Bj Penn getting free rides for not building more mass

It takes a very long time to get there and get used to first of all. So why are you ragging him for taking WW fights while he still had his LW belt to defend in between and not bulking for WW?

He was supposed to be open to fight a variety of opponents.

he didn´t have his belt during the losses, as the title said this is about the losses, the second ww stint

Ts, I'm gonna guess that you are Nik Lentz

clues: you speak as if your superior to the members in this community, mentioning crack, and ripping on BJ

quote me ripping on Bj

You think he is doing this for an excuse, when it's the opposite, he just doesn't care.

The only problem with delusion, is your own projection of what you think his motives are, if you were in his situation.

Not everyone is weak, looking for excuses if they fail. Some people just don't care and want to test themselves.

I siad his fans make the excuses not him, reading fail

really, dude,. it´s just 190 pounds

If you have top 1% genetics and all you do is bodybuild, no cardio training, no MMA training, and have an absolutely perfect diet, then your maximum genetic potential @ 5'8 is a lean 190-195 lbs.

5'8 is really small and most people over-estimate the size that natural athletes can achieve. People were looking at Ubereem and saying that it was just good genetics and hard work lol.

The reason we see so many muscled guys fighting is steroids.

Honest answer:

BJ Penn was a small guy naturally and a martial artist who prioritised technique over body image.

He came to MMA as the world champion in BJJ at featherweight, by UFC standards that's weighing in at 153 on the day of competition.

Hence, he didn't really cut much weight for his first run at 155.

There was no weight class below 155.

Once they dissolved the 155 weight class he had to move up to 170.

He did try to bulk up for the first Hughes fight and he did put on a couple of pounds of muscle but it is very hard to do in your mid twenties whilst training five hours a day with the amount of cortisol these guys produce. Unless they are using AAS which shutdown your cortisol production.

After the Hughes fight things went to his head a bit.

so he trained 5 hours a day, yet everyone else in tihs thread says he was lazy. It´s not hard with cortisol if you eat enough calories, I would know, it´s he maybe sucks at eating a lot.

It's hard (not impossible) to put on size when you're training for a fight.

Unless you have some chemical assistance.

Take BJ as role-model and see how far your MMA career goes. He's not called "The Prodigy" for nothing: anybody else would have failed years before with that kind of training. But BJ is not anybody. He has the natural talent and a facility to learn that is very uncommon.

I'm a hater and I can admit it: nobody else could have gone that far with the "Just Scrap" approach. Young guys that have him as an idol don't even use the Just Scrap approach. Take Holloway: he will not say no to a scrap but he comes prepared!

wasn´t BJ known to have trained 10 hours daily, cause he was born wealthy and could just train, and getting his black belt in 3 years ? Maybe he naturally sucks at being athletic. Though like someone said he is not really unathletic being a two division champ and having had such a career.

too funny, ever lifted a barbell ?
Yes. No one is 5'9 205 lbs lean naturally except for a small handful of elite natural bodybuilders and (lots) people on steroids.

The guys that big at your local gym are using steroids.

If you had his life, and his money, and his "punchers chance"...you also might find it hard to muster the motivation to lift heavy.

I personally not, we´re different, what bothers me would be all the damage I would have to take that lasts a lifetime

Why does Bj Penn get praise for coming in small vs WW fighters, when he knew when the fight was gonna be, agreed to it and still didn´t put on enough weight to not be at a size disatvantage ?

Like is he not athletic enough to bulk up to 185 then cut to 170 so his fans don´t have the free ride excuse "he was smaller" ? BTW he is 5´9 tall.

Is his hype comming from people brainwashing themselves trough browsin BjPenn.com daily and then becoming loyal to the point of delusion.

<{hughesimpress}> This guy obviously has no understanding of the human body. He actually thinks that adding muscle and thickness would have made BJ a better fighter to make him retain more water weight and lose some of that great flexibility he was known for back then. TS thinks that those guys still wouldn't be bigger than him any way.

<{hughesimpress}> TS also thinks he is in year 2005.

So what's the real point of this shit thread ?

I'm sensing it has nothing to do with Penn. Who whines about shit like this years later ? TS wanted a LW to put on MW mass ? So, he could then have to cut 30 lbs to fight in his natural division ?? I must be missing something. What the fuck is this guy even trying to say ?

Just some asshole crotch cricket, or what ?

Fuck off clown. Whatever your deal is. Your mind is gibbled. You are likely to never add any conversation of consequence here. So, just hit the fuckin road, douchebag.

It's hard (not impossible) to put on size when you're training for a fight.

Unless you have some chemical assistance.

dude we are talking about being 5´9 and getting to 185

heck Mark Hunt and Igor Ice Cold (don´t make me spell out his last name) were of similar height and trained just as hard and weighed one over 265 the other also a real heavyweight

Yes. No one is 5'9 205 lbs lean naturally except for a small handful of elite natural bodybuilders and (lots) people on steroids.

The guys that big at your local gym are using steroids.

185 suddenly became 205 lean body mass reaching for your argument to work ? If he is 185 he already is ok size for ww

<{hughesimpress}> This guy obviously has no understanding of the human body. He actually thinks that adding muscle and thickness would have made BJ a better fighter to make him retain more water weight and lose some of that great flexibility he was known for back then. TS thinks that those guys still wouldn't be bigger than him any way.

<{hughesimpress}> TS also thinks he is in year 2005.

if he was the same weight they by the definition of the word big can only be taller or more rangy, imo

So what's the real point of this shit thread ?

I'm sensing it has nothing to do with Penn. Who whines about shit like this years later ? TS wanted a LW to put on MW mass ? So, he could then have to cut 30 lbs to fight in his natural division ?? I must be missing something. What the fuck is this guy even trying to say ?

Just some asshole crotch cricket, or what ?

Fuck off clown. Whatever your deal is. Your mind is gibbled. You are likely to never add any conversation of consequence here. So, just hit the fuckin road, douchebag.

amazing post, I love it

Back