• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bitcoin currency of the future?

Big short was a load of bullshit, and as a liberal progressive I was sickened by how it pandered to all of the political casuals so they could feel as though they had watched something of substance.

Honestly, the movie looked boring to me and I never watched it,

<{MingNope}>

Oh man if this forum was a 'you laugh you lose' I'd be taking L's all day long....

It addresses many basic facts, as films do, but relative to this specific issue it glosses things over. People in general just believe that banks took advantage of poor people. This is largely a misrepresentstion of reality, and I for one am an advocate of the poor versus the system, but the truth is that rich idiots did this to themselves by overextending on the market.

Honestly, the movie looked boring to me and I never watched it, but I have a pseudo intellectual fake-progressive friend who ranted to me about his opinion on shit based on having watched this film and listening to him only further enhanced my disgust for it.

But harsh for a movie you haven't seen.

I recommend you watch it.

Bet you guys wish you’d bought at £4000 last week

Don't give up hopes, bitcoin players! You made some good money, hopefully, but even if you lost it all, you have learned a lot. I made a post in this thread a few weeks back,and certainly didn't want this crash to happen, but IMO it was inevitable.

FWIW, I was one of those tech stock traders that lost it all in 99...2000. Fun while it happened! But I recovered and made a small career out of it .....

I have a feeling that Cannabis will replace Bitcoin as the currency of the future.

Don't give up hopes, bitcoin players! You made some good money, hopefully, but even if you lost it all, you have learned a lot. I made a post in this thread a few weeks back,and certainly didn't want this crash to happen, but IMO it was inevitable.

FWIW, I was one of those tech stock traders that lost it all in 99...2000. Fun while it happened! But I recovered and made a small career out of it .....

Haha finally someone from Sherdog who isn't investing rooting us on. You've seen it all. Hopefully you have a little skin in the game!

Market's at $400B+. Need BTC to stay at a $9k support level from what I'm being told.

For anyone interested, Ethos are going to release some fairly big news about their BedRock API via a livestream starting in ten minutes.

The BedRock API is a big deal; this is going to enable other projects to build upon Ethos, and essentially power an entire financial ecosystem using the Ethos blockchain (digital wallets, fiat gateways, interface with traditional stock markets, global payment and settlement system, etc). The scope is virtually unlimited.

In simple terms, this will massively increase the value of Ethos tokens through the course of this year.

Livestream link on their FB page:

https://en-gb.facebook.com/ethosplatform/

This has a chance to blow up or crash. Buy 1 shitcoin and get another shit coin. Or buy 1 coin for $100 get one that’ll hit $300+. There’s already stiff competition in the market for Private coins, but this has the BTC name attached. Looks interesting enough for me to toss $1k at.

https://btcprivate.org

These banksters are fucking assholes and not one will spend a day in jail. Banks and fiat being used for illicit activities better ban them amirite

http://bitcoinist.com/rabobank-fined-money-laundering-bitcoin/

Rabobank, a major Dutch bank which last week refused to service Bitcoin businesses due to “compliance risks,” has been fined $369 million for money laundering.

For anyone interested, Oyster (PRL) is doing an airdrop of another one of their coins (SHL, white paper to be issued soon) in a 1:1 ratio. PRLs in wallets are definitely getting an airdrop, and they are working with exchanges to see if it would be possible to do an airdrop immediately to the exchange.

There isn't a given date at this time, but it is after the announced coin burn (which is March 1st). Apart from the other good news coming from PRL, this is basically free money. I've unloaded some of my other (poorer performing) coins for a small bump in PRL coins. But the price will probably drop significantly after the airdrop. Really sad i didn't have money for this when it was $0.4, after that announcement, the price went to $1.4 in a day. There was a slight correction afterwards, but still.

Not trying to shill this one, but it's one of the few coins with some actual quantifiable value.

This has a chance to blow up or crash. Buy 1 shitcoin and get another shit coin. Or buy 1 coin for $100 get one that’ll hit $300+. There’s already stiff competition in the market for Private coins, but this has the BTC name attached. Looks interesting enough for me to toss $1k at.

https://btcprivate.org

In my opinion its a solid bet buying zclassic, it still has 2 weeks until the fork. I'm hoping it at least doubles on where it is now.

In my opinion its a solid bet buying zclassic, it still has 2 weeks until the fork. I'm hoping it at least doubles on where it is now.

Yea, it could very well double. You just have to make sure you’re not left with the bag once the fork happens. You’re betting that BTCP goes for more than what you paid for ZCL because you know ZCL is going to drop like a rock after the fork.

Yea, it could very well double. You just have to make sure you’re not left with the bag once the fork happens. You’re betting that BTCP goes for more than what you paid for ZCL because you know ZCL is going to drop like a rock after the fork.

I was planning on selling 80% pre fork as I bought a fair amount with Cardano. I am basically gambling that ZCL goes up more then Cardano in the following couple of weeks.

I'm only sitting on 2 LTC, about .03 BTC and .1 ETH now. Put most of my stash into vechain, POWR, REQ, XRB, etc

If Tether fails, LTC will be the go-to coin when people try to cash out. They’ll be too afraid that ETH will clog.

On a side note, It looks like the CEO of Binance has talked to someone he trusts who has seen the Bitfinex Tether bank accounts and say’s they’re solid. Still, I’m a little skeptical. We need a 3rd party audit IMO.

Worth a read. Probably not 100% honest or accurate, but this type of paid shilling absolutely goes on. Reddit is flooded with it, but it even goes beyond into journalism as well. These groups have infiltrated Discord and Telegram, and likely even Sherdog. This thread is fairly popular with a ton of posts, one of the largest threads on the forum. Overall its probably as bad as you can imagine. Also, it doesn't stop at crypto either. Politics is completely swamped with this shit.

These shilling campaigns can and do snowball very quickly. If it seems like there's too much excitement around something that should be a reg flag. Especially when it's unverifiable or "potential" big moves, nothing concrete. There's also misleading moves like when Microsoft becomes "partnered" in a project, but it's like a small team who merely comments about their findings on a crypto project.

I've seen a massive amount of it especially around XRP, VEN, and TRX. When teams themselves are misleading people into the extent of "partnerships" it's a massive red flag. I've even seen TRX aggressively pump on their Twitter. It's shameful stuff, completely unethical, probably illegal, and tells me they're full of shit and have to hype their product because it lacks substance to speak for itself.

Do your own research and don't risk what you can't afford to lose.

Back