Bj Penn getting free rides for not building more mass

Exactly what I was going to say, basically he figures he can eat spam up to your weight and kick your ass. Did it result in some bad losses? Sure, but still, Just scrap. A true warrior, fearless, least concerned how big you are or his won health. If people can't see why The Prodigy is respected that's sad.
Conor's the man, but dudes jizz cause he fought in "3" weight classes. Penn fought in what 4? 5? Well above his natural weight. Heaps of natural talent, but sadly, very little motivation(LOL).

But as it stands.....Marinovich BJ = GOAT

who doesn´t see why he is respected ? Nobody in this thread.

I said why do his fans act like it doesn´t count when he losses to someone bigger. It´s his own shortcoming for not bulking up 1 weight category.

anybody else thinks this is crazy ?
Virtually everyone taking steroids nowadays distorts peoples' views on what is accomplishable naturally. Tons of guys at your gym are on steroids. So, if you base what you think is possible on what you see in the gym, you're going to be wrong.

Yes, training and nutrition is better now. But that doesn't make that big of a difference. Eat healthy and pick up heavy stuff is 99.9% of everything that isn't bro-science and people knew that in the 1800s too.

Modern scientific studies of maximum natural genetic potential pretty much agree with the 1895 picture.

msHvXAW.jpg

true but in my opinion it was cause of his own fault, not getting bigger. yet his fans say "ah he was the smaller man", so why not bulk up, or why say the loss is not important it was vs a bigger guy

The losses weren't "not important", but there is an asterisks there. He was a machine at his proper weight class and yet he dared fight at WW for a long time. We admire that, even if he lost. He gave a lot of them trouble, which is impressive.

Virtually everyone taking steroids nowadays distorts peoples' views on what is accomplishable naturally. Tons of guys at your gym are on steroids. So, if you base what you think is possible on what you see in the gym, you're going to be wrong.

Yes, training and nutrition is better now. But that doesn't make that big of a difference. Eat healthy and pick up heavy stuff is 99.9% of everything that isn't bro-science and people knew that in the 1800s too.

Modern scientific studies of maximum natural genetic potential pretty much agree with the 1895 picture.

msHvXAW.jpg

yes people are entirely deluded by fake natty fittnes youtubers facebookers but dude 5´9 and 185 is not something you MUST take steroids for, doesn´t have to be 7% bf

so he can get credit for losing fights, of course.

#pennlife

who doesn´t see why he is respected ? Nobody in this thread.

I said why do his fans act like it doesn´t count when he losses to someone bigger. It´s his own shortcoming for not bulking up 1 weight category.

Oh they count for sure but your saying bulk up like he just throws on 15/20 pounds of muscle like it's nothing. People's vision is skewed by steroid users. Look at Penn during the Marinovich fights where he was in top shape, cardio for 5th round finishes, speed, power. That's what an in shape, hardworking fighter (BJ in this thread) would look like.
As I said before Diaz Bros or Money May for example. They can't just add muscle rapidly like that. Floyd has to eat up till the weigh in to make 154.
Fans expect fighters to have action figure frames power/strength + cardio. It's not there fault though, it's the cheaters.
If your cardio is incredible, your strength will understandably suffer, even if it's just a bit. Reversely, if you train for power/strength overpower your opponent whatever, your cardio would, obviously suffer.

Its genetics. Both diaz have a lanky, skinny build and its hard to change that, especially without roids. Sure they have more musclemass than when they were teenagers but this guys will never look like overeem or lesnar. Though I think by time it will get hard for nate to make LW just because of how tall he is.

Lol BJ ain't lifting weights, he always hated strength and conditioning

You you know how bad "bodybuilder BJ" would gas out?

yes people are entirely deluded by fake natty fittnes youtubers facebookers but dude 5´9 and 185 is not something you MUST take steroids for, doesn´t have to be 7% bf
I really don't know what goes on in BJ's camp to give a perfectly detailed analysis. But saying "hey he's XX cm tall he should easily be able to gain that muscle mass" is realistically a random claim.
Also you keep saying 1 weight class. MMA weight classes are double what combat sport weight classes are today(MT, kickboxing, boxing.. etc).
You really think Matt Hughes needs to put on mass to reach WW? he's basically the same hight as BJ, but if u look at the weidth of his shoulders and bulk/measurments of his rest of his body he's built like a tank since birth. Why are you so concentrated on this one piece of measurement(height) is beyond me. I hope I'm being clear enough here.
The fact that BJ is able to cut down to FW should tell u alot too, Sean "Roid Shark" Sherk was ripped as a body builder with "suppliments" to get to WW.

most extreme example, Ken-Flo is taller than everybody I just mentioned, and his ideal career weight was FW.

Guys in this sport already have their hands full with striking, bjj, S&C, and you want him to focus mainly on bodybuilding up 2 fight weight classes as a fully grown adult.

Oh they count for sure but your saying bulk up like he just throws on 15/20 pounds of muscle like it's nothing. People's vision is skewed by steroid users. Look at Penn during the Marinovich fights where he was in top shape, cardio for 5th round finishes, speed, power. That's what an in shape, hardworking fighter (BJ in this thread) would look like.
As I said before Diaz Bros or Money May for example. They can't just add muscle rapidly like that. Floyd has to eat up till the weigh in to make 154.
Fans expect fighters to have action figure frames power/strength + cardio. It's not there fault though, it's the cheaters.
If your cardio is incredible, your strength will understandably suffer, even if it's just a bit. Reversely, if you train for power/strength overpower your opponent whatever, your cardio would, obviously suffer.

post proof that cardio suffers when strength power increases and vice versa. proof, scientific articles, not oh some bodybuilder bulked up his cardio sucked

but big ups fro not trolling like the rest and talking like a adult, props

Its genetics. Both diaz have a lanky, skinny build and its hard to change that, especially without roids. Sure they have more musclemass than when they were teenagers but this guys will never look like overeem or lesnar. Though I think by time it will get hard for nate to make LW just because of how tall he is.

Everybody takes steroids - Nate Diaz. Notice that includes him too

Who cares about him anyways

He wasted so much talent.

If he had the drive and motivation of a gsp then he would be unstoppable at any weight cause he was so naturally gifted.

But he isn't motivated and has no drive so get this last fight over with and let's not talk about him.

BJ is a legend and his lack of motivation took him further than 99% of the population who were actually motivated to do something bigger. His lazy ass is better than most athletes at their absolute best, on the best substances, with the best teams, training their asses off.

He's been looking good lately. He left Hawaii and the yes men behind to do solid camps at Jack-Wink's and despite having his return set back several times and having some nasty allegations thrown his way, hes still ready to do the damn thing and keeps signing up to fight dangerous opponents instead of crushing a can.

Who are you to say he's not motivated?

I really don't know what goes on in BJ's camp to give a perfectly detailed analysis. But saying "hey he's XX cm tall he should easily be able to gain that muscle mass" is realistically a random claim.
Also you keep saying 1 weight class. MMA weight classes are double what combat sport weight classes are today(MT, kickboxing, boxing.. etc).
You really think Matt Hughes needs to put on mass to reach WW? he's basically the same hight as BJ, but if u look at the weidth of his shoulders and bulk/measurments of his rest of his body he's built like a tank since birth. Why are you so concentrated on this one piece of measurement(height) is beyond me. I hope I'm being clear enough here.
The fact that BJ is able to cut down to FW should tell u alot too, Sean "Roid Shark" Sherk was ripped as a body builder with "suppliments" to get to WW.

most extreme example, Ken-Flo is taller than everybody I just mentioned, and his ideal career weight was FW.

Guys in this sport already have their hands full with striking, bjj, S&C, and you want him to focus mainly on bodybuilding up 2 fight weight classes as a fully grown adult.

dude gain 17 pounds it´s not being a pro bodybuilder

Rumble was ww , legit ww and moved up to HW to fight Arlovski, you guys severely underestimate diet on body mass and compositon, I used to be 84 kg in shape could´ve still lost 3-4 kg fat, now I´m 106kg and besides the shitty reach fro HW I could bulk up to 115 kg. Maybe I got a universal build, but c´mon BJ can go up to 185, it´s just 17 pounds.

Hughes trained like a real athlete, BJ is a ufc fighter a champion of course I hold him to higher standards to put in effort, Hughes trained and lifted massive amounts of weights and ate a lot of good food, he was NOT born wide, find a young teen pic of him he will not be ripped with boulders for shoulders.

If BJ can´t bulk up effectively for WW then how did he weigh in 191 vs Machida ?

hqdefault.jpg

BJ is a legend and his lack of motivation took him further than 99% of the population who were actually motivated to do something bigger. His lazy ass is better than most athletes at their absolute best, on the best substances, with the best teams, training their asses off.

He's been looking good lately. He left Hawaii and the yes men behind to do solid camps at Jack-Wink's and despite having his return set back several times and having some nasty allegations thrown his way, hes still ready to do the damn thing and keeps signing up to fight dangerous opponents instead of crushing a can.

Who are you to say he's not motivated?

Lol dude where did I say he was not motivated, a legend , a bad ass, talented, a all time great, two division champ ect I just said his ww losses are real , he actualy lost, and his weight disatvantage was his OWN fault so don´t say "ah ah he was small", then bulk up, you did vs Lyoto.

Why does Bj Penn get praise for coming in small vs WW fighters, when he knew when the fight was gonna be, agreed to it and still didn´t put on enough weight to not be at a size disatvantage ?

Like is he not athletic enough to bulk up to 185 then cut to 170 so his fans don´t have the free ride excuse "he was smaller" ? BTW he is 5´9 tall.

Is his hype comming from people brainwashing themselves trough browsin BjPenn.com daily and then becoming loyal to the point of delusion.
to have an excuse when he loose

I post Bj´s fans, so not him his fans, say his ww losses count less cause he was small

what sherdogers must see " dude said BJ isn´t a legend, BJ wasn´t talented, BJ wasn´t a all time Great"

sherdog gon sherdog

Back