BJ Penn 9 years without winning a fight a world record?

Right cause it made a lot of sense to trash on an actual UFC champ
Fuck off with your title of UFC champ, as if that's supposed to be some pinnacle of prestige in MMA.

Matt Serra was a UFC champ, so was Carla Esparza, but neither Fedor or Cro Cop were, so that means Serra and Esparza are more elite than those guys were right?

Keep showing what a dummy you are.

Fuck off with your title of UFC champ, as if that's supposed to be some pinnacle of prestige in MMA.

Matt Serra was a UFC champ, so was Carla Esparza, but neither Fedor or Cro Cop were, so that means Serra and Esparza are more elite than those guys were right?

Keep showing what a dummy you are.

Comparing BJ Penn to Esparza

{<jordan}

I'm not even saying its the pinnacle of prestige but if you go 4-5 in UFC against so-so competition in your prime, that clearly means something. I'm just saying BJ is no more susceptible to criticism than guys like CC hence why I found your post funny in the first place.

{<jordan}

I'm not even saying its the pinnacle of prestige but if you go 4-5 in UFC against so-so competition in your prime, that clearly means something

Why is that Cro Cop fan talking trash? Didn't Penn go to his precious Japan, fought their best guy and ended it with this crime scene?
201102251004260e4_crop_exact.jpg

Last edited:
Why is that Cro Cop fan talking trash?

Why is that Cro Cop fan talking trash? Didn't Penn go to his precious Japan, fought their best guy and ended it with this crime scene?
201102251004260e4_crop_exact.jpg

Its basically biased nostalgia.

There is absolutely no dimension on any universe where BJ Penn's career can be questioned without CC's being questioned first

{<jordan}

I'm not even saying its the pinnacle of prestige but if you go 4-5 in UFC against so-so competition in your prime, that clearly means something. I'm just saying BJ is no more susceptible to criticism than guys like CC hence why I found your post funny in
And I'm saying if you wanna play stupid and ignore all the facts surrounding that stretch in Mirko's career, or if you're not educated enough to know, then it's difficult for me to take you seriously.

BJ Penn had about a decade where he was relevant in martial arts, then he had another decade where he was a complete punching bag.

Mirko has 25 years of K-1 and MMA success, with a couple of years of bad losses.

Mirko closed out his career on a 10 fight win streak, BJ penn has gotten his ass kicked in every fight he's been in for the past 10 years.

Penn can't hang with todays mma fighters. I'd say him vs CM Punk is a 50/50 fight at this point, punk has size on him and wrestling vs Penns diminishing skills.
Lol CM punk is like worse than an average person. Lesnar trained half that time and became champ. Punk is useless.

I’d say with BJ the skills are still there but the physicality is gone.

He used to have decent speed , strength and agility at his peak. He was never super strong but enough to hold his own. His fight IQ was superb. He could anticipate what the opponent was gonna do. In the fights with Sherk and Florian, they couldn’t even touch him.

He had ridiculous flexibility and balance. He could put his feet behind his neck, he could bounce on one leg while the other leg is grabbed. He could even stay upright when the opponent grabbed one leg and lifted him up. They just could not take him down.

He had some freak of nature to physicality. In the 2nd fight with Hughes, he was being GNP and almost took Hughes back from the bottom.

All that is gone now. Goes to show skills and physicality are dependent on each other

And I'm saying if you wanna play stupid and ignore all the facts surrounding that stretch in Mirko's career, or if you're not educated enough to know, then it's difficult for me to take you seriously.

BJ Penn had about a decade where he was relevant in martial arts, then he had another decade where he was a complete punching bag.

Mirko has 25 years of K-1 and MMA success, with a couple of years of bad losses.

Mirko closed out his career on a 10 fight win streak, BJ penn has gotten his ass kicked in every fight he's been in for the past 10 years.

So you talk about playing stupid and ignoring facts etc. while speaking about last 10 years avoiding the fact that it wasn't exactly BJ's prime, While Mirko had way worse losses in the middle of his prime?

Going by the same logic, can you also describe Fedor to me as a fighter, but only considering his fights in last 10 years or so?

Cool story bro, cya never. Your favorite fighter is the definiton of unproven

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Kenneth-Allen-13050

Put some hespect on his name. Hasn't won a fight since '06 but not for a lack of trying.
So...is this guy paid to lose fights so he can pad records, or is he really just this fucking bad?

This is the guy CM Punk should have fought. Though I'd favor Ken Allen to get his second win before Punk gets his first

So you talk about playing stupid and ignoring facts etc. while speaking about last 10 years avoiding the fact that it wasn't exactly BJ's prime, While Mirko had way worse losses in the middle of his prime?

Going by the same logic, can you also describe Fedor to me as a fighter, but only considering his fights in last 10 years or so?

Cool story bro, cya never. Your favorite fighter is the definiton of unproven
So wait, Penn has not won a fight since 2010, so by your logic he was already out of his prime at 30 but Cro Cop was still in his prime at 35?

You're an idiot.
<bball1>

Back