Bjj would have saved this guy!

Honestly, if I had been that guy getting hit... I would've thrown my hands up and threw some punches. Good luck trying to take down a guy 3x your size.

Exactly this is a fight or flight moment.....flight. Chances are if all you train is bjj your takedowns suck anyways.( no offense to bjj guys)

Exactly this is a fight or flight moment.....flight. Chances are if all you train is bjj your takedowns suck anyways.( no offense to bjj guys)

lol with like 2 months of developing an explosive shot that dude would have gotten taken down. just because someone is huge doesn't mean they aren't getting takendown. that's retarded.

It’s hard to say what I would have done in this situation. I have a concealed carry permit so if I was carrying my piece than I would have put an end to that beating ASAP but without my Ruger LCP……. I don't know. Being that I'm 150 lbs I physically could not have helped the man by my self and would have been curious as to if he was packing as well. Honestly without a gun I most likely would not have stood there with my mouth shut but I doubt I would have gotten physically involved unless there were others like myself trying to intervene and I felt we could gang up on him.

Last edited:
i would have grabbed two guys next to me that were big too and just kicked him in the dick. hopefully they would have helped. if not then i kicked him in the dick, keith hackney time.

lol with like 2 months of developing an explosive shot that dude would have gotten taken down. just because someone is huge doesn't mean they aren't getting takendown. that's retarded.

Yes because thats all it takes its two months to have great explosive takedowns :rolleyes:. So you think it would have been a good idea to shoot on that guy? Take advice from this guy if you want die. What happens if you fall. Or the guy was a wrestler back in the day? Then what? Now you have a 300+ guy on top of you, pounding you.

But in all fairness, the guy who was getting hit OBVIOUSLY has no background in any type of fighting, whether it is BJJ or schoolyard brawling. Unlike a lot of us here on Sherdog, a lot of people in the world have no interest in fighting, hitting, or being hit, and this guy was obviously in shock at the situation unfolding on him. You wouldn't ask an engineer for medical advice. Why would you ask this guy to fight?

Sorry to say this but the guy should have just shut his mouth... Don't put your salf in those situations... thats the best defence.

I'd have talked to the other guys (quickly), and said lets at least restrain the guy. Usually it takes suggestion or people go in bystander mode. Nobody wants to be the first person to help but when someone does usually more will follow.

Sorry to say this but the guy should have just shut his mouth... Don't put your salf in those situations... thats the best defence.

This. I'm not saying the guy deserved to get his ass beat; sometimes other people are just looking for trouble, and there's not a whole lot you can do. It does, however, help not to provoke them.

wow, this turned out to be an excellent racist litmus test thread

Yes because thats all it takes its two months to have great explosive takedowns :rolleyes:. So you think it would have been a good idea to shoot on that guy? Take advice from this guy if you want die. What happens if you fall. Or the guy was a wrestler back in the day? Then what? Now you have a 300+ guy on top of you, pounding you.

lol with 2 months of takedowns you will atleast understand the basics. is that hard to understand?

with 2 months of takedowns you should be able to takedown anyone that never wrestled before.

What was your go to move, then? Let him just beat your ass? after the first punch I would have dropped for that double. it wouldn't have been that timed or anything but I HIGHLY doubt he would have sprawled

People that get mad that easily, attack people way smaller, are usually not martial artists in anyway. To assume he even "might have" wrestled way back in the day is quite an assumption

most people on this forum are such liars. you can't beat a 300 lb ex-con with bjj if you weigh 140. and you know that, and you would have done nothing just like all the people in that restaurant.

most people on this forum are such liars. you can't beat a 300 lb ex-con with bjj if you weigh 140. and you know that, and you would have done nothing just like all the people in that restaurant.

I've got a friend who's 5"10 185lbs with zero grappling experience but is rugged that fought, and rnc'd a guy who's 6'2 that must have been around 285.

but yes 140-300 is a stretch.

Look at this poor guy getting his ass kicked at a restaurant! What's even sadder is 7 guys sit there and do nothing! Imagine if there was a bjj practitioner in the room I think the situation would not have escalated like this!

What would you have done in this situation? I would have closed the distance and clinched with the guy and if the takedown comes it comes but I would look to get the underhooks and go for the takedown when he was tired. Other wise I would be happy to stay even with him being he is much bigger!

Discuss

YouTube - Bad Ass Fighting In The Pizza Parlor

Nuthugging much?

when i worked in a computer store i used to help the security guards and stuff. they told me theres this couple shoplifting. it was a guy and a girl with a pram and they happened to be black.

we caught them stealing digital cameras and stuff and the black guy starts freaking out at the security and tried to leave so (past the security barriers near the tills) they did a code 10 so everyone from the store came running (except the pussies obviously) i was already there so i just stood in front of the main exit,

the manager gave me the key and i locked the door and i stood in front of it he scuffled with the security and then came towards me so i put my hands up and he backed away and started scuffling with the security again

he was going 'grab him' because he had the guy squashed against the wall but i said 'i will if he tries anything' at the same time LOADS of other black people had butted in.

and i was basically stopping people getting past the doorway and dealing with a bunch of angry black people that were sticking up for him and explaining to them 'we actually caught him stealing cameras. red handed. and on video. we arent just accusing him.' but they were STILL sticking up for him.

and he tried to escape again and his preggo bird that also had stolen digital cameras in her pram started screaming. and then they all started screaming because she was pregnant. i can outdickhead anyone when they kept going on, id start acting like they were WITH him. and when they said they werent, id be like 'oh! then why are you sticking up for him?' so theyd have to say it, and they would just be stumped

some people take that type of 'racial unity' too far and turn it into a bad thing. to me racial unity means all the races get treated the same.

what the fuck kind of store did you work for? under no circumstances would the people at any store I've worked for (major ones, not talking mom and pop) say, lock the door and let's get this guy! If he's running for it, you just have to get get a description and a plate. How is your management going to sanction a manhunt in teh middle of a fucking shopping store.

Anyhow, i didn't even see the vid, and I have a hard time believing that knowing BJJ would NOT have helped in the situation described. Whether it be in composure, distance, control, anything. And I will never ever understand the people who think the best course of action is to stand. All the time. Every time. Is everybody in this forum Chuck Liddell?

To the people saying BJJ would not have helped: Did you watch the Whataburger video?

That guy was probably pretty close to 300 pounds, granted he was drunk but look how easily the (also drunk) skinny kid handled him with only a few months of grappling training.

Shutting the fuck up or failing that, apologizing, would have saved that guy. BJJ probably not so much.

To the people saying BJJ would not have helped: Did you watch the Whataburger video?

That guy was probably pretty close to 300 pounds, granted he was drunk but look how easily the (also drunk) skinny kid handled him with only a few months of grappling training.

BJJ is not safe in an uncontrolled area. Its better to throw punches and be able to see people around you and make an exit. They have blade guard these days?

Back