News BJ Penn Knocked out by airbag in crash

Haven’t you guys heard about all these airbag recalls? Takata makes almost all of them for every manufacturer. They are going off by themselves in some cases.

Are they doing that too? I know the most serious danger was that they were sending metal shrapnel through the necks and faces of victims, due to internal corrosion.

I worry this same thing would happen to my Mom
She’s also small and sits too close to the steering wheel.

If it's a reasonably modern vehicle, she should be okay. They have sensors to detect seat weight and position and fire the airbag accordingly.

Jesus. It breaks my heart having to see all these article about bj being involved in some bs.

Knockout by a pillow. He should avoid pillow fisted opponents

Airbag nuthuggers are the worst, that was pure luck

Better question is why the fuck is BJ Penn, the first two weight UFC champ, driving a Tacoma?

Get an american made truck with a side rail to step in and a sunroof.

Ford F-150 (/250/350)
Dodge Ram 1500
GMC Sierra
Chevy Silverado

Last edited:
Also, here is BJ saying it's over, in 2014 and it's quite emotional. He should have retired here, but he only knows how to fight.

It's right at the beginning, pretty sad. It's like he knew he was at rock bottom, now he's in a bottomless pit falling forever.
man....no one needs to dig at all to come up with reasons to shit on Dana but all that shit aside.....he didnt let Bj flounder for a moment there before cutting in and taking over, respect

hes also done some other solid bro shit over the years

this is probably the first time in bj penn's life, where he has no idea what to do with himself, or his life. his life has always been about fighting. and then all of a sudden, it's gone. it doesn't help that he has a lot of money, and so that allows him to have all this free time to get into trouble. he probably has a lot of yes-men around him, condoning the behavior. maybe this is rock-bottom for him? we'll see if he decides to change his ways.

There's always that bare knuckle boxing promotion

Alot of people are going to just use this to elevate their line of jokes and memes but in reality, this is legit sad. BJ Penn is starting to fall apart, fast.

giphy.gif

GNhhZU.gif

airbags don't just deploy when you're driving, and there appears to be minimal damage to the truck. I'd guess that his loss of consciousness was substance-related.

Depends where you get hit, all you gotta do is hit that sensor with a little force and it'll go. Thing is tho...theres no driver side airbag deployed in the picture of his truck....

<TheWire1>

That is probably murder.

It looks like a big ass rock.

I think they showed this on Ridiculousness, where they have stated that they try to clear the videos to make sure no one dies, but when they don’t get confirmation they just assume they woke up eventually.
Yea, either a rock or a piece of a log. I agree, I've seen a ton of episodes of Ridiculousness, and there have been a lot of videos that seriously leave you wondering if you just watched someone die.

Back