Bisping just confirmed his bad eye doesnt work at all

Who cares, he did it to himself by continuing to fight. He would have been better off retiring on top after he beat Luke but he did further damage rematching Hendo (which he loss imo) GSP and KG.

Who cares, he did it to himself by continuing to fight. He would have been better off retiring on top after he beat Luke but he did further damage rematching Hendo (which he loss imo) GSP and KG.

can you blame him for wanting some paydays before retiring?

It is fair to say that Bisping having a fake eye makes him the MW GOAT.

It's a prosthetic eye. He can only see out of it when it's hooked fully charged. The newer ones have wireless charging bit the problem is you have to stand with your eye really close to the chargimg pad which you know is borderline socially unacceptable.

On the Ariel Helwani show

Cant see anything with it.

Dude fought with half his vision

<{dayum}>

Now all i care about is how he was able to pass medicals
He "confirmed" it a long time ago. It's a fake eyeball.

Another forum member posted the requirements for pre-fight medicals in another thread.
Apparently, not concussed and not pregnant is about all you need to pass in most States.
Pretty sure there is a heart rate and or pressure check too, knew a guy who got pulled due to one of those

IMO he's not very clear here. He tries his best to diverge and not be 100% clear.

He says he can see a tiny bit, then says he cant, then says he was able to pass medicals if he squinted in the right direction and the doctor was surprised he could see anything at all...

So he stays on the fence basically.

I guess you could interpret that and take it as he couldnt see and just didnt want to admit, but he doesnt say clearly "i cant see shit"

You seem to be trying very hard to not understand what Bisping is saying

He's very clearly stated that he can barely see out of it.
He stated that by squinting and turning to certain angles he can barely squeek by to get 20/200 vision, which is basically the ability to make out the silhouette of a person and not much more.
He also stated that he got glaucoma which worsened the eye's condition.
He has pulled out and shown people the prosthetic he wears, which is basically a fancy contact lens that covers the eye so it doesn't look grotesque.
He's talked about how he has almost no vision in his bad eye.

He has plainly stated this and made it very clear.
Why are you so insistent that he's 'on the fence' and 'not being clear about it'?

On the Ariel Helwani show

Cant see anything with it.

Dude fought with half his vision

<{dayum}>

Now all i care about is how he was able to pass medicals

Of course, why do you think GSP wanted the fight?

Is it not a fake eye? I figured he couldn’t see out of it.

That doest mean he cant see anything at all

Just listen to the clip that was posted in this thread where he says he could see a bit

Wait, what? You think you can see out of a glass eye? How would you propose that would work?

Yet people hype GSP's win against him. IMO GSP isn't a legit double champ. Yoel was the real champ during Bispings reign and GSP wanted ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with him.
gsp went 5 rounds with Nicky though
wait...what are ur viewz on Diaz vs Romero? Dream match up all in all
<RomeroSalute>VS<209Bitch>

I'm worried he will eventually go completely blind he has issues with his good eye and had mentioned it has a chance of going the same way can you imagine how much that would suck?

Bisping suffered a right eye injury in 2013 in a bout against Vitor Belfort which almost brought him to retirement, but revealed that he’s seen flashes out of his left eye since the Gastelum fight that ended with a vicious KO.

“After the Gastelum fight, I went to a party with all my team,” Bisping said. “We went to a club, and because it was dark, I kept seeing this flash out of the corner of my good eye [Left Eye] I realized there’s no flash going on. It’s just my eye, and every time I look left, it flashes.

“And it still does it now when it’s dark. It’s light now so I can’t see it. So I started freaking out, thinking oh my God, I don’t believe this, I’ve got a detached retina in my good eye. I have problems with my bad eye [Right Eye], it doesn’t look good, so obviously I was kind of freaking out.”

He revealed that doctors told him he had suffered a vitreous detachment in his left eye, which he explained as leaving him vulnerable to having another detached retina.

“My vision (in my right eye) was pretty much non-existent since 2013,” Bisping said. “I was just about able to scrape past the medicals. It was definitely touch and go. I was always terrified of doing a full training camp, then being turned away by the commission doctor.

“It was difficult. To pass the medical test, you’ve got to have 20-200 vision, which is classed as clinically blind anyway, so it’s not very good – it’s not a very hard mark to pass. Some days I could, some days I couldn’t. But fortunately, I was just able to scrape by. People always say: ‘How did you fight with only one eye?’ And I always say: ‘With great fucking difficulty!'”

If with concerns that he could lose vision in both eyes permanently, Bisping said the decision to retire became final during a flight Sunday night where he watched the movie JOURNEYMAN–where an older prizefighter from boxing suffers severe mental and physical problems as a result of brain trauma from fights at the end of his career. Currently there is no system in place for retired UFC fighters to receive on going medical support for injuries sustained during their career.

gsp went 5 rounds with Nicky though
wait...what are ur viewz on Diaz vs Romero? Dream match up all in all
<RomeroSalute>VS<209Bitch>

Romero vs Nick Diaz? You serious? Romero would take him down and punch his skull in.

Back