Economy Billionaires race to space much more then putting men on the moon or mars

RE: The fucking irony

Yes, I did the actual math and you used google. Google, and now you are clearly fucked.

I'm not doing the math for you, as you won't get it, but 1) the speed of the earth's orbit around the sun is 66,667 MPH. Do the math yourself. 2) The height of that curve is most definitely 6.66 inches. Do the math yourself. 3) I'll go ahead and help you here... lol, this is funny. It's tilted from a 90 degree base and the axial tilt is 23.4 degrees. See what's happening here? You remember inverse angles from 7th grade?

Buh, buh, buh... I googled it... LOL.
What a pathetic dodge. So you did the math but won't write it out, we should just take your word for it, it's just too complex for anyone to understand? <puh-lease75>

This is Google. <DisgustingHHH>
This is you. <BronTroll1>

What a pathetic dodge. So you did the math but won't write it out, we should just take your word for it, it's just too complex for anyone to understand? <puh-lease75>

This is Google. <DisgustingHHH>
This is you. <BronTroll1>
67,000 is from rounding, dipshit.

Here is a much closer approximation based on what we are told.

Earth takes 365.25 days to orbit the sun, which is one astronomical unit (AU) or 92,955,807 miles. Remember 2 x π x r? If you had, you would then know that the earth travels about 584 million miles/year.Or you could google it, lol.

Now, since speed = the distance traveled over that time, you must divide 584,000,000 by 365.25, and then divide that by 24 to get your MPH.

The second one was the curvature formula for the earth. You can look it up now, fair?

And I already gave you the 66.6 degree axial tilt as it's the inverse angle of the 23.4 degree tilt usually spoken of.

Sorry, but the point here is that no one even considers how seemingly impossible moon landings would be and everyone buys into NASA's stories as pure truth when many things have already been exposed.

Now billionaires want to swindle millionaires for a piece of this fake-ass action.

m2loabygryfvkis0ihvo.jpg

I saw a story about asteroid mining in space and being able to control and place asteroids in a safe space in orbit could bring trillions and trillions in raw materials from just one asteroid. The value could be more then mining for gold or other rare earth materials on earth since the beginning of it. The race to mars and moon could be more about getting there but there are rare minerals on the moon too but getting it from there could be more difficult then people think.

SpaceX has been picked to launch a satellite that will launch a projectile that will see if it can effect the flight of the asteroid. Of course the idea of redirecting an asteroid safely away from the earth would be great but also being able to open the door towards potentially creating options such as slowing and placing it within an orbit safely. These things come by far more often then people know most of the time never being a threat but still potentially rich with minerals that could be far rarer then anything on earth.

There are a ton of crazy ideas but being able to place it in a position to being safely mined is the first part of the mission.

Moon-Mining-For-Helium-3-Might-Gross-Trillions-of-Dollars-For-The-Miners.png

The people who are first there could become tillionaires overnight because the value of these could be greater then the GDP of the US potentially over a decade of mining.

asteroid-miner-deep-space-to-launch-first-commercial-mission-by-2020.jpg

Of course being able to prove that you could control and place a body the size of an asteroid in a safe orbit is a huge reach and very very unlikely but the possibility is enough to drive lots of investment if even remotely possible. Companies like Lockheed, Boeing, SpaceX, Blue Origin as well as tons of other Countries are likely in a similar race.

Just thought it was interesting what does Sherdog think?

I think researching the ability to manipulate the path of asteroids is important for all the reasons you stated. I also think building a base on the moon is important for research that would better prepare us to colonize other terrestrial bodies. Also, as technology improves, mining on the moon may one day be lucrative.

67,000 is from rounding, dipshit.

Here is a much closer approximation based on what we are told.

Earth takes 365.25 days to orbit the sun, which is one astronomical unit (AU) or 92,955,807 miles. Remember 2 x π x r? If you had, you would then know that the earth travels about 584 million miles/year.Or you could google it, lol.

Now, since speed = the distance traveled over that time, you must divide 584,000,000 by 365.25, and then divide that by 24 to get your MPH.

The second one was the curvature formula for the earth. You can look it up now, fair?

And I already gave you the 66.6 degree axial tilt as it's the inverse angle of the 23.4 degree tilt usually spoken of.

Sorry, but the point here is that no one even considers how seemingly impossible moon landings would be and everyone buys into NASA's stories as pure truth when many things have already been exposed.

Now billionaires want to swindle millionaires for a piece of this fake-ass action.
The earth orbits the sun in an ellipse, an AU is just the distance of the earth from the sun, and it varies. And what does there being gas atoms around the moon have to do with moon landings? When the tail of the earth's magnetic field reaches the moon it's curvature of spacetime should collect some of it. That should have nothing to do with moon landings. How do you correlate the two?

I think it's bullshit. And the mods recently deleted the thread where scientists admit the moon is in our atmosphere. For those that are not amazed by that admission, ask your nearest astrophysicist.
You are off by a few million miles there bud. Go back to elementary school.

The earth orbits the sun in an ellipse, an AU is just the distance of the earth from the sun, and it varies. And what does there being gas atoms around the moon have to do with moon landings? When the tail of the earth's magnetic field reaches the moon it's curvature of spacetime should collect some of it. That should have nothing to do with moon landings. How do you correlate the two?

PS found this link for you.

Lol the latest Alex Jones Joe Rogan episode was great. He said all sorts of shit about interdemensional aliens

For fuck sakes, no shit! I simplified it even more for you as you didn't even know the elementary school math. Do you want the calculus?

It's even closer to 66,600 MPH, fwiw.

Now, let's talk about what has to happen to land on the moon, k? Do you honestly believe THE ENTIRE NASA story?

For fuck sakes, no shit! I simplified it even more for you as you didn't even know the elementary school math. Do you want the calculus?

It's even closer to 66,600 MPH, fwiw.

Now, let's talk about what has to happen to land on the moon, k? Do you honestly believe THE ENTIRE NASA story?
Yes, I believe in NASA, the Apollo missions, satellites, space telescopes, Mars rovers, etc.. I'm sorry for arguing with you I thought you were on about the atmosphere and climate change.

I'll leave this link and if you disagree about anything we can talk about it in PM's or start a different thread.

Yes, I believe in NASA, the Apollo missions, satellites, space telescopes, Mars rovers, etc.. I'm sorry for arguing with you I thought you were on about the atmosphere and climate change.

I'll leave this link and if you disagree about anything we can talk about it in PM's or start a different thread.
Never was this about climate change. Start a thread with that link, please. Is that a photo too? Are any of the pics on this thread actual photos? Be honest this time.

But , yeah, this is the thread about billionaires defrauding millionaires and TS thinks it's about the economy.

This video talks about various asteroid types an what can be extracted. It also talks about James Cameron being a early investor in an asteroid mining startup. Yes billionaires are taking this very seriously. This video just pop up in my recommended. PBS online video production.

This video talks about various asteroid types an what can be extracted. It also talks about James Cameron being a early investor in an asteroid mining startup. Yes billionaires are taking this very seriously. This video just pop up in my recommended. PBS online video production.

pbs spacetime is an awesome channel.
also eons is good.
Astro mining is going to change humanity radically

Well this is new NASA head is convinced that life on earth could be doomed in our lifetime. Yep not some distance future now they believe it could happen much sooner. NASA head believes the country needs to address this soon. That being said this news comes on the back of the administration announcing major cuts in NASA budget an cancellation of NASA big expensive STS rocket an other big NASA projects.

"
NASA administrator Jim Bridenstine believes the prospect of a killer asteroid colliding with Earth isn't something reserved for science fiction films.

Bridenstine made the case for why the US should be fortifying its defense against meteor events on Monday at the 2019 Planetary Defense Conference in Washington, D.C. "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...hief-warns-asteroid-crash-Earth-lifetime.html

A few things one is it will not cost much to send minerals back from an asteroid in space that is circling the earth. Your basically dropping a few thousands pounds of mass with a device large enough with big enough parachutes to slow its descent and crash land it on some remote area where trucks are waiting to transport it.

These devices could weigh only a few thousand pounds and Elon shooting to bring stuff up at around 500 per pound to a 1,000 per pound or less.

It really comes down to rocket reusability an fuel costs. Right now it's about 70 million per launch to put upto 60,000 lbs in space. This works out to around 1,200 dollars per pound per load. This is today launch prices.

The next generation rocket will have reusability an 100's of thousands of pounds of payload capacity. This huge rocket could drop the cost even more with Starship launches. Elon talked about making space travel available for under 50,000 for a majority of the US.

It sounds crazy but reusability an 48 bour turn around time per launch makes it more viable.
You would need an asteroid that also happens to be extremely rich in minerals to be circling the earth to begin with.
You would then need to send heavy mining equipment there.
I also love scifi but I don't expect that to happen any time soon. A few of the problems are:
-We don't even know the real composition of many asteroids. It might happen that some are rich in minerals but not that much.
-Asteroids aren't just rounding the earth in LEO, capturing an asteroid and redirecting close enough is scifi right now.
-The Japanese just landed a small probe on an asteroid and got a few grams of material that they will send back to earth. It cost 150 million USD to do that.
-Asteroids aren't as rich on minerals as some people claim, they're not made out of solid platinum.
That guy on Quora did some pretty good analysis, in a condensed form of course, of why it's not profitable:
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-p...ning-in-this-generation/answer/Carey-Sublette
Here is the main excerpt:
What is a kilogram of asteroid worth?

If the product is sold on Earth (the only existing market) then there are two proposed types of asteroid ore - platinum group metals (PGMs) and iron-nickel metal.

They richest types of asteroid for PGMs have about ten times the concentration of these metals compared to ores being exploited here on Earth. This makes the PGM content of the asteroid worth about $3/kg.

Nickel is worth much more than iron, and iron-nickel asteroids have a nickel content ranging up to 25%. Exploiting a nickel rich body, with 25% nickel, at current market prices (for pure refined nickel) would be worth no more than $3.50/kg (but a good bit less in truth, as it is really a crude ‘master alloy’ suitable only for making alloy steel rather than the higher value uses of pure nickel in batteries).

Currently there are only three mines on Earth with ores worth more than $1/kg — the Cigar Lake and McArthur River uranium mines operated by Cameco, and the Fire Creek gold mine operated by Klondex with ore values of $8.50, $5.60 and $1.60 per kilogram respectively. So the fabulous asteroid ores are actually only roughly as valuable as the richest ores on Earth.

Normally mining concerns profitably produce PGMs, and iron and nickel by having very low cost bulk processing methods that cost only dollars per ton of ore on ores worth pennies per kilogram.

The only asteroid retrieval mission so far proposed and costed is the Asteroid Redirect Mission:

Asteroid Redirect Mission - Wikipedia

which proposed bringing a 500,000 kg asteroid into Earth orbit at a cost of $2.6 billion, or $5,200/kg. Even this price does not get the asteroid to the Earth’s surface, in a marketable form.

Reductions in launch costs will not put more than a very small dent in this estimate as only a single Atlas V launch is required, which costs a mere $110 million.

There is no plausible way that asteroids can be safely diverted to Earth’s surface for a cost less than the value of the ore content. Not even zero launch costs from Earth look likely to change that due to the costs of extracting and returning the material, so appeals to “cheaper launches in the future” are a red herring.

Alright when some billionaire wants to give you money to go to mars or some shit just remember the movie pandorum.....you’re going to have a bad time

220px-Pandorum-Poster.jpg

Well NASA is planning a mission to an asteroid that very likely contains thosands of billions of pounds of platinum, gold an other valuable minerals. Could be worth an unfathomable amount of money.

"The asteroid, called 16 Psyche, is located in the primary asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. NASA plans to launch a solar powered space probe towards the asteroid in 2022, which should arrive in 2026. It will then spend two years investigating the asteroids metallic composition."

Here's the thing they are not mining it but will establish a point to determine if asteroid mining is feasible an if US an NASA gets a jump on independent missions from others.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...-16-psyche-asteroids-mining-gold-platinum/amp

I think it's a long ways off and it will take people with very deep pockets and a willingness to operate at a loss for long time.

It would probably take some egotistical billionaires more interested in the ideas and vision of it all, with no real expectation to get a big return. Or governments looking to develop technology as its own return, and then when it finally becomes profitable they will privatize it.

Over the long term (decades away at least) there is certainly the potential and I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

m2loabygryfvkis0ihvo.jpg

I saw a story about asteroid mining in space and being able to control and place asteroids in a safe space in orbit could bring trillions and trillions in raw materials from just one asteroid. The value could be more then mining for gold or other rare earth materials on earth since the beginning of it. The race to mars and moon could be more about getting there but there are rare minerals on the moon too but getting it from there could be more difficult then people think.

SpaceX has been picked to launch a satellite that will launch a projectile that will see if it can effect the flight of the asteroid. Of course the idea of redirecting an asteroid safely away from the earth would be great but also being able to open the door towards potentially creating options such as slowing and placing it within an orbit safely. These things come by far more often then people know most of the time never being a threat but still potentially rich with minerals that could be far rarer then anything on earth.

There are a ton of crazy ideas but being able to place it in a position to being safely mined is the first part of the mission.

Moon-Mining-For-Helium-3-Might-Gross-Trillions-of-Dollars-For-The-Miners.png

The people who are first there could become tillionaires overnight because the value of these could be greater then the GDP of the US potentially over a decade of mining.

asteroid-miner-deep-space-to-launch-first-commercial-mission-by-2020.jpg

Of course being able to prove that you could control and place a body the size of an asteroid in a safe orbit is a huge reach and very very unlikely but the possibility is enough to drive lots of investment if even remotely possible. Companies like Lockheed, Boeing, SpaceX, Blue Origin as well as tons of other Countries are likely in a similar race.

Just thought it was interesting what does Sherdog think?

I think we all know it is about making Elysium a real thing.

Back