Economy Billionaires race to space much more then putting men on the moon or mars

So land on the asteroid and deploy mylar sails.

Your threads get deleted constantly and you're just not learning from your mistakes. It's almost like you create bad threads on purpose so they can get deleted and you can complain.
OH, please, a mod, for whatever reason, did not want a discussion about the moon now being considered to reside within the earth's atmosphere.

You are being a moron.

Its an amazing world we live in, where we are on the verge of mining more materials than we have ever had access to. It could change the world overnight.... but not for the better as we are also on the verge of seeing billionaires becoming the new hundredthousandaire. If someone were to bring even a single high grade asteroid to be mined, they would quickly become the worlds richest person. With that kind of money, they could change the world. But there is no saying if it will be for the better.

Governments need to get on this, and figure out how to regulate and control it. It has to be done safely, responsibly, and they have to make sure that people personal finances (I can't believe I am saying this) don't get to the point where buying entire countries. And I'm not talking small ones, a quintillionaire could easily buy their way to power in any number of countries. Or Buy one outright, and I am so not okay with that.

OH, please, a mod, for whatever reason, did not want a discussion about the moon now being considered to reside within the earth's atmosphere.

You are being a moron.
They probably didn't want another one of your threads. I'm serious. I don't know how you formulated the thread and what the content was apart from what you just said.

money-asteroids-1200.png

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/theres-big-money-made-asteroid-mining/

"
If humans were ever able to get their hands on just one asteroid, it would be a game-changer.

That’s because the value of many asteroids are measured in the quintillions of dollars, which makes the market for Earth’s annual production of raw metals – about $660 billion per year – look paltry in comparison.

The reality is that the Earth’s crust is saddled with uneconomic materials, while certain types of asteroids are almost pure metal. X-type asteroids, for example, are thought to be the remnants of large asteroids that were pulverized in collisions in which their dense, metallic cores got separated from the mantle.

There is one such X-type asteroid near earth that is believed to hold more platinum than ever mined in human history."
Who will be the first rapper with a platinum asteroid chain?

They probably didn't want another one of your threads. I'm serious. I don't know how you formulated the thread and what the content was apart from what you just said.
So, stfu then. Seriously, you are clueless by your own admission. You really should be asking why this information should not be disseminated on this board.

So, stfu then. Seriously, you are clueless by your own admission. You really should be asking why this information should not be disseminated on this board.
Going by your usual threads, it was probably something with how you put the whole thing together. It's also not really war room material, but that aside.

Its an amazing world we live in, where we are on the verge of mining more materials than we have ever had access to. It could change the world overnight.... but not for the better as we are also on the verge of seeing billionaires becoming the new hundredthousandaire. If someone were to bring even a single high grade asteroid to be mined, they would quickly become the worlds richest person. With that kind of money, they could change the world. But there is no saying if it will be for the better.

Governments need to get on this, and figure out how to regulate and control it. It has to be done safely, responsibly, and they have to make sure that people personal finances (I can't believe I am saying this) don't get to the point where buying entire countries. And I'm not talking small ones, a quintillionaire could easily buy their way to power in any number of countries. Or Buy one outright, and I am so not okay with that.
They could overnight destroy one Country economy that relies on a specific mineral such as gold, diamonds, platinum, uranium or possibly game changing have not been discovered yet could take down a huge economy. I remember when Russia was getting out of the post tearing down the wall wanted to pull up their economy by flooding the world with diamonds. They hold the largest stock of diamonds in the world an debeers stepped in a warned them it would crush the value of it almost to nothing.

I think we seriously need to be careful and consider the outcome of somebody like Dr.Evil commandeering one of these things.

If one could "pull" an asteroid into the orbit of Earth, one could pull it into collision course with earth. Accidentally or intentionally. If it's big enough it will penetrate the atmosphere partially intact and could create some real shitstorm, especially depending on its size.

Take out a block, city, continent.....consequences could be unpredictable.

Read the book Space Barons - great read in the long term scope of private space exploration plans.

I saw a story about asteroid mining in space and being able to control and place asteroids in a safe space in orbit could bring trillions and trillions in raw materials from just one asteroid.
This would never happen. Is the asteroid moving? How would it be moved into a specific orbit? How big of an asteroid are we talking about?

m2loabygryfvkis0ihvo.jpg

I saw a story about asteroid mining in space and being able to control and place asteroids in a safe space in orbit could bring trillions and trillions in raw materials from just one asteroid. The value could be more then mining for gold or other rare earth materials on earth since the beginning of it. The race to mars and moon could be more about getting there but there are rare minerals on the moon too but getting it from there could be more difficult then people think.

SpaceX has been picked to launch a satellite that will launch a projectile that will see if it can effect the flight of the asteroid. Of course the idea of redirecting an asteroid safely away from the earth would be great but also being able to open the door towards potentially creating options such as slowing and placing it within an orbit safely. These things come by far more often then people know most of the time never being a threat but still potentially rich with minerals that could be far rarer then anything on earth.

There are a ton of crazy ideas but being able to place it in a position to being safely mined is the first part of the mission.

Moon-Mining-For-Helium-3-Might-Gross-Trillions-of-Dollars-For-The-Miners.png

The people who are first there could become tillionaires overnight because the value of these could be greater then the GDP of the US potentially over a decade of mining.

asteroid-miner-deep-space-to-launch-first-commercial-mission-by-2020.jpg

Of course being able to prove that you could control and place a body the size of an asteroid in a safe orbit is a huge reach and very very unlikely but the possibility is enough to drive lots of investment if even remotely possible. Companies like Lockheed, Boeing, SpaceX, Blue Origin as well as tons of other Countries are likely in a similar race.

Just thought it was interesting what does Sherdog think?
It's an interesting idea that goes back decades to some science fiction writer. Maybe Heinlein. There might be some unintended consequences that would need to be worked out but if it works can gain us access to even water as well as gold or other minerals. Worst case scenarios though could be catastrophic. Imagine it slamming into the earth or bringing back some Andromeda Strain type pathogen.

Last edited:
I think it's bullshit. And the mods recently deleted the thread where scientists admit the moon is in our atmosphere. For those that are not amazed by that admission, ask your nearest astrophysicist.
It's not surprising our atmosphere extends that far. Astronauts experience microgravity in orbit because they are constantly falling toward the earth at the precise angle that they never hit the ground. The moon is also within our gravity well or it would orbit around the sun or some other large body it encountered. It's so diffuse at those distances though that you should not have the impression it would effect our climate.

I wonder if putting it in an orbit around the moon is a more achievable and less dangerous proposition. You could use the moon as a base of operations.

I also think your statement that one could become a billionaire over night if they could mine one is funny. I mean, you’d need to be a billionaire just to get the project off the ground. Your company valuation would be in the billions to trillions even before setting out to mine.
If this is accomplished it would make the investors extraordinarily wealthy.

I wonder if someone could use this a huge projectile to hit a city there actually been talk about a government using one of these to be far more powerful then any nuclear bomb in history. The one meteor that ran over Russia exploded with the force of something crazy like a 1000 hydrogen bombs or something crazy.

A steel telephone pole sized object would be enough to target a city. Slamming an asteroid into the earth might have global consequences.

Back