Bj Penn getting free rides for not building more mass

Why is this retarded and completely irrelevant thread still in the first page?

Did wasteland run out of room?

185 suddenly became 205 lean body mass reaching for your argument to work ? If he is 185 he already is ok size for ww
185 is a weight class where everyone weights 200-210 lbs. At WW, I was talking about 5'8 guys. That 1" actually makes a big difference on being able to be a WW naturally.

Sherdoggers have a fetish for fighters who are similar to them physically. They love BJ because he's soft and small and can't seem to pack on mass. They love Fedor for having a dad bod and being undersized etc.

You mean clean fighters? "Can't seem to pack on mass" lol. Like it's just as easy as adding 15 pounds of muscle in a short time, as these juice monkeys make it seem, especially in bj's era.

He might not have had any intention of spending that long at 170 or bigger. He knows he can't stick around in that division forever because the opponents are too big. t
I dont think thats it. He saw WW's make more money at that time and wanted the BIG fights (hughes/gsp) and to take that glory and prestige they had for himself. Adding bulk doesnt even enter bj's mind. His conditioning at WW was allready a problem,what is adding more muscle going to do? He was ahead of the game technically for so long,and certainly was not afraid to take hits so he didnt care about adding size,he just wanted to get in there and scrap. We have seen he is a guy who is not that dedicated to his training,he already has it in his head that hes good enough to beat anyone,anywhere, at any time. Thats what his fans liked about him,but it wound up being a detriment once the game caught up to him,and he never really changed. Going to 145 was out of desperation,he should have never done it.Despite that,wha he has done deserves respect. He was willing to fight anyone regardless of the circumstances,and made the weight needed to make it happen,unlike Cyborg.

stick to low inteligence drill rap music and shooting each other in the face ? And eating crack, dude you´re supposed to smoke that shit not munch on it
Shit poster alert.

dude we are talking about being 5´9 and getting to 185

heck Mark Hunt and Igor Ice Cold (don´t make me spell out his last name) were of similar height and trained just as hard and weighed one over 265 the other also a real heavyweight

That's nice. I'm talking about gaining lean mass when you're training your dick off with cardio.

if he was the same weight they by the definition of the word big can only be taller or more rangy, imo

<{hughesimpress}> Just let it go man. You trolled the board for some responses and you got them. You know good and well that what BJ was able to do in his era of MMA was amazing. If you want act like some naturally chubby small Hawaiin dude wasn't the toughest MMA fighter of all time all because he didn't bulk up into some sort of body builder physique, then you might as well write moron on your forehead and walk around to save people the time.

185 is a weight class where everyone weights 200-210 lbs. At WW, I was talking about 5'8 guys. That 1" actually makes a big difference on being able to be a WW naturally.

I siad cut from 185 to ww, bulk to 185 then cut to 170 ww, where did you get middleweights form in a Bj Penn discussion

That's nice. I'm talking about gaining lean mass when you're training your dick off with cardio.

why don´t hunt and igor lose mass training theri dicks off with cardio, fact is they eat 3 times what bj eats, or 4

wasn´t BJ known to have trained 10 hours daily, cause he was born wealthy and could just train, and getting his black belt in 3 years ? Maybe he naturally sucks at being athletic. Though like someone said he is not really unathletic being a two division champ and having had such a career.

Lazy? Fuck yes. Unatheletic no way. The only time he trained S&C seriously with Marinovich, he was literally a blood drinking monster.
Was he all jacked and cut? No. People have unrealistic visions, due to PED abusers, of what a true in shape, NATURAL fighter would look like. BJ penn when he was with Marv, Nate Diaz, Floyd jr, for example.

<{hughesimpress}> Just let it go man. You trolled the board for some responses and you got them. You know good and well that what BJ was able to do in his era of MMA was amazing. If you want act like some naturally chubby small Hawaiin dude wasn't the toughest MMA fighter of all time all because he didn't bulk up into some sort of body builder physique, then you might as well write moron on your forehead and walk around to save people the time.

i´m not trolling, he can´t be the toughest of all time he literally quit vs GSP.

He was one of the best, one of them, during the first half of his career he was one of the very best, latter he essentially lost all top fights.

Must hurt for a Bj Penn fan to see this

20140706091359_cccc.PNG

:D:D:D:D:D

I´m posting it cause yall have been rosting me

You mean clean fighters? "Can't seem to pack on mass" lol. Like it's just as easy as adding 15 pounds of muscle in a short time, as these juice monkeys make it seem, especially in bj's era.

This. Not a fan of BJ...but I think him not being able to 'bulk up' is because he is one of the few clean fighters.

Not a fan of BJ...but I think him not being able to 'bulk up' is because he is one of the few clean fighters.

how do you know he doesn´t take steroids ? and everybody else does

I siad cut from 185 to ww, bulk to 185 then cut to 170 ww, where did you get middleweights form in a Bj Penn discussion
Only ~1% of 5'9 men would be able to bulk to a lean 185 lbs naturally without even doing MMA.. With MMA, it's like 1/1000.

BJ Penn was just a normal 5'8-5'9 man. There's no way he could ever be a legit 170 lber because he could never be a lean 185 lbs without steroids.

Only ~1% of 5'9 men would be able to bulk to a lean 185 lbs naturally without even doing MMA.. With MMA, it's like 1/1000.

BJ Penn was just a normal 5'8-5'9 man. There's no way he could ever be a legit 170 lber because he could never be a lean 185 lbs without steroids.

anybody else thinks this is crazy ?

he didn´t have his belt during the losses, as the title said this is about the losses, the second ww stint

He was lazy plus he tried to box em up, which he surprisingly was able to go nearly every 1st round.
I think staying light rather than bulking would be good if you want to stand and bang. But the clinches and ground fighting is where he lost because of the size.

I dont think thats it. He saw WW's make more money at that time and wanted the BIG fights (hughes/gsp) and to take that glory and prestige they had for himself. Adding bulk doesnt even enter bj's mind. His conditioning at WW was allready a problem,what is adding more muscle going to do? He was ahead of the game technically for so long,and certainly was not afraid to take hits so he didnt care about adding size,he just wanted to get in there and scrap. We have seen he is a guy who is not that dedicated to his training,he already has it in his head that hes good enough to beat anyone,anywhere, at any time. Thats what his fans liked about him,but it wound up being a detriment once the game caught up to him,and he never really changed. Going to 145 was out of desperation,he should have never done it.Despite that,wha he has done deserves respect. He was willing to fight anyone regardless of the circumstances,and made the weight needed to make it happen,unlike Cyborg.

Exactly what I was going to say, basically he figures he can eat spam up to your weight and kick your ass. Did it result in some bad losses? Sure, but still, Just scrap. A true warrior, fearless, least concerned how big you are or his won health. If people can't see why The Prodigy is respected that's sad.
Conor's the man, but dudes jizz cause he fought in "3" weight classes. Penn fought in what 4? 5? Well above his natural weight. Heaps of natural talent, but sadly, very little motivation(LOL).

But as it stands.....Marinovich BJ = GOAT

He was lazy plus he tried to box em up, which he surprisingly was able to go nearly every 1st round.
I think staying light rather than bulking would be good if you want to stand and bang. But the clinches and ground fighting is where he lost because of the size.

true but in my opinion it was cause of his own fault, not getting bigger. yet his fans say "ah he was the smaller man", so why not bulk up, or why say the loss is not important it was vs a bigger guy

Back