Blade or electric? Which do you use and why?(Poll please)

British? Because you sound like a High T sort of chap.

giphy.gif
Nah, American of Irish descent. I look like half of Ireland and easily get lost among family there.

I guess my beard may not be as thick/dense (think lazar angelov). Its kind of like that, but not as dense.

I shave right after the shower. Got me a towel warmer, put that on my face for a few min. The soap and brush are ready to go. I face lather, so it helps open up the pores.

I graduated from a double edge safety razor to a straight. And i get amazing shaves.
I had success briefly about ten years ago, using a system that was time intensive. But before long I began to get razor burn like always and abandoned it

but how close would the shave be? i'd rather take a bit more time to get a real close shave, than always have a bit of stubble left over.

I actually like a little tiny bit of stubble. But yeah if you want close, razor is the ONLY way to go.

Blade because I'm a man who actually grows facial hair at a fast rate that some whimpy electric razor isn't going to keep in check. If I used an electric razor I'd have to shave every single day. Fuck that. Also electric doesn't get close at all

I shave the cheeks/neck with a double-edge razor then crop my beard with fullsized hairclippers.

Every electric shaver I've tried to use has been a joke incapable of either task. Can't give you a clean shave and isn't powerful enough to crop thick hair.

Blade. I have to shave every other day for work.

For every biological older brother a male has, he is 13% more likely to use electric.

Twice in my life I've gone out and bought the best electric on the market and neither worked for shit. Blade is the only way to go for me. I think it depends how thick your hair is.

Old school wet shaver here. I use single-edge GEM razors mostly, but also fire up the Schick Injector on occasion. I use double-edge razors, too, but those blades don't like me as much as the SE blades.

I use a shaving brush and shaving soap, then lather on my face. I need 3 passes and possibly a clean-up pass to get a good shave.

Blade because I'm a man who actually grows facial hair at a fast rate that some whimpy electric razor isn't going to keep in check. If I used an electric razor I'd have to shave every single day. Fuck that. Also electric doesn't get close at all
The new electrics might surprise you.

Electric for my face, blade for my head

You're only a man if you shave with this..
220px-Tweezers.jpg

I only use a blade on my upper cheeks. I use an electric on level 3 faded to level 7 on my beard. On my neck I use electric on level 1 because I don't like blades.

I tried electric back in High School but it just wasn't as effective as a blade. Now I use a double edge razor and never plan to use anything else.
Get these and you won't be able to go back.

Just had my second session of facial hair laser zapping. I will likely not have to shave ever again! Woot!

i cant use a blade because ill get ingrown hairs. always electric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back