• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bodyweight deadlifts

\

This shit right here.
maxresdefault.jpg

Interesting!
I'll give it a shot. It's sort of resistance stretching. Looks legit.

Interesting!

There really shouldn't be any stretching involved unless you're that tight and your mobility stinks. It's an isometrics so your gripping the towel and basically trying to stand up with it while your feet are keeping the towel in place. Lots of force produced, but no movement. Might wanna look up a video to see what the form should look like.

Also programming isometrics can be tricky as they can be pretty taxing on your CNS. Probably don't wanna do this one every time you work out.

There really shouldn't be any stretching involved unless you're that tight and your mobility stinks. It's an isometrics so your gripping the towel and basically trying to stand up with it while your feet are keeping the towel in place. Lots of force produced, but no movement. Might wanna look up a video to see what the form should look like.

Also programming isometrics can be tricky as they can be pretty taxing on your CNS. Probably don't wanna do this one every time you work out.
I'll check it out. Thank you.
I'm pretty flexible. Not like I once was. When I was 17, 18 competing in karate and kickboxing I could drop into a splits, do it between chairs Van Damme style etc. Now I'm 44 and have racked up some injuries and mileage. I'm still pretty flexible but not like I was.
I'll look into that. Appreciate your input!

Do many gyms have reverse hypers these days? Those look like they feel soooo good
I've never seen one at any gym that I've been to. But you can do reverse hypers on a regular bench. Normal back hyperextensions are what's more important to have the machine, but every gym should have at least one of those. I've seen videos of people doing back extensions without the machine but when I tried it it just didn't feel comfortable

I used to do back extentions on the park paralel bars all the time. At first it may seem abit painful the metal pressing against thighs but if you place your legs correctly, it doesnt hurt at all, i can guarantee.

I used to do back extentions on the park paralel bars all the time. At first it may seem abit painful the metal pressing against thighs but if you place your legs correctly, it doesnt hurt at all, i can guarantee.
Nice. I've always liked those types of extensions, never tried it before on parallel bars.

Interesting!

You should give just paying for a gym membership a try. It's like the cost of a single meal and you can actually train instead of doing wacky bodyweight nonsense to avoid a real strength and conditioning program.

Top athletes understand the benefit of training properly with weights. Shit even golfers are seeing the benefits. I do not understand why fighters hang onto this nonsense that weights are bad somehow.

You should give just paying for a gym membership a try. It's like the cost of a single meal and you can actually train instead of doing wacky bodyweight nonsense to avoid a real strength and conditioning program.

Top athletes understand the benefit of training properly with weights. Shit even golfers are seeing the benefits. I do not understand why fighters hang onto this nonsense that weights are bad somehow.
I don't think weights are bad. I'm building a home gym. It's more of an upfront cost. I just haven't invested in barbells, dumbells, racks etc. yet, and was looking for some alternatives.
I'm in a new area, so it might be a way to meet some people. There's a bjj/mma gym nearby but it's got a bit of McDojo feel and I was with a world class instructor before. They have really good facilities though. Honestly I don't really want to socialize much these days. I'm really focused on building my company more than anything else. But I am a pretty sociable person so don't want to give myself too much opportunity to stray. I'm not opposed to joining a gym in principal, though.

I don't think weights are bad. I'm building a home gym. It's more of an upfront cost. I just haven't invested in barbells, dumbells, racks etc. yet, and was looking for some alternatives.
I'm in a new area, so it might be a way to meet some people. There's a bjj/mma gym nearby but it's got a bit of McDojo feel and I was with a world class instructor before. They have really good facilities though. Honestly I don't really want to socialize much these days. I'm really focused on building my company more than anything else. But I am a pretty sociable person so don't want to give myself too much opportunity to stray. I'm not opposed to joining a gym in principal, though.
It's a great investment if you have self motivation. Really expensive venture if you're not sure you'll stick with it. Don't jump in at listed price, wait on holiday sales. Black Friday is your best one of year if you can hold off that long.
Bands could be your best friend to get some resistance.

You sure do make a lot of excuses for a lack of training discipline.

I train home aswell and the biggest piece of equipment i have is a dip station. Made of full steel or iron or whatever it is, i think it weighs 60 or 70 kilos. Solid as fuck, good to do dips on it. It has lots of space to dry laundry on it too. And it takes much less room then powerrack, full length barbells etc.

My routine is something like this : single arm standing ohp, weighted dips, weighted pullups, lateral raises with a pair of 10kg hex dumbells i have for that, i have ez bar for curls. For legs pistol squats and i want to buy a floor ghd, doesnt take much room and glute ham raise is one of the best exercises ever.

For overhead pressing i have the strength shop super long dumbbell handle and i use rubberized plates.

I also just recieved the robert baraban chest expander, crazy good thing that is. Ontop all the overhead pressing and lateral raises i do it complements it very good. Perfect for the reverse pec deck movement and imo it feels better then the reverse pec deck in the gym, i feel it better in the rear delts. I love shoulder training and with this thing in the mix i think im gonna have them cannonball delts soon.

I use all this gear to train at home during the week and in the weekend i go to the gym and do bench press, barbelll squats etc.

A

Attachments

• 20230130_102130.jpg
    828.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20221231_220943.jpg
    747.6 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBG
Back