Economy Billionaires race to space much more then putting men on the moon or mars

OH, please, a mod, for whatever reason, did not want a discussion about the moon now being considered to reside within the earth's atmosphere.

You are being a moron.
Of what consequence do you believe that is?

I think I'd need to be convinced of how much demand there is for rare earth metals vs our terrestrial supply. The shit is very common on earth, just not in ores, in clays and shit.

It is expensive to extract and refine on earth but there is no way it is 'mining in outer space' expensive.

Total production of rare earth oxides is around 120,000 mt and the most expensive oxide is like $50k per mt.

That's a generous six billion dollars total per year, and overhead comes out of that. Unless demand shoots up I dunno how a company makes trillions. Flooding the market with production would kill prices, and space ops would somehow need to compete with terrestrial refining of elements.

I'd be happy to be convinced though.

How the fuck do u transport the shit in mass quantities?

So, stfu then. Seriously, you are clueless by your own admission. You really should be asking why this information should not be disseminated on this board.
Maybe because it's useless?

So, stfu then. Seriously, you are clueless by your own admission. You really should be asking why this information should not be disseminated on this board.
It's not that interesting.

The moon didn't suddenly get found by science as closer to earth, science just found that the atmosphere extends further then we thought, it just gets very very thin and only hydrogen.

At the earth's surface, there is 100,000,000,000,000,000 atoms in a mL of atmosphere.
At the distance of the moon, there is 0.2 atoms.
Those are the real numbers.

No one is afraid to have that discussed, but if you think it means outer space is a hoax you maybe can't read good.

It's not surprising our atmosphere extends that far.
HUH? Yah, OK.

Now, consider this from the Glenn Research center of NASA. They are still claiming:

The Earth's atmosphere is an extremely thin sheet of air extending from the surface of the Earth to the edge of space. The Earth is a sphere with a roughly 8000 mile diameter; the thickness of the atmosphere is about 60 miles. In this picture, taken from a spacecraft orbiting at 200 miles above the surface, we can see the atmosphere as the thin blue band between the surface and the blackness of space....
https://www.grc.nasa.gov/www/k-12/airplane/atmosphere.html

And I am curious if anyone here believes that this is an actual photo as claimed by the Guardian:
2BxjDg_RdVKzCQzKidjJChoU2FPNJkWBTiB9lZuVZ19K70iuMw8phAA9Btc2-q_eiP-xWmRKfcx3m14tdPJowu-8JJz_-Ql9akXiVX1lFi784q8CQY4-_YNHiW0euWww8KOs8GV7hg=-w600-h400-p

https://www.theguardian.com/science...ission-spacecraft-beresheet-sends-back-selfie

HUH? Yah, OK.

Now, consider this from the Glenn Research center of NASA. They are still claiming:

The Earth's atmosphere is an extremely thin sheet of air extending from the surface of the Earth to the edge of space. The Earth is a sphere with a roughly 8000 mile diameter; the thickness of the atmosphere is about 60 miles. In this picture, taken from a spacecraft orbiting at 200 miles above the surface, we can see the atmosphere as the thin blue band between the surface and the blackness of space....

And I am curious if anyone here believes that this is an actual photo as claimed by the Guardian:
2BxjDg_RdVKzCQzKidjJChoU2FPNJkWBTiB9lZuVZ19K70iuMw8phAA9Btc2-q_eiP-xWmRKfcx3m14tdPJowu-8JJz_-Ql9akXiVX1lFi784q8CQY4-_YNHiW0euWww8KOs8GV7hg=-w600-h400-p

https://www.theguardian.com/science...ission-spacecraft-beresheet-sends-back-selfie
Yep. That's most of our atmosphere right there. The rest is so diffuse as to not make any difference on our climate.

The mass of the earth creates something like the dip in a roulette wheel, to keep it simple, in its surrounding spacetime. The "useable" atmosphere is compressed in the area around the numbers where the ball falls once it stops spinning. The effect warps spacetime far out though, beyond the orbit of the moon, that you can consider where the ball rolls when the wheel is spinning.

The moon is also quite massive compared to gas and has it's own momentum that propels it out further and further away. The gas though falls toward the earth like water traveling down into a valley while the grass up near the peak still remains moist. The dip in spacetime that surrounds the moon will also collect the gas within it's orbit and give the moon it's own diffuse atmosphere.

Last edited:
Yep. That's most of our atmosphere right there. The rest is so diffuse as to not make any difference on our climate.

The mass of the earth creates something like the dip in a roulette well, to keep it simple, in its surrounding spacetime. The "useable" atmosphere is compressed in the area around the numbers where the ball falls once it stops spinning. The effect warps spacetime far out though, beyond the orbit of the moon, that you can consider where the ball rolls when the wheel is spinning.

The moon is also quite massive compared to gas and has it's own momentum that propels it out further and further away. The gas though falls toward the earth like water traveling down into a valley while the grass up near the peak still remains moist. The dip in spacetime that surrounds the moon will also collect the gas within it's orbit and give the moon it's own diffuse atmosphere.

PS Astronauts do claim the dense atmosphere surrounding the earth is seen to be so thin it highlights the precarious nature of a hospitable planet if humans don't take care to protect it.

HUH? Yah, OK.

Why don't you make a thread about it, oh wait LOL

I'm under the impression that mining and transportation costs would be so high it would really only leave a few options for viability, like a golden asteroid.

Awww poor baby, come I'll give you a hug, the unknown can be so frightening. <{1-11}>
Look, buddy, you chose to come on this thread to claim that was a real photo when obviously, it is a CGI. You then doubled down on this stupidity by pretending you understood the issue as some astrophysicist.

Ready to go all in?

Do you agree with these numbers as the official NASA narrative:
1) Speed of the globe’s orbit: 66.600mph
2) Curvature in one mile squared: 666ft
3) The earth is on a 66.6 degree tilt.

Do you further agree with NASA that:
flat-earth-memes-73-4.jpg

They could overnight destroy one Country economy that relies on a specific mineral such as gold, diamonds, platinum, uranium or possibly game changing have not been discovered yet could take down a huge economy. I remember when Russia was getting out of the post tearing down the wall wanted to pull up their economy by flooding the world with diamonds. They hold the largest stock of diamonds in the world an debeers stepped in a warned them it would crush the value of it almost to nothing.

I've heard that a few times, that diamonds are artificially inflated in price like that, and that they aren't as rare as their price would have people believe.

Same thing would apply if any large volume of mined material was brought in from some asteroid. It would drive the price down if it was substantial enough quantity.

Look, buddy, you chose to come on this thread to claim that was a real photo when obviously, it is a CGI. You then doubled down on this stupidity by pretending you understood the issue as some astrophysicist.

Ready to go all in?

Ready to go all in?

What do you find outlandish about the earth's atmosphere reaching the moon? What does that imply to you?

These are pictures of earth's atmosphere where it's dense enough to make a difference on our climate. The grip of earth's gravity extends out farther than the moon so it's not surprising that atoms within it's influence would accumulate.

I'm a layman but have had an interest in Relativity since the centennial of Einstein's Annus Mirabilis about 15 years ago so am just sharing some knowledge with you. If you don't want to learn then that's on you.

PS The earth's magnetic field also plays a role in sustaining the atmosphere against the solar wind and the tail end reaches out to the moon.

Last edited:
A few things one is it will not cost much to send minerals back from an asteroid in space that is circling the earth. Your basically dropping a few thousands pounds of mass with a device large enough with big enough parachutes to slow its descent and crash land it on some remote area where trucks are waiting to transport it.

These devices could weigh only a few thousand pounds and Elon shooting to bring stuff up at around 500 per pound to a 1,000 per pound or less.

It really comes down to rocket reusability an fuel costs. Right now it's about 70 million per launch to put upto 60,000 lbs in space. This works out to around 1,200 dollars per pound per load. This is today launch prices.

The next generation rocket will have reusability an 100's of thousands of pounds of payload capacity. This huge rocket could drop the cost even more with Starship launches. Elon talked about making space travel available for under 50,000 for a majority of the US.

It sounds crazy but reusability an 48 bour turn around time per launch makes it more viable.

They could overnight destroy one Country economy that relies on a specific mineral such as gold, diamonds, platinum, uranium or possibly game changing have not been discovered yet could take down a huge economy. I remember when Russia was getting out of the post tearing down the wall wanted to pull up their economy by flooding the world with diamonds. They hold the largest stock of diamonds in the world an debeers stepped in a warned them it would crush the value of it almost to nothing.

That’s the official story. I bet the real story is much much worse. The whole country of Russia was probably threatened with annihilation

I think I'd need to be convinced of how much demand there is for rare earth metals vs our terrestrial supply. The shit is very common on earth, just not in ores, in clays and shit.

It is expensive to extract and refine on earth but there is no way it is 'mining in outer space' expensive.

Total production of rare earth oxides is around 120,000 mt and the most expensive oxide is like $50k per mt.

That's a generous six billion dollars total per year, and overhead comes out of that. Unless demand shoots up I dunno how a company makes trillions. Flooding the market with production would kill prices, and space ops would somehow need to compete with terrestrial refining of elements.

I'd be happy to be convinced though.

Only way to make it work is to sell digital currency...I would call it astrocoin or cometcash...yhea i got nothing

What do you find outlandish about the earth's atmosphere reaching the moon? What does that imply to you?

These are pictures of earth's atmosphere where it's dense enough to make a difference on our climate. The grip of earth's gravity extends out farther than the moon so it's not surprising that atoms within it's influence would accumulate.

I'm a layman but have had an interest in Relativity since the centennial of Einstein's Annus Mirabilis about 15 years ago so am just sharing some knowledge with you. If you don't want to learn then that's on you.

PS The earth's magnetic field also plays a role in sustaining the atmosphere against the solar wind and the tail end reaches out to the moon.
I'll address all your concerns, but you have yet to respond to basic questions. The answer allows me to attempt to further communicate with someone who thought that the picture was real.

Again now...

A simple "yes" is fine.

Back