BJS suffered a triple fracture to his eye socket

Oh ive no doubt we are related, it’s only a small country after all cuz!

if you’re ever over here dude, look me up. We can get wrecked, watch some fights, and bitch about the boxing forum regulars!

N7VnAAP.gif

Would love to meet you guys one day. Would be a fun trip back to the Motherland. Knew there was a reason I liked you cunts so much!

Btw my face bones stay strong fwiw,

Manny Broke Margarito orbital bone early in the fight and Marg kept fighting til the end of the 12th

True Warrior shit.

he did, he was as tough as they come, people expected a cheat to have no mental strength, he proved them wrong time and again but didn't that effectively end his career?

I'd have to think that conditioning is a huge part of how people can take punches to the skull, I know that just as your shins would toughen with kicking a heavybag, a skull would adapt to getting hit. A persons features also has a lot to do with it too, big nose, sharp features make it hard for a boxer. Just look at how often average citizens have serious injuries like this from other untrained average citizens and it makes me think that the pros benefit from as much conditioning as their bodies can handle and just like chin resistance, it varies widely.

Manny Broke Margarito orbital bone early in the fight and Marg kept fighting til the end of the 12th

True Warrior shit.

And begged them to let him keep going with similar injuries against Cotto.

he did, he was as tough as they come, people expected a cheat to have no mental strength, he proved them wrong time and again but didn't that effectively end his career?
Kind of, he fought a few more times.

Kind of, he fought a few more times.
Chuvalo fought on for years after Frazier, actually doing better with Ali the second time than he did the first. But, for those who want to associate this injury with quitter, just go watch Joe bust up Chuvalo and his instantaneous reaction. The thing about boxing is, it's not as painful as it looks for the most part, getting hit hard and hurt doesn't really "hurt" at all. Bodyshots can be very painful, fatigue can be painful but probably the worst injuries are when bones are broken, in terms of pain. Broken ribs don't feel good but they are fairly routine in the sport, other injuries that fighters may quit from are maybe a thrown shoulder (Marcel Cerdan,Klitscko), a broken or twisted ankle or knee(Michael Grant,Thomas Hearns, Mike Tyson, Tony Tucker). It's really not as rare as you think when it happens in a major fight, I think Jack Johnson quit once too as did Lamotta. It's a tough sport and I think as some brit, I think Jim Watt said, a lot of times, whether you quit or not just depends on what side of the bed you get out of. For whatever reason however, it has become more acceptable for boxers to just quit than it used to be and that's probably not good.

Yep, Billy quit straight away. Dubois soldiered on. And Dubois was fighting a HW where KO's are more common i.e ratio of damage to resilience is increased

Yup Billy fuckin bottled it after talking shit. It's like Frank Mir saying it's shameful to tap to strikes and it's an unwritten rule you don't do that, then he does it against Ayala.

If you're gonna talk that shit that's fine but you best walk the walk when shit gets ugly for you

I'd have to think that conditioning is a huge part of how people can take punches to the skull, I know that just as your shins would toughen with kicking a heavybag, a skull would adapt to getting hit.

lol that's fucking retarded logic mate. You deaden the nerves and build calluses on the shins, how the fuck is a skull going to adapt to getting hit? It's just your brain flopping around in there

lol that's fucking retarded logic mate. You deaden the nerves and build calluses on the shins, how the fuck is a skull going to adapt to getting hit? It's just your brain flopping around in there
The bones get denser to as they will with many activities. Guarantee you, put a person who's never been hit before in with a top fighter they will have a lot more problems than most fighters would.

The bones get denser to as they will with many activities. Guarantee you, put a person who's never been hit before in with a top fighter they will have a lot more problems than most fighters would.
look at your post and tell me it's not faulty logic... maybe reword it... of course an on fighter who has never been hit will have more problems against a top fighter

also there is bone density development training and it is mysticism in TMA but even iron hurt dudes will tell you (if they re from a legit source) that the skull is one are that cannot really be developed like that.
edit it? boils down to? there being to much shit in your skull and the bones around the face being more fragile and of course having your brain and shit up there.

look at your post and tell me it's not faulty logic... maybe reword it... of course an on fighter who has never been hit will have more problems against a top fighter

also there is bone density development training and it is mysticism in TMA but even iron hurt dudes will tell you (if they re from a legit source) that the skull is one are that cannot really be developed like that.
edit it? boils down to? there being to much shit in your skull and the bones around the face being more fragile and of course having your brain and shit up there.
Your opinion you're welcome to it. I dont think you're seeing my point and I dont feel like arguing. Of course I know there is cartilage in the skull and the nose isnt bone,I've had a broken nose and torn cartilage, been cut. But the point bone density has been analyzed by scientists before and stress makes bones stronger to a point. Anyway have a good one.

Last edited:
Your opinion you're welcome to it.
?
for real tell me where you heard about skull training . unless you talking about old school knuckle heads hitting each other in he head and then throwing combos after to practice throwing back after getting hit )

?
for real tell me where you heard about skull training . unless you talking about old school knuckle heads hitting each other in he head and then throwing combos after to practice throwing back after getting hit )

Marco Antonio Barrera had a metal plate put in his head.

Marco Antonio Barrera had a metal plate put in his head.
Well, to protect the area of excision following his craniotomy. They kept that shit secret for years, but it’s not as though it gave him an advantage.

In his defense were not all doctors in here.

I think Moz is saying that there has to be some sort of hardening or training of the skull or whatevers in the face naturally as one gets hit in the face. You're not hitting Tyson in the face and KOing him like you would Tidwell or some shit.

Like anything humans do, their systems and bodies will adapt or attempt to adapt to the behavior. Of course, there will be a huge variation in the ability to do that. I think it was George Benton who mentions how fighters skins adjust to getting hit so that what left a mark before, wouldn't do it as they got used to it. And, the features change, Holyfield is a great example, his nose just got more smushed in and his features were generally just wider and lumpier. Not only may the skull change in it's ability to absorb shock, it changes in shape fairly dramatically over time too, you look at profile pictures of fighters when they are young and when they are at the end of their careers and you'll notice that there is a flatter appearance. A million things a top pro has adapted to that a civilian or even an amateur hasn't. I recall watching an ammie tournament when i was a kid and the first thing that seemed the most different was how everone's nose bled, again, not unheard of in pro boxing but not as common.

As far as bone density, from what I read, the researches described the bones as having spaces in them and that stress makes the spaces fill up, and they compared it to concrete being poured into forms. Now skin? I have heard that Jack Dempsey soaked his face in pickle brine and believed it worked (heard the same for his hands) but I would think that the facial skin would be one of the least adaptive things to getting hit. Ali was known to have skin like leather and was only cut once and maybe twice as a pro while Jerry Quarry cut at the ring introductions.

anyway, i'm always reading about how some minor streetfight ended up with a guy with major facial damage and I know goddamned good an well, the average person really can't hit that hard at all. I've had a friend who had his cheek bone punched in when he was drunk, I doubt the guy that hit him threw a lot of punches before that. I find it very hard to believe that a skull that easily damaged by a nobody, is the same as the skull that pros have. Same with a chin, look on youtube, it's full of guys who fall down as dead when some idiot hits them, you think all those guys have alexis arguello power?

Back