Bodyweight deadlifts

That's like saying in a pushup you are attempting to push the floor down. You're actually not attempting to move anything, thus the isometric. Your attempting to create maximum tension at a certain angle without using weights. Second the resistance isn't created by the wall, the resistance is created by the difference in your leg strength(and leverage) and arm strength when you are "pushing the wall" but really you are pushing against your own leg strength.
I don’t know what exercise you’re trying to explain but that is absurd. Your body is not fixed in a push-up. You cannot move the floor down.

You’re welcome to do whatever exercises you want, I’m not here to put down calisthenics. But don’t debate their limitations with something that is not a calisthenic exercise. If I load up a squat bar with 400kg, and give it my all to move the bar, I’m not doing a body weight movement.

I don’t know what exercise you’re trying to explain but that is absurd. Your body is not fixed in a push-up. You cannot move the floor down.

You’re welcome to do whatever exercises you want, I’m not here to put down calisthenics. But don’t debate their limitations with something that is not a calisthenic exercise. If I load up a squat bar with 400kg, and give it my all to move the bar, I’m not doing a body weight movement.

If you don't know what I'm talking about why are you commenting that it's not a bodyweight exercise. It's clearly a bodyweight exercise because you are not moving weight.

If you don't know what I'm talking about why are you commenting that it's not a bodyweight exercise. It's clearly a bodyweight exercise because you are not moving weight.

Lol wtf
No, that exercise cannot build strength for anyone other than completely untrained individuals.
Your arms would have to be weak af to not overpower your legs with that leverage.

Well considering I'm easily doing 100+ pushups and 30+ pullups with what would be called textbook perfect form... I think I've tried this whole bodyweight training out.... It's almost like I've recommended people do BOTH.

There's nothing wrong with doing bodyweight exercises. I do them literally almost every day. They target muscle endurance more than limit strength.

So if you're not knocking out more push ups and pullups than me with perfect form then maybe shut up?

When I was at peak calisthenics shape, best I got was 23 strict pullups, no kipping, all the way up, all the way down, at 6'4" and about 185.

Post a video of you doing 30 pullups in a row (REAL pull ups) and 100 pushups (REAL pushups, chest to floor, straight arms), or kick rocks. But if you do, respect, that shit's not easy. Somehow I'm doubting you, though.

Lol wtf
No, that exercise cannot build strength for anyone other than completely untrained individuals.
Your arms would have to be weak af to not overpower your legs with that leverage.

Sure if you don't use your leg or butt muscles, but the whole point of the exercise is that you do. At that leverage you would have to have some pretty weak leg/butt muscles not to be able to overpower the force your arms/shoulders/chest muscles are exerting.

Sure if you don't use your leg or butt muscles, but the whole point of the exercise is that you do. At that leverage you would have to have some pretty weak leg/butt muscles not to be able to overpower the force your arms/shoulders/chest muscles are exerting.
You’re telling me you setup against a wall, anchor your feet in place, and push with all your might through your arms and your body won’t budge from the wall?

I guess we have different definitions of strong.

None of this is true. It's almost as if you've never even heard of isometrics where you push against something immovable, they target strength. Seriously, read ONE just ONE good book about different forms of strength training.

Isometrics are a great tool, but not the best tool for developing strength or muscle. In combination with better options like weights they are a great addition.

I think all intensity ranges are important to work. Low intensity is bodyweight shit. Medium to high intensity is easier to do and track progress using real
weights.

You are doing 30+ pullups straight?

Yep depends on my bodyweight that number fluctuates. I'm 6'4 and 235ish. Been training pullups and weighted pullups regularly for about fifteen years now. I do them twice a week, once for reps and once weighted for sets of ten.

And yes I emphasize super strict form. Dead hang to chin above bar. No kipping around or any of that other cheating stuff. I don't like to cheat myself in the weight room as that only serves the ego.

My diet is shit so I've seen my max reps float round between 25 to 35 depending on my current bodyweight.

When I was at peak calisthenics shape, best I got was 23 strict pullups, no kipping, all the way up, all the way down, at 6'4" and about 185.

Post a video of you doing 30 pullups in a row (REAL pull ups) and 100 pushups (REAL pushups, chest to floor, straight arms), or kick rocks. But if you do, respect, that shit's not easy. Somehow I'm doubting you, though.

Who would lie on the internet? Today is my weighted pullups day. I'm happy to video that I guess if you're going to suck my dick on the forum every day after. It's only fair. Not sure how many reps with 30lbs in plates you think would equate to the raw numbers I'm talking about. Probably doing a set of roughly 15 weighted today.

23 pullups is a decent number I guess, but if you've been training them every week for fifteen years then really it's easily where you should be.

As far as the push-ups goes, same thing really except that every couple hours I get up from my work desk and bust out a 80% set with a really slow cadence. So I'm constantly greasing the wheels since I can always do them. Not good to sit at a desk all day without getting blood flow.

I am honored that you guys think I'm full of shit though. It's like the Internet version of a natty getting accused of taking steroids

Isometrics are a great tool, but not the best tool for developing strength or muscle. In combination with better options like weights they are a great addition.

I think all intensity ranges are important to work. Low intensity is bodyweight shit. Medium to high intensity is easier to do and track progress using real
weights.

Yep depends on my bodyweight that number fluctuates. I'm 6'4 and 235ish. Been training pullups and weighted pullups regularly for about fifteen years now. I do them twice a week, once for reps and once weighted for sets of ten.

And yes I emphasize super strict form. Dead hang to chin above bar. No kipping around or any of that other cheating stuff. I don't like to cheat myself in the weight room as that only serves the ego.

My diet is shit so I've seen my max reps float round between 25 to 35 depending on my current bodyweight.

Who would lie on the internet? Today is my weighted pullups day. I'm happy to video that I guess if you're going to suck my dick on the forum every day after. It's only fair. Not sure how many reps with 30lbs in plates you think would equate to the raw numbers I'm talking about. Probably doing a set of roughly 15 weighted today.

23 pullups is a decent number I guess, but if you've been training them every week for fifteen years then really it's easily where you should be.

As far as the push-ups goes, same thing really except that every couple hours I get up from my work desk and bust out a 80% set with a really slow cadence. So I'm constantly greasing the wheels since I can always do them. Not good to sit at a desk all day without getting blood flow.

I am honored that you guys think I'm full of shit though. It's like the Internet version of a natty getting accused of taking steroids
Post it bitch! But no weighted shit where I go to a conversion table. Skip weighted day. I want to see 30.& 100 and I'll be your Sherbitch.

weights.

That definitely depends on the exercise. If you can't bench a certain amount because you don't have strength at a certain angle, say 5 inches above the chest, an isometric wall push at that exact angle with maximal force will help you get over that hurdle. 3x for 1-3 seconds, 2 times a week, for a few weeks would get you over that hurdle in a way that no other training would. There is the added factor that the amount of time you would spend working on this particular lift would be minimal. The same goes for deadlift and using a towel(as someone already showed a picture of) at the exact angle you can't deadlift whatever weight.

You’re telling me you setup against a wall, anchor your feet in place, and push with all your might through your arms and your body won’t budge from the wall?

I guess we have different definitions of strong.

No, I'm telling you to get down on your knees and suck me off.

That definitely depends on the exercise. If you can't bench a certain amount because you don't have strength at a certain angle, say 5 inches above the chest, an isometric wall push at that exact angle with maximal force will help you get over that hurdle. 3x for 1-3 seconds, 2 times a week, for a few weeks would get you over that hurdle in a way that no other training would. There is the added factor that the amount of time you would spend working on this particular lift would be minimal. The same goes for deadlift and using a towel(as someone already showed a picture of) at the exact angle you can't deadlift whatever weight.
Lol stop

Post it bitch! But no weighted shit where I go to a conversion table. Skip weighted day. I want to see 30.& 100 and I'll be your Sherbitch.

I wouldn't even change my workout for someone who literally sleeps with me. You think I'm changing for you?

<DisgustingHHH>

I really am happy to video my next bodyweight session (Thursday) so I can shock and amaze.

I'm not sure what bench weight you're thinking where wall holds would be a better alternative than... More bench or incline/decline bench. Wall holds seem like a useful thing to do in the morning to activate your muscles for the day.

I’ll do some reading and you can do some training.

I have been. Here is some material to help you out. Small sample size but in line what's been known for decades.

"Methods: Sixteen male softball and baseball athletes performed overhead throwing, 1-repetition-maximum (1RM) bench press, and ballistic push-up during pretest and posttest. They were then randomly assigned to either SIBP or MIBP to undergo 12 strength training sessions. During the training, isometric bench press was performed at only 90° elbow angle for SIBP but at 60°, 90°, and 120° elbow angles for MIBP.

Results: A significant main time effect was observed for bench press 1RM (P = .003) and relative 1RM (P < .001). Similarly, a significant main time effect was observed for ballistic push-up peak power only (P = .037). There was no significant change in overhead throwing velocity in either group. There was also no significant difference in change in all measures between groups. However, a moderate effect in favor of MIBP was observed for change in ballistic push-up peak power (P = .180, g = 0.67).

Conclusions: Based on the current findings, the inclusion of both SIBP and MIBP were equally beneficial to maximal strength development. However, performing MIBP had a greater effect on power development."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35361735/

I wouldn't even change my workout for someone who literally sleeps with me. You think I'm changing for you?

<DisgustingHHH>

I really am happy to video my next bodyweight session (Thursday) so I can shock and amaze.

I'm not sure what bench weight you're thinking where wall holds would be a better alternative than... More bench or incline/decline bench. Wall holds seem like a useful thing to do in the morning to activate your muscles for the day.

Really? Because it sounds like you are absolutely 100% sure about everything. If walls holds don't make sense to you then having a towel behind your back and in your hands while in a bench position and pushing it at the exact angle you can't lift a weight at would work just as well.

I have been. Here is some material to help you out. Small sample size but in line what's been known for decades.

"Methods: Sixteen male softball and baseball athletes performed overhead throwing, 1-repetition-maximum (1RM) bench press, and ballistic push-up during pretest and posttest. They were then randomly assigned to either SIBP or MIBP to undergo 12 strength training sessions. During the training, isometric bench press was performed at only 90° elbow angle for SIBP but at 60°, 90°, and 120° elbow angles for MIBP.

Results: A significant main time effect was observed for bench press 1RM (P = .003) and relative 1RM (P < .001). Similarly, a significant main time effect was observed for ballistic push-up peak power only (P = .037). There was no significant change in overhead throwing velocity in either group. There was also no significant difference in change in all measures between groups. However, a moderate effect in favor of MIBP was observed for change in ballistic push-up peak power (P = .180, g = 0.67).

Conclusions: Based on the current findings, the inclusion of both SIBP and MIBP were equally beneficial to maximal strength development. However, performing MIBP had a greater effect on power development."

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35361735/
What about the group that did your lousy wall exercise?

This is Sherdog man. If you aren't 6'4" 235lbs and can't do 30+ pull ups with textbook perfect form, you aren't even allowed to have an account.

Last edited:
Back