News BJ Penn Knocked out by airbag in crash

Once he gets back in the cage he'll be one win from a title shot. #ChampBJ2020

Judge Joe Solis scored the contest 49-46 Penn
niI4CY4.png

Dana is such a scumbag. No way in hell should he have been booked to fight after his last bout with Edgar.

It's so sad when fighters stay around too long and ruin their health especially when they have plenty of money and don't need to hang around way too long.

BTW anyone thinking that those air bags can't KO them is delusional. Those fucking things are fucking brutal when they deploy.

This. A lot of stupidity in this thread. There is a reason it’s illegal to have kids in the front seat until a certain age.

Also, here is BJ saying it's over, in 2014 and it's quite emotional. He should have retired here, but he only knows how to fight.

It's right at the beginning, pretty sad. It's like he knew he was at rock bottom, now he's in a bottomless pit falling forever.

I would argue that this fight as well as the Rory fight weren't necessary.

He should have retired after the Diaz fight. After that fight he was saying how he didn't want to go home to his kids looking like this. I think that was his moment, because when you really put it into perspective, his second welterweight run wasn't shameful. He beat Hughes in the trilogy, drew with Fitch who was No. 2 in the world, and lost to Nick after winning the first round.

Everything after that fight was just awful to watch. I think the only round he won after that was the one with the knockdown against Siver.

This. A lot of stupidity in this thread. There is a reason it’s illegal to have kids in the front seat until a certain age.

Don't disagree with you, but it's still pretty fucking funny.

The news said the truck was registered under his mom's business.

Dana is such a scumbag. No way in hell should he have been booked to fight after his last bout with Edgar.
He made it sound like BJ begged him, so it's not like Dana was trying to get him to headline a PPV.

K'oed by an airbag? Holy shit, we are reaching Mark Sanchez butt fumble levels of shame here lol.

Obvious brain damage is obvious. Kinda sad tbh but he should've hung them up before he took so many ridiculous beatings and shouldn't have taken so many fights at WW against guys like Rory.

Whatever is going on with you BJ, I hope you can find some peace with yourself and find another purpose in life. Last thing we want to hear is you getting KO'd by a big wave while surfing.

I’d still rather get ko’d by a airbag than by that drunk bums left hook

Better question is why the fuck is BJ Penn, the first two weight UFC champ, driving a Tacoma?

Get an american made truck with a side rail to step in and a sunroof.

Ford F-150 (/250/350)
Dodge Ram 1500
GMC Sierra
Chevy Silverado

Didn't someone here say that pretty much every male in Hawaii has a Tacoma lol. You'll have to ask a local, hopefully someone from Hawaii can answer if its true on this forum.

I laughed too, but airbag and fat guy slap jokes aside, accidents can be messed up.

If the forces in a car accident allows seatbelts to make these marks, who knows what an airbag can do to the brain.
nz-transport-seatbelt-crash-survivors-7.jpg

Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) two-division champion, BJ Penn, was hospitalized earlier this week after crashing his Toyota Tacoma in Hilo, Hawaii, an incident that prompted police to launch a DUI investigation.

But what law enforcement has reported may not be in line with what actually happened, according to family rep Gary Levitt, who told MMA Fighting that photos from the scene of the wreck will contradict the current narrative.

”No one has the facts yet, and from the facts we have looked at, the truck never flipped, there was not extensive damage on it that they say there was, and B.J. was, in fact, knocked out because the front airbag deployed,” Levitt said. “He was taken to the hospital and then a short time later, he was taken for scans because he was knocked out and he was going in and out. Then, they released him from the hospital.”

It’s been a rough couple of years for Penn, 41, who lost seven straight fights inside the Octagon. In addition to multiple street fights, “The Prodigy” has also seen his fair share of alcohol-related incidents in his native Hawaii (like this one).

Penn (16-14) was expected to have his farewell fight last November, but video leaked of yet another bar brawl and promotion president, Dana White, was forced to pull the plug in hopes the former lightweight could focus on his personal problems.

315665ecd54748a2b85d832cb9d2cd5a_md.jpg

2410b917da9647dab6c1b6824598c93c_md.jpg

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/2/13/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
I've drove them home worse than that lol...

I pray that Baby Jay can get himself together. He needs an intervention, immediately.

Back