Bj Penn bandwaggon crash. how many survived?

Even though he may not go down as the greatest like he wanted to, he's most certainly one of the most naturally talented fighters in MMA history.

You probably don't hear as much bc he hasn't fought and looked good in a while...but he's still one of the top 3 GOAT p4p fighters in MMA history.

If BJ comes into the best shape of his life, there's no telling how much faster and stronger he can be, and how much of an advantage it could impose for the Featherweight Division...

This Bj, maybe the scariest Bj of them all. It's all about adding muscle mass and having a couple of % body fat(mixed in with conditioning). If he can do that, then he can rise immensely from the ashes to ashes and the dusts to dusts... No more, no more, does this bird have a heart of a Raven anymore, but a Phoenix of a hungry warrior...

ill always support bj!

BJ Penn was thought to be one of the best ever. He fought Machida, beat Hughes moving up a weightclass, and definitely looked as good at LW as any champion right now in their own respective weight class.

But, strangely enough, very few of his fans are left over who still holds him even half as highly as they have done before. He did lose a couple in a row, but it's almost as if his bandwaggon just went off the cliff and everyone on board got thrown out in the middle of air. In comparison, Fedor lost three in a row, but it doesn't look like his bandwaggon went off track even slightly.

Where are you BJ Penn Fans? Fight to the death, he will think I'm God himself, motivated Penn is coming. Where you at?

Penn never really had a bandwagon, just a bunch of hardcore old school fans who liked the guy because he always came to fight regardless of weight class. The only people who call his fanbase a "bandwagon" are idiots who barely started watching the sport and are probably obsessed with big biceps and abs.

the bandwagon fans left. you know why? cuz that's what bandwagon fans do.

Exactly right.

In fact, the term "bandwagon fans" is very oxymoronic term - since fan means fanatic, and if you are a fanatic you are crazy about something; bandwagoners on the other hand are NOT crazy about something if they only support something when winning.

I admire his skills.

However I think he is grossly overrated. If he started his career now as a young man, he wouldn't have created the legacy he did.

Never left still here. And i'm prolly delusional but I still think he beats Edgar in the third fight.

i know, it's just BJ nuthuggers being disrespectful towards one of the greats in Gomi.

Let's just leave it at Gomi > Bj Penn. And we just move on to more uncertain and unclear topics.
Can't believe I even bit on this troll

Frankie Edgar nuthugger checking in.

I do respect BJ though, just not his idiot fans who shit on Frankie. :p

Okay, I think this thread is rather going off track and not what I wanted this thread this to be about.

I will admit that BJ fans want to think that Bj's better than Gomi, and that want to disregard the fact that Gomi fought for the very first time in cage, in Hawaii, in no other than Bj's Penn's own fighting organization, and had one unfair stand up going against himself. Let's say I admit that Bj's fanboys, i mean , fans want to think that Bj Penn's better than Gomi, just because of one fight. I'm sure Serra's better than GSP too. Or Soj over Lil Nog. Pity Gomi never had a chance to avenge his loss, which would've been a lock, but I should say I would admit that you guys wouldn't change your mind on your misguided notion of who is better.

Let's say Bj is better than Gomi. I mean, it doesn't change the fact who is really a better LW.

Ken flo > gomi ... Nate diaz > gomi ... Sanchez > gomi

BJ Penn was thought to be one of the best ever.

You fail in the first sentence. BJ is one of the best ever. BJ nuthuggers were pretty stupid back in the days, but probably not as stupid as those that don't recognize BJ's legacy.

Im going to guess he lost a lot of fans because apart from a nearly retired Hughes, his last actual win was 2009... given its nearly 2014... Hes about to go 1 - 5 - 1 in his last 7 with three consecutive losses to Frankie and three brutal arse beatings by GSP, Diaz and Rory.

...or it could be the constant excuses after every loss... or crying and getting his mummy to testify for him in front of the athletic comission after GSP kicked the crap out of him.

...or the repeated lies about being in shape and motivated followed by gassing in one round.

...Or the rediculous crap talking he does... "To the death George" before quitting in between rounds etc.

...or being a waste of talent with no work ethic.

Pick one really, Im sure there are even more reasons he has lost fans.

When your career is based on excuses and not wins (no motivation, greasing, wrong weight-class) you have to ask some serious questions.

I mean, getting his face stamped on by Machida and attempting a few rabbit punches apparently a selling point for this guy.

I'm a bj penn fan. The guy is like minowaman except the bigger guys he fought were some of the best in the world.

...and didnt beat any of the not named Hughes. Why his nuthuggers give him credit for taking and losing stupid fights ill never know.

Back