News BJ Penn Knocked out by airbag in crash

Schaub

@PureSpectrumCBD use promo code “Schaub” 20% off
@purple
Reaction score
Former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) two-division champion, BJ Penn, was hospitalized earlier this week after crashing his Toyota Tacoma in Hilo, Hawaii, an incident that prompted police to launch a DUI investigation.

But what law enforcement has reported may not be in line with what actually happened, according to family rep Gary Levitt, who told MMA Fighting that photos from the scene of the wreck will contradict the current narrative.

”No one has the facts yet, and from the facts we have looked at, the truck never flipped, there was not extensive damage on it that they say there was, and B.J. was, in fact, knocked out because the front airbag deployed,” Levitt said. “He was taken to the hospital and then a short time later, he was taken for scans because he was knocked out and he was going in and out. Then, they released him from the hospital.”

It’s been a rough couple of years for Penn, 41, who lost seven straight fights inside the Octagon. In addition to multiple street fights, “The Prodigy” has also seen his fair share of alcohol-related incidents in his native Hawaii (like this one).

Penn (16-14) was expected to have his farewell fight last November, but video leaked of yet another bar brawl and promotion president, Dana White, was forced to pull the plug in hopes the former lightweight could focus on his personal problems.

315665ecd54748a2b85d832cb9d2cd5a_md.jpg

2410b917da9647dab6c1b6824598c93c_md.jpg

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/2/13/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Dude needs to get his life together. I am sure there is a reason he smashed his vehicle and it probably was drug and/or alcohol related.

Now a bag of air has KO'd BJ...

Damn, that's embarrassing.

GNhhZU.gif

airbags don't just deploy when you're driving, and there appears to be minimal damage to the truck. I'd guess that his loss of consciousness was substance-related.

Damn glass chin gets shattered weekly now

This dude aint doing great.

Man, I really hate seeing all these headlines about BJ Penn. He seems to be in a bad place in life. I hope he can find something to be passionate about again and find his purpose in life after fighting.

Also, here is BJ saying it's over, in 2014 and it's quite emotional. He should have retired here, but he only knows how to fight.

It's right at the beginning, pretty sad. It's like he knew he was at rock bottom, now he's in a bottomless pit falling forever.

Judge Joe Solis scored the contest 49-46 Penn
niI4CY4.png

Im glad that he's ok.... But he's got that Chuck Liddell chin these days. {<jordan}

Not going to lie I thought this was some kind of joke lol.

I worry this same thing would happen to my Mom
She’s also small and sits too close to the steering wheel.

Official record is 16-14

But now he is a 0.500 fighter after all with these 2 KO loses.

What's next, a knockout by children's party balloon?

Apparently he was in the back seat and the airbag still koed him

Dude needs to get his life together. I am sure there is a reason he smashed his vehicle and it probably was drug and/or alcohol related.

this is probably the first time in bj penn's life, where he has no idea what to do with himself, or his life. his life has always been about fighting. and then all of a sudden, it's gone. it doesn't help that he has a lot of money, and so that allows him to have all this free time to get into trouble. he probably has a lot of yes-men around him, condoning the behavior. maybe this is rock-bottom for him? we'll see if he decides to change his ways.

Back