Bodyweight Training Program

Discipulus

Black Belt
Reaction score
After a recommendation from a martial artist and trainer acquaintance of mine, I think I'm going to start up a home training program doing bodyweight exercises, since I found going to the gym to be a little too difficult for my schedule. Here's the program in question:

http://www.simplefit.org/workout.html

It's simple enough and it certainly can't hurt. And I think I'll supplement it by doing planks for time, both normal and both sides. Any comments or (likely) criticisms on this idea are welcome. :wink:

I posted this in my log as well, for anyone who wants to give me advice in there. I'm just interested in hearing what f13 has to say about a program like this, and any additions you guys might add?

I'm in the same boat, Nuke. We're both gonna have to buy one, and that's that.

Recommendations?

Last edited:
I just got a cheap one from amazon, only about 20 bucks.

Iron Gym.

I just got a cheap one from amazon, only about 20 bucks.

Iron Gym.

I know it's impolite to ask this of a lady, but how much do you weigh?

Edit: My God, I can't believe I misspelled weigh that badly. I must be tired or something.

Last edited:
Arg, i'm about to go in a few weeks anyway, so might as well do some assistance pullup first with a vertical pole at house first anyway.

I'm in the same boat, Nuke. We're both gonna have to buy one, and that's that.

Recommendations?

Here's some alternative recommendations:

Monkey bars at the park or a rope thrown over a tree branch (or whatever). Or a towel draped over whatever's available.

Example:
RopePulls.jpg

Here's some alternative recommendations:

Monkey bars at the park or a rope thrown over a tree branch (or whatever). Or a towel draped over whatever's available.

Example:
RopePulls.jpg

You know, once I can actually do a full pull up, I may add gi pull ups into the routine. Or I might just add gi pull ups into the mix for the negative pull ups I'll be starting out with.

Still, this Iron Gym doorway bar says it should hold up to 300 pounds. Sounds a little dubious, but I'm at 250, so not quite toeing the line...

Looks like a fun bit of conditioning.

And while I in absolutely no way endorse such behavior, I do believe that if you google Ross Enamait Never Gymless that is possible to find a PDF to download...

Very valuable training resource for calisthenics in my opinion.

Back