Bj Penn bandwaggon crash. how many survived?

Just posted this in another thread before seeing this one:

Fuck the haters. They never watched a fight live pre Penn v Edgar II. They look at the record and that's all they see. You have to learn to ignore these kind of people on sherdog.

He was a man who loved to scrap. He was damn good at it too. He is one of only two men to hold belts in more than one division. By the end of his career he will have fought at Featherweight, Lightweight, Welterweight and what could be considered Heavyweight with Lyoto Machida outweighing him 220-191; and BJ kept it a competitive fight.

The man is a fighter and he deserves your respect.

I, for one, truly believe that this is the perfect comeback fight. It's against his biggest rival, in a new weightclass. TUF will give him time to fuel a hatred of the upmost intensity that he will harness into productivity. His training at NU with Aldo will be fantastic for him. He will beat Edgar.

He will replace Aldo as champ when Aldo takes the lightweight strap.

I know the future.

I'm a Penn fan to the death. He was one of the first names I heard and saw fight. I think he's gonna take Frankie out back the old wood shed, finish him, and make a run at the 145 belt. You better fucking believe it.

I'm a Penn fan to the death.

th

biggest hype train the UFC ever put on wheels and that's saying a lot. The guys win ratio is only 1.6:1. That's hardly in the class of any of the UFC greats like Liddell, Jones, Silva, or Machida.

Did he build a big name? Yes because the UFC gave him repeated unearned title shots in multiple classes.

Did he ever deliver? Yes, once for a brief time in the LW division.

Has he ever been great? Opinions vary greatly. I think in certain fights yes but as a career fighter no way, no how. His record speaks for itself.

/End BJ Penn

Penn fan for life. Especially in this modern age of bland wrestle-box athletes in mma, a true personality is rare. He is larger than life in a way no current champ is [now that Anderson lost his title].

Right now in their careers, not a fucking chance. Gomis decline has been a lot less then BJs. Both are still legends of the sport.

BJ would open up at -400 against Gomi right now

So hes now gonna smash edgar because hes smaller? Penns cardio will be worse probably, lucky its only 3 rounds!! BJ will be rusty and little- edgar beat bj prime so he will smash this bj easy

One of the best fighters to ever walk on the octogon. I will always be a fan.

i know, it's just BJ nuthuggers being disrespectful towards one of the greats in Gomi.

Let's just leave it at Gomi > Bj Penn. And we just move on to more uncertain and unclear topics.

We get it dude you watched Pride and the UFC sucks. BJ is a two division champion with highlight reel finishes in his title defenses and fought multiple guys that were enormous compared to him and even did well against a few of them. Just give it a rest.

LOL @ the Penn v Gomi discussion.

They are both all time greats imo.

I just started a bj penn thread, and 11 of the first 12 responses were smartass responses from immature virgin's on this board.

Bjs bandwagon is plagued with fairweather fans(people who only support him when he does good, then call him washed up when he loses), so his bandwagon isn't as big as it appears.

I'll always be a fan of the prodigy because he would fighter much bigget opponents that were just as skilled. Most fighters are too scared to even try it.

Pride Gomi > Bj Penn > Shooto Gomi coming off a loss fighting in a cage for the first time in Hawaii in BJ Penn's fighting organization

Finishing Gomi > buttload of excuses.

I love me some fireball kid and think Gomi is 2nd best all time lw but BJ is easily the Goat.

Never been knocked down never been knocked out

Back