Canadian? How does Poe come up? Do you hit on girls at libraries?

1984 hurt my feelings

America. In GA there was this 24 year old girl at a bar and she was into harry potter and edgar allen poe. She had a THIGH TATTOO of a raven on her thigh....then after I knew her a few weeks she got hedwig (or whatever Harry Potter's owl is called) on her other thigh.

I usually got to craft beer bars and breweries. What else is weird I meet a decent amount of girls that graduated with a degree in English.

America. In GA there was this 24 year old girl at a bar and she was into harry potter and edgar allen poe. She had a THIGH TATTOO of a raven on her thigh....then after I knew her a few weeks she got hedwig (or whatever Harry Potter's owl is called) on her other thigh.

I usually got to craft beer bars and breweries. What else is weird I meet a decent amount of girls that graduated with a degree in English.

She had a thigh tattoo on her thigh? No way bro

Started this the other night. Almost finished.
71QKQ9mwV7L.jpg

Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King.

Started 4 days ago and I’m about half way through. Great pacing so far.

Started this the other night. Almost finished.
71QKQ9mwV7L.jpg

Read that fairly recently and it was good. My first self-help book and shit was real. I've got some Jordan Petersen book lined up, 12 Rules for Life or something like that

Read that fairly recently and it was good. My first self-help book and shit was real. I've got some Jordan Petersen book lined up, 12 Rules for Life or something like that

He tells you to clean your room, and stand up straight. Revolutionary stuff.

Robert Pirsig mollwhops JP when it comes to philosophical insight with practical help.

Pirsig didn't need 60 grand a month from his patreons either. There's that.
51kZyfOhzML._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Just finished Power of the Dog and Cartel.

Badass books.

I like you. You're good shit. I will be watching for your posts

Bloom is a God. Don't bring Bloom into this.

I love Harold Bloom. I have his book on the western canon and it's great. I've tried to work my way through his canon; I respect him. It's taking awhile but i'll get there. I also like the way he says power. POWAH

It just seems like his life turned him into a man who could only appreciate the purest, most powerful pieces of literary work. Like a wine critic who can't enjoy Pepsi. Bloom could never read a book on Star Wars and hold it in anything but contempt; good for him, but that's not me.

I like Pepsi, with dirty whiskey in it, and if you throw in three ice cubes that smell like mixed vegetables that just reminds me of home. Cause that's MY life; it won't be remembered, but I'm here and I gotta drink too.

1984 by George Orwell. The book is very deep and informative. I would even say that the book opens your eyes. I also want to become a great writer like George Orwell(This is my idol). To do this, I read and write a lot. I also order anonymous essay for analysis. I wonder what will come of it.

Last edited:
Back