BJ Penn 9 years without winning a fight a world record?

6033729.gif

You hold your fucking tongue you filthy causal. Penn fought a lot of tough fights well beyond his prime. MacDonald, Edgar, Diaz, and Rodriguez are nothing to be ashamed about. He got caught by a BJJ demigod wizard in Hall, as for Siver, lets not talk about that. He should've retired on his last win and the fact he still has the drive and will to fight shows you the type of warrior Penn is.

He's not demanding main card or main event status, the dude just wants to get in there and throw hands well beyond his time. Dude deserves respect. The guy is still known today as he always have been, a dude that just wants to fucking fight.

I agree with you to a degree. I do admire his will to still fight and compete. But at a certain point, and considering health implications, you have to lay the gloves down. I've always liked BJ, and I haven't heard him say much about being a "great" or making excuses for his losses. Again, that is admirable.

I don't want to ruffle any feathers. but the fact remains he hasn't won in 8.5 years. He's 40 now, and his last win he was what like 31 going on 32 years old? 0-6-1 since his last win. I know a lot of great fighters tend to decline as they approach 35+ but not at this rate. Yea he was a good fighter in his day, but a lot of people seem to regard him as a legend. And i'm just not buying it honestly. I'm basically just ignoring his last 4 fights. If you start form his fight with Rory, he was 33 going on 34 (which is an age a legend is kind of expected to still be able to compete at a decent level), and after that fight he was 16-9-2.

I don't really have any beef with Penn, i just struggle to view him as a legend of the sport and a great. had he retired at 33, I still wouldn't have viewed him as that. Even though, admittedly, I do think he should have retired after his fight with rory. But that's hindsight.

He's also 16-13 now btw. Hopefully he fights a couple more times and finishes at a 50/50 record. Going a full decade without a win and finishing 16-16 would be a great accomplishment.

My dad is 65 and hasn't won a fight in over 40 years, BJ is in good shape.

its sad, but he was the rightful winner in his first frankie fight

BJ Penn is the most overated name in MMA history.

Says the guy with Cro Cop AV

{<huh}

Call me back when he beats a better fighter than Mostapha Al-Turk in a non-shady MMA organization

I agree with you to a degree. I do admire his will to still fight and compete. But at a certain point, and considering health implications, you have to lay the gloves down. I've always liked BJ, and I haven't heard him say much about being a "great" or making excuses for his losses. Again, that is admirable.

I don't want to ruffle any feathers. but the fact remains he hasn't won in 8.5 years. He's 40 now, and his last win he was what like 31 going on 32 years old? 0-6-1 since his last win. I know a lot of great fighters tend to decline as they approach 35+ but not at this rate. Yea he was a good fighter in his day, but a lot of people seem to regard him as a legend. And i'm just not buying it honestly. I'm basically just ignoring his last 4 fights. If you start form his fight with Rory, he was 33 going on 34 (which is an age a legend is kind of expected to still be able to compete at a decent level), and after that fight he was 16-9-2.

I don't really have any beef with Penn, i just struggle to view him as a legend of the sport and a great. had he retired at 33, I still wouldn't have viewed him as that. Even though, admittedly, I do think he should have retired after his fight with rory. But that's hindsight.
Because you are right on all points ... good posts sir . He was overrated when he came back to the UFC, and never did anything remarkable. His best win is the first Matt fight , then he ran to Japan and never ran it back so we never knew if he could do it again . Check my post on previous page it nails the bj UFC farce.

He’s done not only physically but mentally too. He’s a train wreck and I feel like the story of bj penn will be one of sadness and despair before his life’s over . And lots and lots more yayo , of course .

Back