Bj Penn bandwaggon crash. how many survived?

jeez, should've expected BJ Nuthuggers shitting on Gomi. Gomi > Bj Penn any time of century, decade, year, minute, second, in this planet or another or another galaxy.

Except when they actually fought, you mean.

And no one is shitting on Gomi. Claiming he's not as good as the best LW ever is not shitting on him.

Gomi and BJ aren't better than each other. Both have been awesome and both have sucked. Who cares?

Gomi and BJ aren't better than each other. Both have been awesome and both have sucked. Who cares?

i know, it's just BJ nuthuggers being disrespectful towards one of the greats in Gomi.

Let's just leave it at Gomi > Bj Penn. And we just move on to more uncertain and unclear topics.

I'm equally a Penn fan and a Gomi fan, to see Gomi is better is just wrong. They're both awesome, but Penn beat him fair and square. I know I didn't care who was better, I just just did not want to see them fight.

I was always sort of neutral when it came to BJ. But, when he said he would fight GSP to the death, then throws in the towel after taking a dominating beatdown and quits..he made himself look like he had no heart, and that he talked a better game than he had.

Okay, I think this thread is rather going off track and not what I wanted this thread this to be about.

I will admit that BJ fans want to think that Bj's better than Gomi, and that want to disregard the fact that Gomi fought for the very first time in cage, in Hawaii, in no other than Bj's Penn's own fighting organization, and had one unfair stand up going against himself. Let's say I admit that Bj's fanboys, i mean , fans want to think that Bj Penn's better than Gomi, just because of one fight. I'm sure Serra's better than GSP too. Or Soj over Lil Nog. Pity Gomi never had a chance to avenge his loss, which would've been a lock, but I should say I would admit that you guys wouldn't change your mind on your misguided notion of who is better.

Let's say Bj is better than Gomi. I mean, it doesn't change the fact who is really a better LW.

I was always sort of neutral when it came to BJ. But, when he said he would fight GSP to the death, then throws in the towel after taking a dominating beatdown and quits..he made himself look like he had no heart, and that he talked a better game than he had.

Is he a great fighter? Yeah, he's a great fighter. But he's a quitter, he's a front runner. He's that guy, that bully guy whose rich and talented, but once you push through, once you get through all of that, and it ain't easy, but once you get through that, he's gonna fold. And he's gonna quit.
-Somebody to somebody else.

Gomi never quit though. Never talked a big game and end up quitting.

Dude that's just false. BJ always got more hate than love and never had the kind of rampant, rabid fans that Fedor or Wand/Shogun or some Japanese fighters had.

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

When BJ vs GSP 2 happened 99% of sherdog was ecstatic to trash BJ for months.

No. Just a very large portion of fans couldn't wait to do it and for good reason. He still retained his base of fans, which is the most loyal fan base I've ever seen in sports.

This whole "crazy BJ fan" thing is a myth invented by the BJ-hating majority.

OK now you're just living in denial.

i know, it's just BJ nuthuggers being disrespectful towards one of the greats in Gomi.

Let's just leave it at Gomi > Bj Penn. And we just move on to more uncertain and unclear topics.

How about we stop acting like one fighter being better than another actually matters?

BJ is the reason I got into MMA. He will forever be one of my favorites.

Penns prob my fave fighter. Followed him since the Uno fight. Seeing his decline and refusal to fight guys his own size has been very tough.

His RNC in the first hughes fight is still my all time mma moment, especially with all the sh@t hughes talked pre fight.

Just after he tapped, bj kisses hughes on the head and hughes just takes it n pats bjs arm in acknowledgement. Beautiful!!

bandwagon and BJ Penn.....really?

think their is a big difference between people jumping off a bandwagon and being realistic based on recent performances. many who DON'T believe he stands any chance against Edgar still want him to win, me included.

Gomi is the only fighter that is 0-1 against a contemporary great and still considered better.

BJ beats the shit out of and finishes Gomi at any point in their careers. BJ could have taken a nap after losing to hughes, woken up, and still made short work of Gomi. BJ is better. Let it go.

Right now in their careers, not a fucking chance. Gomis decline has been a lot less then BJs. Both are still legends of the sport.

I'll always be a fan of Penn. He's the only legitimate two weight champion in my opinion.

Still a fan!

BJ's a legend and deserves a lot more credit than the haters will give him.

on a side note: Gomi is the #2 LW of all time. He's also a legend and deserves respect. Sadly we never got to see a match up between Gomi and Penn in their primes (fistofice is true to some extent, Shooto Gomi (a wrestler/gnp fighter) was a lot different from Pride Gomi (a boxer). That would have been a hell of a fight!

Back