Bigfoot Silva outclasses Fedor revisited

Fedor was just becoming a very wild striker by that point. Once you make a mistake that allows a BJJ black belt who outweighs you by 45 lbs to have top control, it’s going to be a rough night.
Fedor has always been a wild striker, except for a few fights where he spent his camps in Holland (CroCop, Monson). But his speed and well roundness made it work in his prime.

This was before Bigfoot started producing milk from his teets from all the roids he was shooting up

DC dropped and finished Bigfoot in one round 6 months after bigfoot beat Fedor

Shows how good DC is <Eek2.0>

Fedor is arguably one of the best HW's of all time.
"Arguably"
"One of"
<36>
He IS the best heavyweight of all time and a legitimate contender for being the best fighter regardless of the weightclass of all time, brother.
This is the fight that made me start to question if Fedor would have struggled in the UFC. He doesn't seem to have a good track record against the elite inside of cages.
As pointed out, Fedor abandoned a lot of what made him great a year or two ago from that fight already; he became a head hunter who basically just swung like a mad man.

Last edited:
It's funny how someone always has to explain that Fedor started losing 10 years into his career. It's even more funny how some posters reject that sentiment as a major factor for such events.

I realize that it's my fault for even trying to explain this to people. If you actually can't comprehend that, than that's on you lol
And people "counter" that argument by mentioning how hw is a division full of old ass men now. As if that means those guys are still in their prime, when it really just shows the division is incredibly stagnant.

That's why a lot of us aren't having this Stipe is the goat bullshit. Beating a bunch of guys near the end of their careers doesn't make you the best ever.

Fedor was past his prime by then, guy used to be a grappling based fighter. I always suspected and recent interviews with his coaches seem to suggest that he had a couple of bad back injuries that forced him to grapple less. Makes sense to me.

As far as the fight goes, I havn't seen it in years. But as far as I remember Fedor lunged in in the second round slower then usual got taken down easily and stayed there? I guess we can all cling to the fact that it was 1-1 going in to the third before the doctor stoped it :)

Good job Bigfoot. Great showing from him.

I decided to re-watch this fight tonight and was able focus focusing on Bigfoots's gameplan and man....what a performance. Slipping shots, well timed counters, takedowns at the right time and knew exactly when to push the pace. You can really appreciate the fight I.Q. displayed by bigfoot in this one.

Fedor is arguably one of the best HW's of all time. To see him being thrown around the cage and being outclassed like that was strange and weird to see. This is the fight that made me start to question if Fedor would have struggled in the UFC. He doesn't seem to have a good track record against the elite inside of cages.

So, after 10 years fighting the best of the best, you began questioning Fedor at the tail end of his prime?

That's...strange.

This has already been discussed, Bigfoot was not on TRT at the time, read post 23

And DC molly whooped Bigfoot 8 months after Bigfoot beat Fedor

Revisionist history filled with excuses when it comes to Fedor

Everyone who has followed Bigfoot's whole prime and post prime career knows that this "non TRT" - narrative you are trying to push for Strikeforce Bigfoot is ridiculous. Just stop it, you are clearly not even interested in being honest.

Everyone who has followed Bigfoot's whole prime and post prime career knows that this "non TRT" - narrative you are trying to push for Strikeforce Bigfoot is ridiculous. Just stop it, you are clearly not even interested in being honest.

Everything I said was documented, he was officially on TRT against Mark Hunt for a known condition he had.

He was not registered for TRT use against Fedor, legally.

But I cant deny the Bigfoot that fought Fedor was probably one of the best version of Bigfoot we ever saw

But DC beat Bigfoot 8 months after he beat Fedor and DC made it look easy

Shortly after this Bigfoot was knocked out by a 184 pound college wrestler who developed an eating disorder and had 2 years experience in MMA - Daniel Cormier.

Keep that in mind Fedor cult members.

Everything I said was documented, he was officially on TRT against Mark Hunt for a known condition he had.

He was not registered for TRT use against Fedor, legally.

But I cant deny the Bigfoot that fought Fedor was probably one of the best version of Bigfoot we ever saw

But DC beat Bigfoot 8 months after he beat Fedor and DC made it look easy

I don't care if it isn't documented he was on TRT against Fedor. We both still know he was, because we have seen how different fighter he is without it. If this was some other fighter you would have a good point, but with Bigfoot no-one who is honest with themselves in this thread is going to take you seriously.

I don't care if it isn't documented he was on TRT against Fedor. We both still know he was, because we have seen how different fighter he is without it. If this was some other fighter you would have a good point, but with Bigfoot no-one who is honest with themselves in this thread is going to take you seriously.

Even if he was on TRT DC beat Bigfoot easily 8 months after he fought Fedor

And then cain right after

Then Bigfoot went on to beat Overeem and Travis browne

When he officially went on TRT, he went on his biggest losing streak in his career lol

So who knows, but DC and Cain beat Bigfoot juiced to his gills easily

I decided to re-watch this fight tonight and was able focus focusing on Bigfoots's gameplan and man....what a performance. Slipping shots, well timed counters, takedowns at the right time and knew exactly when to push the pace. You can really appreciate the fight I.Q. displayed by bigfoot in this one.

Fedor is arguably one of the best HW's of all time. To see him being thrown around the cage and being outclassed like that was strange and weird to see. This is the fight that made me start to question if Fedor would have struggled in the UFC. He doesn't seem to have a good track record against the elite inside of cages.

I was shocked by this fight ! Also shocked by silva’s handsize my Lord frikking hamers ! Its always sad to see fedor lose. You just want and assume he just wins. I for one ledt e tear seeing this

Seeing Fedor just throw his head around while striking which is the most basic thing you learn to never do in any gym is just sad.

Beating bunch of tomatoes cans isn't that impressive. MMA fans have no idea what they are watching. This guy should never have been called the GOAT

Shortly after this Bigfoot was knocked out by a 184 pound college wrestler who developed an eating disorder and had 2 years experience in MMA - Daniel Cormier.

Keep that in mind Fedor cult members.

No matter how good you are you will eventualy lose to someone, and someone will upset you if you keep fighting and offering opportunities to opponents. That is the nature of fighting game.

That's why is 40 fights over 3 different MMA rulesets, all around the world a lot better and more real picture than 20 fights in only one MMA rules and only in american time zone.

This fight goes the third round Fedor wins. Look at Bigfoot at the end, completely exhausted being held up by two of his corner men. At the end of r2 Fedor got straight up to his corner, Bigfoot was laid on the mat absolutely spent.

Fedor fans - he's the goat he beats guys bigger than him.

Fedor fans after he fights someone big and skilled - the size difference was too much omg how was this sanctioned.
Nobody has ever said that. I hate these posts 'sherdog says', no they don't. Just made up shit to suit your narrative.

I love how, per Fedor fans, their hero suddenly became "old" by the time of Werdum fight.

The truth is, by 2010 Fedor finally stopped taking training seriously to pursue other opportunities like doing cheap C-rate movies. He began headhunting in every fight and started to seek that big right overhand instead of setting up combinations. His ground game deficiencies became even more glaring and Bigfoot Silva was able to exploit each and every one of those spectacularly.

I agree but he was on Vitor levels in bigfoot vs hunto #1, and if I'm not mistaken he's the guy that tested at at 10x:avg ratio and they banned it because of him

Back