Biggest Upset In A UFC Championship Fight?

Nothing will ever beat Serra/GSP. Nothing. Ever.

Weidman/Silva. I gave weidman no shot

Yet another "#1 p4p" bites the dust.

Aldo, Jones are next.

this fight ranks because most fucks never even heard of dillashaw, and he comes in here and completely rapes Barao who was hyped to shit with his ridiculous win streak.

Barao was not hype. Everytime a champ loses, everyone says its because he was over rated. Dillashaw just imposed the perfect plan and fought the perfect fight. He dominated every single round then finished it in the 5th for the icing on the cake.

gsp just got caught by serra.

TJ COMPLETELY dominated barao being the 8 to 1 underdog.

odds wise i guess youd have to say gsp-serra was a bigger upset. but in my mind TJ-barao is more surprising.

Serra-GSP and Weidman-Silva were bigger upsets. Serra-GSP was a fluke, this wasn't. Dominating for 4.5 rounds and finishing the best P4P fighter in the world? Can't get any more decisive than that!

absolutely without a doubt the biggest upset.

serra was a little more of an underdog.. but he had a fluke win. t.j. fucking annihilated barao.

some of you guys are idiots for saying silva vs weidman were bigger upsets. just because its the bigger fight doesnt mean its the bigger upset. the odds for that fight was like 2:1 silva being the favourite. TJ-barao was like 8:1

The Serra upset was bigger, not so much at the time it happened- that's not to say it wasn't a huge upset when it happened cuz it was - but it was such a huge upset when you consider GSP went on to beat EVERYBODY! Looking at it now it seems huge because GSP only lost to Hall-of-Famer Matt Hughes and has 20+wins

If Dillashaw goes on to win again in a rematch and defend his title say 3 or 4 times then this was not much of an upset at all

Gotta go with TJ just because of the way he did it- it wasn't just one big punch, it was a five round bruising AND a brutal finish.

It's in the top 3 for sure. Serra beating Gsp and Fedor losing is up there too.

I say yes, because while Serra was a bigger upset it was the 'punchers chance' kind of upset.

TJ nearly destroyed him in Rd 1, went on to dominated 3 more rounds clearly, and then finished him in Round 5.

The performance is the true awesome thing about this. Serra beating GSP showed that anyone has a punchers chance, but GSP proved in the rematch what a fluke it was.

This was no fluke, it was domination from beginning to end, from a huge underdog. That's why I say it's the biggest upset ever.

Nothing will ever beat Serra/GSP, but MAN was this incredible.

Shit.

I picked yes, but I forgot about Serra.

I would like to change my answer.

Shit. And Weidman, for me at least. Apparently I shouldn't post right away because I can't remember the past clearly after something so shocking.

Biggest upset I've seen, only started watching in 2009 and GSP had recovered the belt and was wrestle fucking his way into the history books.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back