BJS suffered a triple fracture to his eye socket

Cariñito

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to Eddie Hearn. He'll operated on around 5pm today.

He must of taken a good bastard to the face...I've not watched the fight yet nor any highlights but I've read a lot of stuff about his corner pulling him out and sounds like a good decision!!!! One more punch off canelo in that eye socket and he'd have punched through his head like homelander.

Edited: I watched it

Last edited:
There’s no way he could have kept fighting.

He’s fair game for karma jokes regarding Dubois, though, as he basically did what he had to do (ie quitting) just like Daniel.

Hope he heals well indeed.

Last edited:
I felt bad for him until I saw that he had mocked Dubois for quitting from the same injury, and bragged that he'd rather die than quit. So this is karma for him. Dubois fought on longer with the injury.

But I read on Sherdog that Canelo doesn't have punching power...

All boxers have punching power. The question is how much. Canelo isn't a massive puncher, despite claims to the contrary. Guys who have been in the ring have said as much. Watching him says as much. He landed a perfect punch and still couldn't separate BJS from his senses.

All boxers have punching power. The question is how much. Canelo isn't a massive puncher, despite claims to the contrary. Guys who have been in the ring have said as much. Watching him says as much. He landed a perfect punch and still couldn't separate BJS from his senses.

Just separated his facial bones

no, he couldn't separate him from his senses, just cave his fucking skull in.

canelo is a big puncher, no matter how you slice it. does he have murderous power like a prime golovkin? no, but he has more than enough to be a threat to anyone.

Lets not forget the clean massive shot Canelo landed on GGG that didn't phase him.

And lets not forget all the smaller guys he fought while he was still a weight bully who he could barely dent.

Nobody is claiming he's feather fisted. But he's not some massive intimidating puncher.

Lets not forget the clean massive shot Canelo landed on GGG that didn't phase him.

And lets not forget all the smaller guys he fought while he was still a weight bully who he could barely dent.

Nobody is claiming he's feather fisted. But he's not some massive intimidating puncher.

Right. I bet no fighter on earth is intimidated after yesterday night.

He broke BJS’s skull and made Callum Smith, a fucking cruiserweight, run for his life.

Maybe he’s no Bob fucking Foster, but denying his being intimidating as hell is laughable.

Last edited:

Maybe he doesn't land his punches correctly for the KO, (i highly doubt it as 2/3 of his fights are won via ko)...but to say he doesn't have power after turning bjs eye into a used coke can is absurd.

Are there other fighters that weren't KO artist but known to be hurtful horrible punches? I'd expect them to go hand in hand.

Last edited:

Who gives a fuck about senses when you can literally send someone to the hospital with a very serious injury? He just destroyed part of that man's face. That beats any knock out. A knock out is just a nap. This is physical destruction. Plus, a KO doesn't require that much power. It takes more power to break bones with your hands than to KO someone. A KO is just the right punch at the right time. KO punches are often not that hard. They just landed perfectly.

Last edited:
Back