Biggest Upset In A UFC Championship Fight?

silva vs weidman twice, holmes

I would say tonight just due to how. GSP got caught which can happen on any night, but to totally dominate a dominate champion like that earns my vote.

No. Fuck no. Matt Serra KO'd GSP in the first after winning a comeback TUF.

No it's not

I'm really suprised how many people overlooked dillashaw that badly.
He constantly improves every fight especially his stand up and the way he works his high kick.

I thought it would be more of a competitive fight though, i didn't know barao would get outclassed so badly.

Well it kind of depends. Serra was a massive underdog and no one saw any scenario where he won. That being said his win was more "flukey" or whatever and GSP justified that original betting line in the second matchup. Dillashaw was a big underdog, I thought he had a better chance than people were generally giving him, but I still thought Barao would take it and I didn't think there was a way in hell TJ would outstrike him, let alone drop him on the feet and TKO him.

So if you're just looking at the matchup alone I think Serra-GSP was a bigger upset, but if you look at the fight itself I think this was a bigger upset cause he beat him in the way I thought he had no chance of beating Barao, and he dominated him 4.5 rounds before the finish.

A lot of people say Silva vs Weidman but I don't agree with that. Weidman was undefeated, and while I picked Silva (it's hard to pick against a long time champ) something felt different about Weidman going into it. The method of victory was more shocking to me than the victory itself. A 50-45 to 48-47 UD with wrestling would not have surprised me as much in that fight, mainly because of Silva vs Sonnen 1.

Serra/GSP still reigns at the top.

Serra pretty much had ZERO chance of winning that fight.

Was there a "pro's pick" for GSP vs Serra 1? That might be a legit source to consider. I think 4/20-something picked TJ. I know I staked ALL MY VCASH on Renan itd.

I thought it was shocking on how he performed tonight.

So I said yes.

Back