Bjj would have saved this guy!

I could tell with that comment that you would have reacted like the other 7 guys in the restaurant. And than your excuse of just standing there would be what if the dude had a gun or his buddies were outside.

You're a whopper. Which hospital performed your sense of humour bypass? It's clearly been a success.

BJJ is not safe in an uncontrolled area. Its better to throw punches and be able to see people around you and make an exit. They have blade guard these days?
lol'd at blade guard. :icon_chee

The guy who got beat up seems like hes a bitch, honestly. Bitching to whoever he was on the phone with, getting into a shouting match with a woman, throwing his phone down all over a pizza. If I was there and he wasnt being disrespectful to the woman and she was just over reacting, called her boyfriend in and he starts hitting the guy, I would try to help. But it really isnt my problem at all if some guy opens his mouth, stoops to the crazy bitches level, and gets slapped around by her monster boyfriend.

Im sure everyone in that pizza place, and the rest of the world, would be pissed at some bitch cutting the line. Theres only one guy in there who got hit, and its the one who made a big deal about it. Keeping his mouth shut would have kept him out of trouble. Its not up to anyone else to gather up their balls and take on a 300 pound beast, over a spot on a pizza line.

BJJ may have helped, but without common sense its useless. I wouldve told big man "lets take this outside". And ran right out the door to a new pizza place.

BJJ is not safe in an uncontrolled area. Its better to throw punches and be able to see people around you and make an exit. They have blade guard these days?

So, your best bet is to take the sure loser's bet and bang with a much larger and stronger opponent? Make sense. How about this: If I can't run, I would attempt to get it to the ground where I like my chances better. If I can't get it to the ground, then I get knocked out like a fool standing up. If I can run or somehow avoid the conflict--like not starting shit in a pizza place--then I do so in the first place.

Point being, if someone is going to stab me or run up from behind and hit me with a lead pipe Dick Tracy style, they can do it whether we are standing or on the ground. And if multiple opponents enter the equation, we're going to the ground anyways. Cause guess what, people don't fight fair. They aren't going to come at you one by one and let you strike with them individually. One guy will probably be striking you, while others are grabbing you and bringing you--you guessed it--to the ground.

And actually, if I'm tangled up with a guy on the ground, I have a better chance of controlling his knife or spike or syringe or whatever then if he's loose and we're standing. I know, because I've trained realistic knife defense (Straight Blast Gym defense seminar) and the first thing you do is try to grab the guy and get control of his knife hand, because if he's loose, you are getting sliced up. And if my standing advantage is that I can run away if I see the knife, why wasn't I running away in the first place if that's possible?

Also: It is not hard for a trained BJJ to bail and pop up from teh ground. I will stand up on an UNTRAINED guy all day. I know, cause I actually do it. I train with guys ranging from 6'9 and lower, and up to 350lbs. Good luck controlling me on the ground if you don't know shit.

Also: Being on the ground offers you some creative opportunites for defense, like getting the hooks in and using a guy as a shield if somebody decides to a have a stompfest. I know guys who have done this. Cops, actually. You might also slap on a lock and threaten guy's buddies that you are going to snap something off, and it will certainly help if dude you have in a lock is begging for mercy. Multiple people have posted actually having used this tactic.

In conclusion, if you think BJJ has no place in self-defense you are an absolute fucking moron. It has a HUGE place in self-defense.

what the fuck kind of store did you work for? under no circumstances would the people at any store I've worked for (major ones, not talking mom and pop) say, lock the door and let's get this guy! If he's running for it, you just have to get get a description and a plate. How is your management going to sanction a manhunt in teh middle of a fucking shopping store.

Laptops, Desktops, iPads, Printers, Gaming and more here at PC World

it was fucking crazy. i had shit like people get mad cos they thought their new virus infected laptop was faulty and they folded it up the wrong way while it was on and threw it at me while im pissing myself laughing and his familys going 'caaaalm down'.

and sometimes a bunch of rats would run into the store, 2 of them stayed by the entrance forcing the automatic doors open, while like 10 more would grab as much shit as they could and someone would shout CODE 10 over the tannoy which means everybody get to the front of the store and we'd have this huge riot fight it was awesome. the managers would usually give me the keys to the store and id lock everyone in so we could all get down lol.

google maps pc world northolt - Google Maps

thats a picture of the store. behind it is a big ass estate (projects) scroll left, more towerblock projects as you'd call them... to the right... even more... it was the most ghetto ass pc world ever.

sometimes drug dealers would get beaten up in the park opposite for dealing in the wrong spot and come to the store all fucked up lol

under the roundabout there was a big open area that lead to the different roads that people used to get stabbed at, and when i became a teacher i ended up teaching some people that got done for robberies there lol

Last edited:
So, your best bet is to take the sure loser's bet and bang with a much larger and stronger opponent? Make sense. How about this: If I can't run, I would attempt to get it to the ground where I like my chances better. If I can't get it to the ground, then I get knocked out like a fool standing up. If I can run or somehow avoid the conflict--like not starting shit in a pizza place--then I do so in the first place.

Point being, if someone is going to stab me or run up from behind and hit me with a lead pipe Dick Tracy style, they can do it whether we are standing or on the ground. And if multiple opponents enter the equation, we're going to the ground anyways. Cause guess what, people don't fight fair. They aren't going to come at you one by one and let you strike with them individually. One guy will probably be striking you, while others are grabbing you and bringing you--you guessed it--to the ground.

And actually, if I'm tangled up with a guy on the ground, I have a better chance of controlling his knife or spike or syringe or whatever then if he's loose and we're standing. I know, because I've trained realistic knife defense (Straight Blast Gym defense seminar) and the first thing you do is try to grab the guy and get control of his knife hand, because if he's loose, you are getting sliced up. And if my standing advantage is that I can run away if I see the knife, why wasn't I running away in the first place if that's possible?

Also: It is not hard for a trained BJJ to bail and pop up from teh ground. I will stand up on an UNTRAINED guy all day. I know, cause I actually do it. I train with guys ranging from 6'9 and lower, and up to 350lbs. Good luck controlling me on the ground if you don't know shit.

Also: Being on the ground offers you some creative opportunites for defense, like getting the hooks in and using a guy as a shield if somebody decides to a have a stompfest. I know guys who have done this. Cops, actually. You might also slap on a lock and threaten guy's buddies that you are going to snap something off, and it will certainly help if dude you have in a lock is begging for mercy. Multiple people have posted actually having used this tactic.

In conclusion, if you think BJJ has no place in self-defense you are an absolute fucking moron. It has a HUGE place in self-defense.

Go ahead and make points by putting words in my mouth. First plan of action against a guy like that throw a couple of shots and get him to over exert and break for the door. Do you understand why having your head down seems like a bad idea or that being really close to someone with a weapon is dumb. I'll take my chances throwing punches and/or running. Worse comes to worse double leg and try to get into mount asap.

I agree that someone should have stood in to help but the problem is they dont know if the guy has a gun or knife. Jits aint helping then, sure you take his back start to RNC and he pulls out a pocket knife and stabs the sh1t out of your leg or arm. Once he passes out you bleed to death or at the very least have huge hospital bills.

This is very much like pulling over to help someone change a tire then getting run over by a dumbass passer by.

In the video its a tough call, I'd like to think I would have done something but I think most of here cant really say whether we would or would not until we were in that situation.

Shutting the fuck up or failing that, apologizing, would have saved that guy. BJJ probably not so much.

The girl was rude and cut in line! I think she is more responsbile for the role in the violence than either guy was! That being said the guy with the cell phone was a total pussy! And so were the other guys in that witnessed that!

Shutting the fuck up or failing that, apologizing, would have saved that guy. BJJ probably not so much.

The girl was rude and cut in line! I think she is more responsbile for the role in the violence than either guy was! That being said the guy with the cell phone was a total pussy! And so were the other guys in that witnessed that!

lol at the pizza owner that got brave and backed down when he seen the woman's BF. lol

and sometimes a bunch of rats would run into the store, 2 of them stayed by the entrance forcing the automatic doors open, while like 10 more would grab as much shit as they could and someone would shout CODE 10 over the tannoy which means everybody get to the front of the store and we'd have this huge riot fight it was awesome. the managers would usually give me the keys to the store and id lock everyone in so we could all get down lol.

LmFao !

OT: I usually step in but to be honest i'm not that big and this guy is huge , but i would've definitely at least stepped in and try to get the guy away from him at least in a non threatening way.

BJJ against a 300lb monster ex con? Pull guard not be able to close guard then get ground and pounded, you could clinch and get muscled into the wall and punched. A good sized man with good knowledge of bjj and wrestling would be able to deal. At 5ft 7/8 and 150 pounds I don't like my odds in a battle with a behemoth, if in the situation you have no choice it will save you a beating that you would get than knowing nothing I suppose.

Not saying I would not of broken it up but.

I'm 150 lbs myself, have been in my fair share of fights, Wrestled in HS, and practice BJJ. I would not want to fight that guy 1v1. I actually considered myself pretty darn good at takedowns, since I did a lot of takedown > release my Sr. Year in HS, 16 years removed from the sport, I would not be confident at taking the guy down at all.

I definitely would have yelled at the guy to stop first and threaten to call the cops hoping I don't have to get in a physical confrontation with that dude over a stranger.

Last edited:
Wow there are a lot of different threads going on inside of one atm.

Imo, the gf should be charged as well...it would be no different if she went outside and got her rabid pitbull and sicked him on the dude....cause thats all that guy was. A big stupid rabid animal that needs to be behind bars permanantly.

Interesting scenario with the white dude going into a pizza joint and assaulting a black guy half his size with 10-15 young black men surrounding. I would in all honestly put 1000 dollars down saying the white guy comes out on a stretcher....take that for what you want but I would honestly take that bet.

And the guys saying they would step in and save the day sound rediculous to me. Everything changes when the shit actually goes down and you realize you are risking your life. Maybe if you are a giant yourself...or a extremely skilled fighter....or a civil servant....etc...but I still have my doubts. His biggest mistake was ignoring tho...not sure how much better he would have faired if he had been looking but wouldve had to be better. The dude is an absolute giant and has prolly been in dozens of fights. No 180 lb. bjj guy is gonna do shit against him except piss him off....you can also bet that if you did hold your own that his girlfriend would be taking cheap shots at you constantly.

Also, what about the fact that the dirt bitch just goes to the front of the line. What an entitled piece of dog shit.

Wow there are a lot of different threads going on inside of one atm.

Imo, the gf should be charged as well...it would be no different if she went outside and got her rabid pitbull and sicked him on the dude....cause thats all that guy was. A big stupid rabid animal that needs to be behind bars permanantly.

Interesting scenario with the white dude going into a pizza joint and assaulting a black guy half his size with 10-15 young black men surrounding. I would in all honestly put 1000 dollars down saying the white guy comes out on a stretcher....take that for what you want but I would honestly take that bet.

And the guys saying they would step in and save the day sound rediculous to me. Everything changes when the shit actually goes down and you realize you are risking your life. Maybe if you are a giant yourself...or a extremely skilled fighter....or a civil servant....etc...but I still have my doubts. His biggest mistake was ignoring tho...not sure how much better he would have faired if he had been looking but wouldve had to be better. The dude is an absolute giant and has prolly been in dozens of fights. No 180 lb. bjj guy is gonna do shit against him except piss him off....you can also bet that if you did hold your own that his girlfriend would be taking cheap shots at you constantly.

Also, what about the fact that the dirt bitch just goes to the front of the line. What an entitled piece of dog shit.

So you are saying this guy would have kicked Royce's ass. Or Rickson, who is maybe 5 lbs above that. Ok. I guess UFC 1 taught us nothing, and being big and strong still beats everything.

Go ahead and make points by putting words in my mouth. First plan of action against a guy like that throw a couple of shots and get him to over exert and break for the door. Do you understand why having your head down seems like a bad idea or that being really close to someone with a weapon is dumb. I'll take my chances throwing punches and/or running. Worse comes to worse double leg and try to get into mount asap.

You would get knocked the fuck out. And why is it everybody thinks the only takedown in the universe is a double leg. I'll tell you what I would do, I would use a single, and run the pipe, and if he doesn't have training, he's going down. How do I know that? I don't know, maybe cause I train with guys who actually have wrestling experience and are heavier than that, and they go down. I'm not a giant either. Tall, but only 190 or so. It just comes down to how skilled you are. Yah, I suppose if you are a whitebelt or have no takedowns than you are just fucked no matter how you do it.

And again, being really close to a guy with a weapon is the best thing for you. Do I want to be smothering a guy who has a pipe, or clutching his knife hand, or do I want to give him a few feet to take some nice swings at me? Oh, and if he has a gun I want to be really far away.

I feel like this thread should be moved to the Heavies at this point.

Back