Bodyweight Training Program

What the fuck is going on here? Not one person saying, "get a barbell and some weights and run SS/5-3-1 at home"?

It's not what he wants to do. He came in asking about bodyweight exercise, and that's what we're talking about.

It's not what he wants to do. He came in asking about bodyweight exercise, and that's what we're talking about.

since I found going to the gym to be a little too difficult for my schedule.

That doesn't say he doesn't want to.

If he has the ability to get a barbell, weights, and can make some concrete bucket stands, he should. I mean, were all here to get strong, in theory, and you can do that much more effectively with a barbell.

No means no, Leify.

Do I need to call the authorities?

It's already been mentioned: Convict Conditioning? It has progressive movements for each maneuver and a program to follow.

8509361_orig.png

Looks interesting. Would you mind explaining that chart a little bit to me? It's pretty inscrutable from where I stand now. Does it go top to bottom, easiest to hardest?

That doesn't say he doesn't want to.

If he has the ability to get a barbell, weights, and can make some concrete bucket stands, he should. I mean, were all here to get strong, in theory, and you can do that much more effectively with a barbell.

He doesn't.

Looks interesting. Would you mind explaining that chart a little bit to me? It's pretty inscrutable from where I stand now. Does it go top to bottom, easiest to hardest?

each column is an exercise progression. pull up, leg raises, push up , squat etc..

the top exercise in each column is the easiest and moving down is progressively harder.

once you are able to do the amount of of sets X reps of a certain exercise you move down one space in that column, and that will become the goal exercise to complete the sets x reps.

to warm up use some of the previous exercises in the progression chart for that series.

so if you were doing full pushups, you would do a warm up set of knee push ups, then another warmup set of half pushups, then you would do your work set of full pushups. or maybe you want to do an even easier step in the progression as the warm ups sets

Buy a heavy dumbbell and then you can combine that with bw movements a per ross enamaits programs.

DB snatches, swings, C & P, DB rows, floor presses, one arm presses, etc are all legit movements. You're likely to make better and more measurable progress.

All I'm doing right now are bodyweight exercises and running.

All I'm doing right now are bodyweight exercises and running.

How do you like it? I'll just be doing bodyweight stuff and swimming in conjunction with all my martial arts training.

How do you like it? I'll just be doing bodyweight stuff and swimming in conjunction with all my martial arts training.

It can be rather boring, but I'm preparing for a Spartan race in March, so that keeps me going. I do get satisfaction out of improving my numbers and meeting goals, but day-to-day can be a chore sometimes. One of my main goals right now is 50 straight burpees without a rest because the penalty for skipping an obstacle in the race is 30 burpees.

Back