News BJ Penn Knocked out by airbag in crash

Dude needs to get his life together. I am sure there is a reason he smashed his vehicle and it probably was drug and/or alcohol related.

Look at the front left tire, it’s flat. That could easily explain the accident. And, I’m no fan of Penn. I’m just not jumping to conclusions.

Imagine getting KO'd by a car air bag. It's a literal "pillow fist". /s

Judge Joe Solis scored the contest 49-46 Penn
niI4CY4.png

my abs are sore asf and I'm in pain but it's funny as fuck

From the picture, it doesn't look like the Airbags were deployed. I know the driver side would be difficult to see at that angle, but the passenger side would look like the glove box was open and we would see the airbags in the doors. His car really doesn't look like it even has gone through enough for the airbags to deploy.

These threads are always full of people who obviously have such shitty lives they bag on fighters to make themselves feel better. Low self esteem much, Sherbros?

Haven’t you guys heard about all these airbag recalls? Takata makes almost all of them for every manufacturer. They are going off by themselves in some cases.

GNhhZU.gif

airbags don't just deploy when you're driving, and there appears to be minimal damage to the truck. I'd guess that his loss of consciousness was substance-related.

I don't see air bag deployment in those photos. Would like to see interior shots.

However the front tire is dislodged and the SRS computer may interpret the sudden deceleration/stop, and intertial forces as impact and set off the bag.

Last edited:
this is probably the first time in bj penn's life, where he has no idea what to do with himself, or his life. his life has always been about fighting. and then all of a sudden, it's gone. it doesn't help that he has a lot of money, and so that allows him to have all this free time to get into trouble. he probably has a lot of yes-men around him, condoning the behavior. maybe this is rock-bottom for him? we'll see if he decides to change his ways.

I don't see why he doesn't start coaching fighters? That way he can at least live vicariously through his students.

BJ keeps finding novel ways of getting KOd.

Next KOs: garden rakes, light poles, kitchen counters

Look at the front left tire, it’s flat. That could easily explain the accident. And, I’m no fan of Penn. I’m just not jumping to conclusions.

I don't know. Other than the blown front tire I don't see any damage to the truck. Maybe it's the other side that's caved in or something, but the truck looks unscratched except for the front tire.

Back