• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bitcoin currency of the future?

First off, what happened to me getting wrecked? Lol you wanted to tell me my money wasn’t any safer in the bank. I know you tried to go with that one. Who insures bitcoin? Anyone?

I have stock in Disney that I got as a gift like 16 years ago. And yeah I plan on investing more into stocks someday. I already told you I invest in real estate. Right now I’m saving my money to put 10% down on 60 apartments that I’m already managing. Real estate almost never loses value, unlike stocks.

This is all way off topic. If you want to switch this conversation into how to invest money, we can do that.

So you're only insured for 500k? That's pretty poor for a guy that has so much real estate. And you having an insured account doesn't mean it can't be hacked.

So you're only insured for 500k? That's pretty poor for a guy that has so much real estate. And you having an insured account doesn't mean it can't be hacked.
Also lol at only $500k. How much does bitcoin insure?

The price of your real estate is as speculative as the price of bitcoin.

I don't need someone to babysit my bitcoin. Maybe if you understood the decentralization aspect, or frankly any aspect of the blockchain, you would understand that.
So bitcoin insures $0. Makes sense. Also you nothing about real estate.

You mean when the economy went to shit because the government forced banks to either make bad loans or pay a penalty?

I remember the housing market collapsing. I'm still underwater on my place.

I remember the housing market collapsing. I'm still underwater on my place.
Yeah the government gave banks two choices. Make the loan or pay the penalty. Commerce bank(where I bank) chose to pay the penalty intstead of making home loans to people they new couldn’t afford the loan. Commerce bank wasn’t affected by the housing disaster. It’s funny how liberal based holloywood made no mention of the government in the movie The Big Short.

Yeah the government gave banks two choices. Make the loan or pay the penalty. Commerce bank(where I bank) chose to pay the penalty intstead of making home loans to people they new couldn’t afford the loan. Commerce bank wasn’t affected by the housing disaster. It’s funny how liberal based holloywood made no mention of the government in the movie The Big Short.

Big short was a load of bullshit, and as a liberal progressive I was sickened by how it pandered to all of the political casuals so they could feel as though they had watched something of substance.

Do you have sources?

Big short was a load of bullshit, and as a liberal progressive I was sickened by how it pandered to all of the political casuals so they could feel as though they had watched something of substance.

I thought it did a good job explaining a boring (to some) and complex topic in a watchable way.
What bits are you refferring to?

I thought it did a good job explaining a boring (to some) and complex topic in a watchable way.
What bits are you refferring to?

It addresses many basic facts, as films do, but relative to this specific issue it glosses things over. People in general just believe that banks took advantage of poor people. This is largely a misrepresentstion of reality, and I for one am an advocate of the poor versus the system, but the truth is that rich idiots did this to themselves by overextending on the market.

Honestly, the movie looked boring to me and I never watched it, but I have a pseudo intellectual fake-progressive friend who ranted to me about his opinion on shit based on having watched this film and listening to him only further enhanced my disgust for it.

"That movie was horrible"

"Well I didn't really watch it"

"A friend told me what he thought about it though."

It addresses many basic facts, as films do, but relative to this specific issue it glosses things over. People in general just believe that banks took advantage of poor people. This is largely a misrepresentstion of reality, and I for one am an advocate of the poor versus the system, but the truth is that rich idiots did this to themselves by overextending on the market.

Honestly, the movie looked boring to me and I never watched it, but I have a pseudo intellectual fake-progressive friend who ranted to me about his opinion on shit based on having watched this film and listening to him only further enhanced my disgust for it.

Did you ever watch The Frontline episode on the banking downfall?

Back