Bjj would have saved this guy!

I would have thought we'd have a handle on this by now, but I guess people still believe being "swoll" is the anti-bjj in this day and age. Ridiculous. Even stupider is that people think the BETTER option is to slug it out. That's great. Okay, lil 150 lb guy. Your jiu-jitsu has no chance, so you wanna trade blows with this guy. OMFG. Could things be more backward

I feel like this thread should be moved to the Heavies at this point.

Any thread involving self-defense should go straight to the wasteland. I get so tired of all the little Tank Abbotts coming out and talking about how size and toughness pwns all on teh mean streetz.

I don't know why this subject is so historically black and white. Either you think training amounts to nothing and your only chance is to poke the guys eyes out and kick him in the nuts real quick, or you think you can just pull guard and omoplata the guy. WTF is wrong with people.

I'm aware of that.....I'm still not taking my chances shooting anything(double single) if i have the chance to avoid it. If it comes to that i'd shoot and attempt to get a crucifix

Did you guys ever wish that fake law from the Seinfeld finale was true? I kind of wish the 7 guys that just watched this would get SOME kind of slap on the wrist for negligence.

Problem is, in many states, jumping to help somebody can get _you_ slapped with an assault and batter charge by original attacker. When that happens you no longer can use self-defense as a viable defense. I think the name of the laws in question are "Good Samaritan Laws"

You would get knocked the fuck out. And why is it everybody thinks the only takedown in the universe is a double leg. I'll tell you what I would do, I would use a single, and run the pipe, and if he doesn't have training, he's going down. How do I know that? I don't know, maybe cause I train with guys who actually have wrestling experience and are heavier than that, and they go down. I'm not a giant either. Tall, but only 190 or so. It just comes down to how skilled you are. Yah, I suppose if you are a whitebelt or have no takedowns than you are just fucked no matter how you do it.

And again, being really close to a guy with a weapon is the best thing for you. Do I want to be smothering a guy who has a pipe, or clutching his knife hand, or do I want to give him a few feet to take some nice swings at me? Oh, and if he has a gun I want to be really far away.

I am with you right up to the weapons. I can see being in close on a guy with a pipe that does not know what he is doing, but a knife or a gun, just not sure that is the best place to be. Wrestling a knife or a gun has just to many options for me to really advocated it.

The guy who got beat up seems like hes a bitch, honestly. Bitching to whoever he was on the phone with, getting into a shouting match with a woman, throwing his phone down all over a pizza. If I was there and he wasnt being disrespectful to the woman and she was just over reacting, called her boyfriend in and he starts hitting the guy, I would try to help. But it really isnt my problem at all if some guy opens his mouth, stoops to the crazy bitches level, and gets slapped around by her monster boyfriend.

Im sure everyone in that pizza place, and the rest of the world, would be pissed at some bitch cutting the line. Theres only one guy in there who got hit, and its the one who made a big deal about it. Keeping his mouth shut would have kept him out of trouble. Its not up to anyone else to gather up their balls and take on a 300 pound beast, over a spot on a pizza line.

BJJ may have helped, but without common sense its useless. I wouldve told big man "lets take this outside". And ran right out the door to a new pizza place.

He held his cool well enough till she stuck her finger in his face. that is when things started to go south.

He held his cool well enough till she stuck her finger in his face. that is when things started to go south.

He didnt keep his cool. He started off by saying something about her on the phone then when she got loud about it he shut up.

Rule number one in public is dont start shit with a girl if you dont want to fight her boyfriend. the guy probably gets it now.

He didnt keep his cool. He started off by saying something about her on the phone then when she got loud about it he shut up.

Rule number one in public is dont start shit with a girl if you dont want to fight her boyfriend. the guy probably gets it now.

Actually, rule number one is dont assualt other people. He had every right to talk about her cutting in line on the phone.

So you are saying this guy would have kicked Royce's ass. Or Rickson, who is maybe 5 lbs above that. Ok. I guess UFC 1 taught us nothing, and being big and strong still beats everything.

Royce or Rickson? NO. 95% of sherdoggers? Yes.

BJJ is great for 1-on-1 but not for multiple attackers

That is why you must add some striking to your training....

Back